I was at a track meet today and my phone was in my bag. It was off, but got pretty wet. It may have been wet for about 2 hours. I tried to turn it on, but it wouldn't work. I pulled out the battery and the water indicator was all red. I dried it off a little for about 15 minutes and tried to turn it back on. It worked and then shut down. About 45 minutes after that, I took it apart and put it in rice. Left it in the rice for an hour and could not resist turning it on. It turned on like regular, but the I couldn't unlock the touch screen, so I pulled the battery and put both back in the rice.
I just found out that turning it on before it drys can "fry" it. Everything looked the same except there was a little dicoloration on the screen and it would not respond to touches.
Do I have any chance at all or is my phone toast? I have insurance for it.