DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D2G vs Droid Pro

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

D2G vs Droid Pro

So I was wondering what's so bad about the Droid pro. I don't care about small screen, that's gonna give it a better battery life than the d2g. Im a heavy texter so I would use the front keyboard. Which one should I pick?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Looks like a blackberry but isn't. Is junk at price of free.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    My wife loves her Pro. So much faster than her Curve. And she really likes the keyboard now that she's used to it. Wanted nothing to do with a slideout or virtual so it was the right choice for her. GL!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by maurer171 View Post
    My wife loves her Pro. So much faster than her Curve. And she really likes the keyboard now that she's used to it. Wanted nothing to do with a slideout or virtual so it was the right choice for her. GL!

How was the battery life? Bcuz im really edging toward the pro. Also was she using it with light, moderate, or heavy usage?

6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    What an ignorant comment. The whole premise android was founded upon was the ability to allow the user to choose whichever type of phone that fits their preference. Whether you prefer the DROID pro or not is your own business. What your saying is essentially the same thing as saying that a DROID x looks like an iphone with a bigger screen. Regardless, the original poster should select the phone that fits their preference. If you desire a portrait qwerty keyboard then obviously go with the pro. If you prefer a touch screen keyboard with a larger screen and a slide out qwerty keyboard then go with the DROID 2 global. Android is all about choices, so make the decision that you prefer.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Not junk but I think you're better off with the D2G. I think their may be an issue with the Pro and resetting on it's own as well.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Not junk but I think you're better off with the D2G. I think their may be an issue with the Pro and resetting on it's own as well.
    I have read that too, but most people seem to say that the rebooting issue was resolved in the most recent OTA update back in late April. I have no problems with reboots whatsoever for what its worth.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by patmw123 View Post
    What an ignorant comment. The whole premise android was founded upon was the ability to allow the user to choose whichever type of phone that fits their preference. Whether you prefer the DROID pro or not is your own business. What your saying is essentially the same thing as saying that a DROID x looks like an iphone with a bigger screen. Regardless, the original poster should select the phone that fits their preference. If you desire a portrait qwerty keyboard then obviously go with the pro. If you prefer a touch screen keyboard with a larger screen and a slide out qwerty keyboard then go with the DROID 2 global. Android is all about choices, so make the decision that you prefer.
    When did I say don't get the phone you want? I don't care if it looks like a blackberry but when you go into it thinking it will work as well as one you might be sorry. I recommended that phone to my mother who is a VP when it first dropped & that was a big mistake on my part because corporate sync was trash. Besides that it seems to have some reboot & screen issues. I don't care what people throw money at but when someone asks if it's worth it I'm not going to sugar coat it.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by patmw123 View Post
    When did I say don't get the phone you want? I don't care if it looks like a blackberry but when you go into it thinking it will work as well as one you might be sorry. I recommended that phone to my mother who is a VP when it first dropped & that was a big mistake on my part because corporate sync was trash. Besides that it seems to have some reboot & screen issues. I don't care what people throw money at but when someone asks if it's worth it I'm not going to sugar coat it.
    I have heard alot of complaints about corporate sync on the d2g. But otherwise I agree with everything you said. It looks like a blackberry. If that's what you want go for it but I think its ugly.

Also to the op, we can't really decide for you. Go to the store. Play with both and see if you think the smaller keys on the DP is something you can get used.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!

Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid2GlobalLover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maurer171 View Post

How was the battery life? Bcuz im really edging toward the pro. Also was she using it with light, moderate, or heavy usage?

Battery's ok. Typical smartphone. Wife's a moderate user. Checks email constantly though. And yes, like others have said, it stopped the random rebooting a while ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links