DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Program Menu Password

  1. Junior Droid
    MaGiStR's Avatar
    Member #
    136890
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #1

    Program Menu Password

    Hi,

    I tried to access ##PROGRAM menu with 000000 code but it say it says the the passcode is invalid. The phone is rooted. Can anybody verify on their phone.

    Thanks
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    CellZealot's Avatar
    Member #
    47431
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    220
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    D1, D2 dev, DX dev, D2WE dev
    #2
    The SPC on all VZW phones is always 000000 unless changed by the user.

    It has to be to accept the OTA service programming when doing *228.

    I just tested it on my rooted D2G for argument's sake and it works fine.

    If it has been changed on your phone and you don't know what it is then you will have to read the NVM with RadioComm to get the code and then reset it to 000000.

    Flashing an SBF would also reset the SPC to 000000 but it hasn't been released publicly yet so RadioComm is your only option at present.

    You will need a recent version 11.11.7 or later to have support for the MDM6600 chipset that can read the D2G.

    I don't think I am allowed to post any further links or info on this forum, unfortunately.
    CellZealot

    TeamBlackHat

    Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond
  4. Junior Droid
    MaGiStR's Avatar
    Member #
    136890
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #3
    The phone has been recently factory reset and did not go through activation because I am roaming in europe. I was having problems with 3G connectvity so I reset the phone. I can only get EVDO or GPRS DATA. The reset did not fix the problem. I want to program the number back into it through the PROGRAM MENU.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  5. Junior Droid
    MaGiStR's Avatar
    Member #
    136890
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CellZealot View Post
    The SPC on all VZW phones is always 000000 unless changed by the user.

    It has to be to accept the OTA service programming when doing *228.

    I just tested it on my rooted D2G for argument's sake and it works fine.

    If it has been changed on your phone and you don't know what it is then you will have to read the NVM with RadioComm to get the code and then reset it to 000000.

    Flashing an SBF would also reset the SPC to 000000 but it hasn't been released publicly yet so RadioComm is your only option at present.

    You will need a recent version 11.11.7 or later to have support for the MDM6600 chipset that can read the D2G.

    I don't think I am allowed to post any further links or info on this forum, unfortunately.
    I downloaded and installed RadioComm 11.11.7. Do you have a tutorial on how to work it? PM me.

    Thanks
  6. Senior Droid
    CellZealot's Avatar
    Member #
    47431
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    220
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    D1, D2 dev, DX dev, D2WE dev
    #5
    I am at work but may have anther solution. Try using AnyCut from the market to set a shortcut to Programming menu from activities. Then open the programming menu and select user activation. It should let you into that menu without the SPC. If not I can help you later tonight with radiocomm.
    CellZealot

    TeamBlackHat

    Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond
  7. Master Droid
    leobg's Avatar
    Member #
    75942
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    658
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid2 Global/XT860 4G(D3)
    #6
    the SPC code '000000' works only if you are in CDMA mode. In GSM/UMTS mode code is not 000000. I can confirm that.
  8. Junior Droid
    MaGiStR's Avatar
    Member #
    136890
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CellZealot View Post
    I am at work but may have anther solution. Try using AnyCut from the market to set a shortcut to Programming menu from activities. Then open the programming menu and select user activation. It should let you into that menu without the SPC. If not I can help you later tonight with radiocomm.
    Your solution worked.

    Thanks
  9. Junior Droid
    MaGiStR's Avatar
    Member #
    136890
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by leobg View Post
    the SPC code '000000' works only if you are in CDMA mode. In GSM/UMTS mode code is not 000000. I can confirm that.
    Great observation. It is still accessible via method above without a password in GSM/UMTS mode.

    Thanks

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Confirmation on working ##program menu
    By Bear in NM in forum Koush
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
  2. Droid Hidden Program Menu
    By alienware777 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 11:09 AM
  3. ##Program menu..
    By Ataranine in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 02:11 PM
  4. How to get into program menu?
    By bodean in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 01:02 PM
  5. ##program menu?
    By jonnyr484 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 01:52 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 2 global spc password
,
droid 2 spc password
,
droid 3 spc code
,

droid 3 spc password

,

motorola spc password

,
spc code for a verizon motorola
,
spc code motorola droid
,

spc password

,

spc password droid 3

,

spc password droid razr

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+