DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: boots in clockwork recovery everytime.

  1. Droid
    mentalchaos's Avatar
    Member #
    157392
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    droid2g
    #1

    boots in clockwork recovery everytime.

    I have fission on my phone it works just fine, but every time I boot my phone up it goes to the clockworks recovery screen and I have to reboot. How do I stop this?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    shaddix's Avatar
    Member #
    159947
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    38
    Phone
    d2g
    #2
    I get this too.
  4. Master Droid
    silver6054's Avatar
    Member #
    139110
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    537
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalchaos View Post
    I have fission on my phone it works just fine, but every time I boot my phone up it goes to the clockworks recovery screen and I have to reboot. How do I stop this?
    This worked for me

    1. Root
    2. Get root explorer in the market
    3. Uninstall the bootstrap app
    4. Go into root explorer to system/bin
    5. In top right corner tap r/w
    6. Delete the file called hijack
    7. Delete logwrapper
    8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper
    9. Reboot and it should be gone.
  5. Junior Droid
    sjwoodard's Avatar
    Member #
    153921
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by silver6054 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalchaos View Post
    I have fission on my phone it works just fine, but every time I boot my phone up it goes to the clockworks recovery screen and I have to reboot. How do I stop this?
    This worked for me

    1. Root
    2. Get root explorer in the market
    3. Uninstall the bootstrap app
    4. Go into root explorer to system/bin
    5. In top right corner tap r/w
    6. Delete the file called hijack
    7. Delete logwrapper
    8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper
    9. Reboot and it should be gone.
    Thank you!
  6. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #5
    I may be wrong as I don't have a D2G, but I think it's set up that way as a safety issue. When a rooted, well any phone, experiences a difficulty such as boot looping, freezing, etc. the first step is to pull the battery and reboot into recovery. We you guys have to go through some steps to get back into Clockwork recovery so they set it up so the phone initially boots into Clockwork every time. It is designed so that way and all you need to do is select reboot in clockwork and the phone will go to the normal boot procedure.

    I hope I didn't get that wrong, but you surely should check this out before you disable it.

    Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  7. Junior Droid
    sjwoodard's Avatar
    Member #
    153921
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    #6
    Good point. I am not changing any settings these days and if I do get back into changing something I'll be sure and re-enable bootstrap loader.

    I also want to say that I changed the method used above to this:

    1. Root
    2. Get root explorer in the market
    3. Uninstall the bootstrap app
    4. Go into root explorer to system/bin
    5. In top right corner tap r/w
    6. Rename the file called hijack to hijack.clockwork-bak
    7. Rename logwrapper to logwrapper.clockwork-bak
    8. Rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper
    9. Reboot and it should be gone
  8. Master Droid
    TwoBuells's Avatar
    Member #
    79291
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    304
    Phone
    Droid & Droid RAZR
    #7
    The first time I installed Fission ROM, I had my phone on for a while, changing things, downloading apps, etc. then I shut the phone off to change the battery. When I turned it on the phone booted into Clockwork Recovery. That was the only time that had happened. I have tried every theme in FRM, and tried a few other zip files with Clockwork Recovery and still never rebooted into Clockwork Recovery on the next time I turned on the phone.

    Personally I would not want to uninstall the Bootstrapper app.

    (I do understand the the SBF is out and can be used if you get into a problem installing a ROM/theme)[but without Bootstrapper, you would have to start from scratch]

    Maybe you guys have a corrupt copy of the Bootstrapper app
  9. Junior Droid
    sjwoodard's Avatar
    Member #
    153921
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBuells View Post
    The first time I installed Fission ROM, I had my phone on for a while, changing things, downloading apps, etc. then I shut the phone off to change the battery. When I turned it on the phone booted into Clockwork Recovery. That was the only time that had happened. I have tried every theme in FRM, and tried a few other zip files with Clockwork Recovery and still never rebooted into Clockwork Recovery on the next time I turned on the phone.

