DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question???!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G

question???!

hello fellow droid community I have a slight problem.

My problem is this. The touch screen on my D2G just died. I could see picture but get no response. I tried everything. It would come and go in patches. In its final hours i was able to unroot my phone (z4). I then proceed to hard reset everything back to default.

When i went to verizon he put in the submission for a new phone under motorola Warrenty. new phone arrives wednesday.

Im not worried about the touch screen that is fixable. When i rooted my phone i removed quite a few of the bs "undeletable" applications and ads ect.

Its my understanding that when you reset the phone back to default all of my apps are gone.

my question is does it RETURN the applications i deleted. if so thats great. Also will they know that i rooted it?

Any help or threads on the subject would be most greatful. I tried my best to research but failed i guess.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    To my understanding the preloaded apps that people delete on a rooted device won't come back even after a factory reset. Last time I had to send my Droid 2 back I SBF'd my phone,did the OTA update to put Verizon's crap back on the phone and sent it back after my replacement showed up because the touch screen started acting up.

Since getting a brand new Droid 2 Global from asurion cause of a shattered screen I noticed the touchscreen is sensitive where I barely touch the screen and apps open up.

If its not Boeing, I'm not going! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Factory reset won't restore those apps. You have to sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX
    -Brad
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    OK so i followed thread for Sbf on the droid hacks forum...but anytime i go try to unpack the sbf file...with winrar or 7zip i it says its corrupt. Am I missing something? I cant get the SBF to unpack without error :/

any ideas?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimo91 View Post
    To my understanding the preloaded apps that people delete on a rooted device won't come back even after a factory reset. Last time I had to send my Droid 2 back I SBF'd my phone,did the OTA update to put Verizon's crap back on the phone and sent it back after my replacement showed up because the touch screen started acting up.

Since getting a brand new Droid 2 Global from asurion cause of a shattered screen I noticed the touchscreen is sensitive where I barely touch the screen and apps open up.

the sensitivity of the screen has always been my problem. I swear if your fingers are hotter than normal that you can open an app without actuality touching the screen, just let them hover above.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums using SlideIT
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by roezario View Post
    OK so i followed thread for Sbf on the droid hacks forum...but anytime i go try to unpack the sbf file...with winrar or 7zip i it says its corrupt. Am I missing something? I cant get the SBF to unpack without error :/

any ideas?
    Are you downloading the files on your computer or phone? As far as I know, you need a computer to SBF your phone

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global

any ideas?
    You dont have to unpack anything. install rsdlite 4.9 on your computer, put the sbf file you downloaded on your computer, make sure you have updated drivers for your phone on your computer, find the step by step instructions for sbf'ing for your phone, should be a stickie in the forum for your phone.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    My post must not have been specific enough. When I download the SBF file its in .zip format. RSDlite recognizes this?

I was under the impression that RSDlite only recognized .sbf files which is my delimma.

Charging my phone back up to try just loading it as is...I downloaded both from the stickies....one is .rar and the other is .zip.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    My post must not have been specific enough. When I download the SBF file its in .zip format. RSDlite recognizes this?

I was under the impression that RSDlite only recognized .sbf files which is my delimma.

Charging my phone back up to try just loading it as is...I downloaded both from the stickies....one is .rar and the other is .zip.
    Roezario

When you download the sbf file from the sticky it is zipped and compressed. Meaning, you HAVE to unzip it, pull out the .sbf file and load that into rsdlite. I had to sbf week and half ago so I went through same ****. Rsdlite will not succesfuly flash the file untill you uncompress and unzip. Inside the .zip (which I extracted with winrar) there should be one file with sbf extention. That my friend is all you need. The rar is useless after extract sbf. Good luck!

Sent from my ANGELLIC DROID 2 GLOBAL
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by slimpirudude View Post

Roezario

When you download the sbf file from the sticky it is zipped and compressed. Meaning, you HAVE to unzip it, pull out the .sbf file and load that into rsdlite. I had to sbf week and half ago so I went through same ****. Rsdlite will not succesfuly flash the file untill you uncompress and unzip. Inside the .zip (which I extracted with winrar) there should be one file with sbf extention. That my friend is all you need. The rar is useless after extract sbf. Good luck!

Sent from my ANGELLIC DROID 2 GLOBAL

I understand the unzip part...its just that when i do it winrar says its corrupted...i redownloaded....and got the same thing. You still have your sbf? make a torrent!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links