DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New D2G ROMers Read This First!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2

New D2G ROMers Read This First!

Okay so after skimming the boards this morning I came to a conclusion that this needs to be posted somewhere! The D2G cannot run any ROM right now except for: Fission 2.4.3 Droid 2 Global Edition. Do not try to flash any other ROM then come to here and ask why your phone is not working.

The Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global are two completely different phones and ROM's cannot be interchanged between the two. If any new ROMs come out for the D2G I will edit this post but for right now D2G users you are stuck with:

Fission:
    [ROM]Fission 2.4.3 Droid2Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager - xda-developers

D2G_ROMER GET~R~DONE:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...et-r-done.html
    Last edited by miketoasty; 02-11-2011 at 09:38 AM.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by miketoasty View Post
    Okay so after skimming the boards this morning I came to a conclusion that this needs to be posted somewhere! The D2G cannot run any ROM right now except for: Fission 2.4.3 Droid 2 Global Edition. Do not try to flash any other ROM then come to here and ask why your phone is not working.

The Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global are two completely different phones and ROM's cannot be interchanged between the two. If any new ROMs come out for the D2G I will edit this post but for right now D2G users you are stuck with:

[ROM]Fission 2.4.3 Droid2Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager - xda-developers
    Well it looks that you are about to edit this whole thing lmaooo cause squidly is jumping this stage hahaha and it will be released this afternoon and no jokes is officially from wozzy.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL ( THE GAME OF LIFE )
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 473x15 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miketoasty View Post

Well it looks that you are about to edit this whole thing lmaooo cause squidly is jumping this stage hahaha and it will be released this afternoon and no jokes is officially from wozzy.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL ( THE GAME OF LIFE )
    All I have to edit is the URL's to the new ROM's. Not that big of a deal and should help out a good bit of the D2G community find all their new ROM's in one place.
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Thanks Miketoasty, we do need a thread about this issue, too many D2G users are simply flashing D2 ROMS (or trying the D2 SBF for that matter) and then wondering why their phones are broken.

This info is buried deep in a bunch of different threads but having it up front would be nice...

Heck, when I bought the D2G, I went to the store planning on getting a D2, but saw the Global was faster and just assumed that the D2 based stuff would work on it...Whoops. Now here I am a few months later, and still the only full rom option is fission, even after the SBF has been out for awhile.

Links