DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decided to Wait

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    60lpsdf250
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by lerit50 View Post
    Yeah, first attempted failed miserably. I'm also too tired right now so I think this is a task that needs to take place when I have a little more energy and time on my hands

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g
    I think there's a way... keep digging around in this and other forums.

Sent from D2G using DroidForums app.
    Last edited by 60lpsdf250; 05-03-2011 at 11:50 AM.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Well i'm on fission now anyways. But my phone didn't respond well to liberty. And I didn't really see anything amazing about liberty. Im having great performance and battery life on fission.

Define respond well..

One of the great things about liberty is the amount of themes and tweaks. I think you need the libert toolbox to really get the most out of it. It runs much faster then blur. I haven't seen the best battery life since switching to stock but then again I only had my phone stock for a day or two after from when I purchased it. If I tried I could probably increase battery life.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!

Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    60lpsdf250
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Yeah, first attempted failed miserably. I'm also too tired right now so I think this is a task that needs to take place when I have a little more energy and time on my hands

Check this thread out Fission addons - anyone interested?

This might be what you're looking for.

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 Rooted... testing roms
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
    Well i'm on fission now anyways. But my phone didn't respond well to liberty. And I didn't really see anything amazing about liberty. Im having great performance and battery life on fission.

Define respond well..

One of the great things about liberty is the amount of themes and tweaks. I think you need the libert toolbox to really get the most out of it. It runs much faster then blur. I haven't seen the best battery life since switching to stock but then again I only had my phone stock for a day or two after from when I purchased it. If I tried I could probably increase battery life.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Fission just felt cleaner and sleaker on my phone. Plus there are no bugs to worry about. Basically I'm waiting for GRD rom and this will do in the mean time.
    Droid2 GLOBAL
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 60lpsdf250 View Post

[Q] Stock Blur Text Messaging on apeX V1 (possibly other ROMs)

I tried to do something like this but it didn't work.
    Droid2 GLOBAL
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Fission just felt cleaner and sleaker on my phone. Plus there are no bugs to worry about. Basically I'm waiting for GRD rom and this will do in the mean time.
    I havent found any bugs in Liberty except one but now that I think about it I think its a hardware bug not a liberty bug, but to each there own. Fission probably does feel cleaner and sleeker because it is a more basic rom. Some people prefer a more basic rom and some prefer soemthing with more tweaks and mods, and I like the latter assuming it doesnt bog down the phone, which for me it hasnt.

Well like I said you need blurhome I believe, but beyond that it all comes down to weather or not the system files needed for blur are still in tact. If not, it doesnt matter what you do with the apks, the system code just is not there to support it. I would ask the dev as to what degree blur was removed from the rom. Some roms just freeze some aspects of blur and call it blur-less while other roms truly are blur-less because they are AOSP which is based on the vanilla android source code.

On a side note thanks for this link! It was a good read. I might see about getting my blur contacts in to liberty. Doubt it will work but cant hurt to try!
    Last edited by Xplorer4x4; 05-03-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!

Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Does the Global part of the D2G work in Fission, or do you need stock for that?

Are there any features of stock that don't work in Fission (minus the Blur stuff and the crapware of course)?

Is Fission running on Froyo or Gingerbread?

I'm new to all this root stuff, so am just curious.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    60lpsdf250
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I havent found any bugs in Liberty except one but now that I think about it I think its a hardware bug not a liberty bug, but to each there own. Fission probably does feel cleaner and sleeker because it is a more basic rom. Some people prefer a more basic rom and some prefer soemthing with more tweaks and mods, and I like the latter assuming it doesnt bog down the phone, which for me it hasnt.

Well like I said you need blurhome I believe, but beyond that it all comes down to weather or not the system files needed for blur are still in tact. If not, it doesnt matter what you do with the apks, the system code just is not there to support it. I would ask the dev as to what degree blur was removed from the rom. Some roms just freeze some aspects of blur and call it blur-less while other roms truly are blur-less because they are AOSP which is based on the vanilla android source code.

On a side note thanks for this link! It was a good read. I might see about getting my blur contacts in to liberty. Doubt it will work but cant hurt to try!
    I defer to Xplorer4x4. I have not tried to do what you are attempting (remember I am all about efficiency (oh, BTW, I'm going on 14hrs on my last charge)).
    Hard to believe that one can root and freeze blur and install non-Verizon/Moto infrastructure and not do the same in a customizable ROM. I suppose that notion is plausible, but I think someone just hasn't figured how to work it yet.

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Yeah I think it works on ApeX cause apex isn't aosp

Quote Originally Posted by rowlightweight View Post
    Does the Global part of the D2G work in Fission, or do you need stock for that?

Are there any features of stock that don't work in Fission (minus the Blur stuff and the crapware of course)?

Is Fission running on Froyo or Gingerbread?

I'm new to all this root stuff, so am just curious.
    It's ok, we're here to help.

The "Global Part" works once you flash the Sim card hotfix in the fission rom manager that you download when you go to install fission. That is very easy to install.

I've been running this for 2 days now and have been able to do everything I could in stock. I just have more battery life now.

And fission is running on Froyo. There is no Gingerbread leaked for the droid2 global yet, we are still awaiting this.

Hope that helps

I defer to Xplorer4x4. I have not tried to do what you are attempting (remember I am all about efficiency (oh, BTW, I'm going on 14hrs on my last charge)).
    Hard to believe that one can root and freeze blur and install non-Verizon/Moto infrastructure and not do the same in a customizable ROM. I suppose that notion is plausible, but I think someone just hasn't figured how to work it yet.

Yeah my battery life is outstanding as well compared to what I was getting.

And yeah I get what you're saying. Really I don't even care at this point. I would rather just have gingerbread
    Droid2 GLOBAL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links