    Personally I would not want to uninstall the Bootstrapper app.

    (I do understand the the SBF is out and can be used if you get into a problem installing a ROM/theme)[but without Bootstrapper, you would have to start from scratch]

    Maybe you guys have a corrupt copy of the Bootstrapper app
    Somebody else on this forum recommended just going into the Bootstrap program and hitting 'Bootstrap Recovery' but for me that never worked. I got the clockwork screen every time until I renamed logwrapper and hijack.
  10. Master Droid
    TwoBuells's Avatar
    Member #
    79291
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    304
    Phone
    Droid & Droid RAZR
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwoodard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBuells View Post
    The first time I installed Fission ROM, I had my phone on for a while, changing things, downloading apps, etc. then I shut the phone off to change the battery. When I turned it on the phone booted into Clockwork Recovery. That was the only time that had happened. I have tried every theme in FRM, and tried a few other zip files with Clockwork Recovery and still never rebooted into Clockwork Recovery on the next time I turned on the phone.

    Personally I would not want to uninstall the Bootstrapper app.

    (I do understand the the SBF is out and can be used if you get into a problem installing a ROM/theme)[but without Bootstrapper, you would have to start from scratch]

    Maybe you guys have a corrupt copy of the Bootstrapper app
    Somebody else on this forum recommended just going into the Bootstrap program and hitting 'Bootstrap Recovery' but for me that never worked. I got the clockwork screen every time until I renamed logwrapper and hijack.
    this is the point we need an expert to jump in. renaming the two files you listed above is just a bandaid. you need the real fix. You will need a good running Bootstrap Recovery to flash more roms/themes at a later date....
  11. Junior Droid
    sjwoodard's Avatar
    Member #
    153921
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBuells View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwoodard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBuells View Post
    The first time I installed Fission ROM, I had my phone on for a while, changing things, downloading apps, etc. then I shut the phone off to change the battery. When I turned it on the phone booted into Clockwork Recovery. That was the only time that had happened. I have tried every theme in FRM, and tried a few other zip files with Clockwork Recovery and still never rebooted into Clockwork Recovery on the next time I turned on the phone.

    Personally I would not want to uninstall the Bootstrapper app.

    (I do understand the the SBF is out and can be used if you get into a problem installing a ROM/theme)[but without Bootstrapper, you would have to start from scratch]

    Maybe you guys have a corrupt copy of the Bootstrapper app
    Somebody else on this forum recommended just going into the Bootstrap program and hitting 'Bootstrap Recovery' but for me that never worked. I got the clockwork screen every time until I renamed logwrapper and hijack.
    this is the point we need an expert to jump in. renaming the two files you listed above is just a bandaid. you need the real fix. You will need a good running Bootstrap Recovery to flash more roms/themes at a later date....
    I've got Fission 2.4.3 running with no problem. And I haven't tried re-installing bootstrap loader because everything else works fine and it's only a small annoyance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Cannot update to OTA .34 Boots to clockwork?
    By ZombieSixShot in forum Droid X Roms
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 09:47 PM
  2. 2.2 update boots into clockworkmod recovery
    By nin478 in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 10:52 AM
  3. always boots to recovery?
    By papp_e in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 06:04 PM
  4. Birdman boots alternate recovery on DroidX!
    By Shadez in forum Droid X Roms
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 10:09 AM
  5. my clockwork recovery gets replaced by stock recovery?
    By joeybarclay in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 06:23 PM

Search tags for this page

always boot to clockwork
,
booting into clockwork recovery droid 2
,
droid 2 boots into clockwork everytime
,

droid 2 boots into clockwork recovery

,

droid 2 reboots into clockwork recovery

,
droid boots in to clockwork every time
,
droid boots into clockwork every time
,
nook boots to clockwork everytime
,
phone boots to recovery
,
why does my phone boots into recovery every time i restart
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+