DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: just upgraded from original Droid to D2 Global

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2 Global & original Droid

just upgraded from original Droid to D2 Global

I have a few issues that I would like to fix... Any help would be appreciated

1.) even though I have a security picture to trace when trying to unlock the phone, I first have to swipe my finger across the screen the same way I would if I didn't have a password at all...

2.) SMS Texting, it has the chat bubble as opposed to how my OG Droid just has the messages listed out without the bubbles

3.) on my original Droid, when I had an unread txt, the indicator light would flash green

4.) new emails just puts a picture in the system tray but does not flash the notification light, I know I can install k9mail which is what I used before, but would like to see if I can make this work without installing a bunch of extras.

5.) shortcuts for dialing... before I could actuallly select on the shortcut if I wanted to auto dial mobile, or home, or whatever from the contact list, now when I click on the shortcut, I get prompted if I want to txt, call home, call work, call mobile, etc.... I just want it to automatically call mobie.

6.) When sending a txt, I can't press "OK" on the keyboard and have it send the txt, I actually have to touch the screen... any way around that?

7.) when I dock my phone, if the phone is more than 80% charged, it comes up with a message telling me to unplug the phone, which doesn't really matter, but sometimes, that message will freeze on the screen and it blocks half of the clock.

I will update as I find more things that are annoying. :-)

Thanks!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @terryrook
    Phone
    Droid 2- RubiX 2.0.1
    unfortunately the lock is here to stay, unless you download an app called no lock from the market, but if you get it, its always running, always there, sucks. most of the indicator settings such as the light, color, frequency, ect. can be changed by opening email or text, then settings, you'll see the rest from there. As for the rest, mines different as I'm running a rom, I cant remember stock. Someone here will know.
    Hello my name is Terry and I'm a Flash Addict
    Oc'd @ 1391 mhz
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    Yeah, I upgraded from a samsung moment which runs a very stock android and had some similar gripes... I'm very happy with the way I've been able to get things set up now. Here's some things that may help...

2.) I ended up installing Handcent which you can get rid of the bubbles: Settings > Custom Style > Bubble settings > Conversation style > Android

3.) Handcent also allows you to specify this and change the color the LED flashes

4.) Using Gmail?? I get a green light for a new gmail, checked my settings and didn't see where to turn that on though.

5.) Yeah, that's part of motoblur... I didn't like it either. I Any Cut 2, which gave me what I was looking for... Just a image of the contact and automatically texts or calls.

6.) Again with handcent you can specify this (Settings > Send Message settings > Shortcut key to send)

Additionally, you may get annoyed with the volume settings for the ringer. If you set the phone to vibrate always there is no option for silence all. If you set the phone to vibrate except on silent, you can't set the phone to vibrate only. To battle this i got the "Silent Toggle Widget" - it's not perfect, but it's better than going into settings everytime I switch from vibrate to silence.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2 Global & original Droid
    I don't know if there's something going on, but I can't find hancent in the market, I have downloaded it before, but now it does not show up.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by smokin5s View Post
    I don't know if there's something going on, but I can't find hancent in the market, I have downloaded it before, but now it does not show up.
    Are you searching for hancent? you're missing the "d" if you are. it's handcent. They did release a web version of the market today:
    handcent - Android Market
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    ArtfulSacrifice
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Rooting your Droid 2 Global and installing Fission ROM will give you an experience close to the original Droid.

Most of your issues are due to Motoblur running on the phone, which I personally couldn't stand.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission using the DroidForums app.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid & Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusC View Post
    Rooting your Droid 2 Global and installing Fission ROM will give you an experience close to the original Droid.

Most of your issues are due to Motoblur running on the phone, which I personally couldn't stand.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission using the DroidForums app.

Ditto,
    It will make your D2G run fast and smooth

Links