DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: D2G vs Droid Pro

  1. Junior Droid
    Droid2GlobalLover's Avatar
    Member #
    197584
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    D2G vs Droid Pro

    So I was wondering what's so bad about the Droid pro. I don't care about small screen, that's gonna give it a better battery life than the d2g. Im a heavy texter so I would use the front keyboard. Which one should I pick?

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    dfuser312553's Avatar
    Member #
    110383
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,084
    #2
    Looks like a blackberry but isn't. Is junk at price of free.
  4. Junior Droid
    maurer171's Avatar
    Member #
    149140
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Droid X
    #3
    My wife loves her Pro. So much faster than her Curve. And she really likes the keyboard now that she's used to it. Wanted nothing to do with a slideout or virtual so it was the right choice for her. GL!

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    Droid2GlobalLover's Avatar
    Member #
    197584
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by maurer171 View Post
    My wife loves her Pro. So much faster than her Curve. And she really likes the keyboard now that she's used to it. Wanted nothing to do with a slideout or virtual so it was the right choice for her. GL!

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    How was the battery life? Bcuz im really edging toward the pro. Also was she using it with light, moderate, or heavy usage?

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  6. Droid Ninja
    patmw123's Avatar
    Member #
    17526
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,665
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Looks like a blackberry but isn't. Is junk at price of free.
    What an ignorant comment. The whole premise android was founded upon was the ability to allow the user to choose whichever type of phone that fits their preference. Whether you prefer the DROID pro or not is your own business. What your saying is essentially the same thing as saying that a DROID x looks like an iphone with a bigger screen. Regardless, the original poster should select the phone that fits their preference. If you desire a portrait qwerty keyboard then obviously go with the pro. If you prefer a touch screen keyboard with a larger screen and a slide out qwerty keyboard then go with the DROID 2 global. Android is all about choices, so make the decision that you prefer.
  7. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Looks like a blackberry but isn't. Is junk at price of free.
    Not junk but I think you're better off with the D2G. I think their may be an issue with the Pro and resetting on it's own as well.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid Ninja
    patmw123's Avatar
    Member #
    17526
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,665
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Looks like a blackberry but isn't. Is junk at price of free.
    Not junk but I think you're better off with the D2G. I think their may be an issue with the Pro and resetting on it's own as well.
    I have read that too, but most people seem to say that the rebooting issue was resolved in the most recent OTA update back in late April. I have no problems with reboots whatsoever for what its worth.
  9. Droid Ninja
    dfuser312553's Avatar
    Member #
    110383
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,084
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by patmw123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Looks like a blackberry but isn't. Is junk at price of free.
    What an ignorant comment. The whole premise android was founded upon was the ability to allow the user to choose whichever type of phone that fits their preference. Whether you prefer the DROID pro or not is your own business. What your saying is essentially the same thing as saying that a DROID x looks like an iphone with a bigger screen. Regardless, the original poster should select the phone that fits their preference. If you desire a portrait qwerty keyboard then obviously go with the pro. If you prefer a touch screen keyboard with a larger screen and a slide out qwerty keyboard then go with the DROID 2 global. Android is all about choices, so make the decision that you prefer.
    When did I say don't get the phone you want? I don't care if it looks like a blackberry but when you go into it thinking it will work as well as one you might be sorry. I recommended that phone to my mother who is a VP when it first dropped & that was a big mistake on my part because corporate sync was trash. Besides that it seems to have some reboot & screen issues. I don't care what people throw money at but when someone asks if it's worth it I'm not going to sugar coat it.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Xplorer4x4's Avatar
    Member #
    45078
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evansville,IN
    Posts
    1,007
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patmw123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Looks like a blackberry but isn't. Is junk at price of free.
    What an ignorant comment. The whole premise android was founded upon was the ability to allow the user to choose whichever type of phone that fits their preference. Whether you prefer the DROID pro or not is your own business. What your saying is essentially the same thing as saying that a DROID x looks like an iphone with a bigger screen. Regardless, the original poster should select the phone that fits their preference. If you desire a portrait qwerty keyboard then obviously go with the pro. If you prefer a touch screen keyboard with a larger screen and a slide out qwerty keyboard then go with the DROID 2 global. Android is all about choices, so make the decision that you prefer.
    When did I say don't get the phone you want? I don't care if it looks like a blackberry but when you go into it thinking it will work as well as one you might be sorry. I recommended that phone to my mother who is a VP when it first dropped & that was a big mistake on my part because corporate sync was trash. Besides that it seems to have some reboot & screen issues. I don't care what people throw money at but when someone asks if it's worth it I'm not going to sugar coat it.
    I have heard alot of complaints about corporate sync on the d2g. But otherwise I agree with everything you said. It looks like a blackberry. If that's what you want go for it but I think its ugly.

    Also to the op, we can't really decide for you. Go to the store. Play with both and see if you think the smaller keys on the DP is something you can get used.



    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!


    Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

    I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!
  11. Junior Droid
    maurer171's Avatar
    Member #
    149140
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Droid X
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid2GlobalLover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maurer171 View Post
    My wife loves her Pro. So much faster than her Curve. And she really likes the keyboard now that she's used to it. Wanted nothing to do with a slideout or virtual so it was the right choice for her. GL!

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    How was the battery life? Bcuz im really edging toward the pro. Also was she using it with light, moderate, or heavy usage?

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    Battery's ok. Typical smartphone. Wife's a moderate user. Checks email constantly though. And yes, like others have said, it stopped the random rebooting a while ago.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

d2g vs
,
droid 2 global junk
,

droid 2 vs droid pro

,
droid 3 versus droid pro
,
droid 3 vrs droid pro
,

droid 3 vs droid pro

,
droid pro battery life
,
droid pro versus droid 3
,

droid pro vs droid 2

,

droid pro vs droid 3

,
droid pro vs. droid 3
,
why is the droid pro battery so bad
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+