DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Has anyone able to disable Haptic feedback?

  1. Junior Droid
    Santa's Avatar
    Member #
    145360
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #1

    Question Has anyone able to disable Haptic feedback?

    i have tried the setting and it still gives me the haptic feedback.. is there any other conflicting setting making this not go away?

    Also any one know how we can control the sensitiveness of screen touch..?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    Angry Bill's Avatar
    Member #
    144749
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    D2G on VZW
    #2
    If youre talking about the haptic feedback from the four side menu buttons, and when you hold click on an icon to move it... no. I too have turned the feedback off to no avail. I'm pretty sure that haptic feedback checkbox only disables a portion of the feedbacks. I'd be happy to disable them all as the vibration only eats battery power IMO. I don't need any feel feedback.
  4. Junior Droid
    Santa's Avatar
    Member #
    145360
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bill View Post
    If youre talking about the haptic feedback from the four side menu buttons, and when you hold click on an icon to move it... no. I too have turned the feedback off to no avail. I'm pretty sure that haptic feedback checkbox only disables a portion of the feedbacks. I'd be happy to disable them all as the vibration only eats battery power IMO. I don't need any feel feedback.
    Exactly I want to see if it improves battery life.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  5. dankarlinski
    Guest
    dankarlinski's Avatar
    #4
    i am not entirely sure, but i believe hearing that the haptic was somehow linked to the lockscreen.


    there are some lockscreens for D2 that can reduce it, but not remove it. hoewver, it doesnt consume enough battery to notice a difference
  6. Junior Droid
    mguel's Avatar
    Member #
    56762
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone Telus
    #5
    I hate haptic feedback... since using Milestone (1) I wanted to remove the haptic for the unclock screen... and now on Droid 2 I also have it on the buttons!
  7. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #6
    Folks, there is no software setting, but I have come up with a "fix" that works 100% and is completely reversible.

    Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-button-2.html.
  8. Droid Ninja
    zero7404's Avatar
    Member #
    22848
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,123
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Folks, there is no software setting, but I have come up with a "fix" that works 100% and is completely reversible.

    Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-button-2.html.
    dont think many would be willing to disassemble their phones to eliminate haptic feedback for certain ui functions ....

    nice writeup, but despite not really wanting haptic feedback ill opt to live with it. ive taken apart similar phones and some parts of them are simply adhesived into place. unlike a screw, reinstalling something that was glued on isnt going to be exactly as it was before it was peeled. theres also some ribbon cables in there that need to go back on properly ....

    ive done both laptops and smartphones, they require special tools and patience and skill

    posted via android
    GS4
  9. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Folks, there is no software setting, but I have come up with a "fix" that works 100% and is completely reversible.

    Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-button-2.html.
    dont think many would be willing to disassemble their phones to eliminate haptic feedback for certain ui functions ....

    nice writeup, but despite not really wanting haptic feedback ill opt to live with it. ive taken apart similar phones and some parts of them are simply adhesived into place. unlike a screw, reinstalling something that was glued on isnt going to be exactly as it was before it was peeled. theres also some ribbon cables in there that need to go back on properly ....

    ive done both laptops and smartphones, they require special tools and patience and skill

    posted via android
    That's just the point...there is no disassembly required. The motor and impeller are immediately visible and accessible from the battery compartment. No tools required, no damage, no removal of anything other than the battery cover and battery.
  10. Droid Ninja
    zero7404's Avatar
    Member #
    22848
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,123
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #9
    sorry ... read the first few paragraphs and concluded disassembly ....

    this will prevent all vibration, but the op just wants to stop haptic feedback for interactions other than ringing ....


    posted via android
    GS4
  11. Senior Droid
    foxky's Avatar
    Member #
    133053
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    140
    Phone
    Droid X
    #10
    you cant turn it all the way off as far as I know, but it doesn't consume enough battery to make a difference whether you turn it on or off.

    tapped on my LibX 1.5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Haptic feedback
    By jetdoc in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 05:16 PM
  2. Haptic Feedback
    By hix26 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 05:54 AM
  3. Haptic Feedback
    By emeraldage in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 07:43 PM
  4. No more haptic feedback?
    By sessica in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 12:37 PM
  5. Haptic Feedback Fix!!
    By ResMJM in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 09:41 AM

Search tags for this page

disable lock haptic feedback
,
droid 2 global disable vibrate
,
droid 2 global turn off vibrate
,
droid 3 disable tactile feedback
,

droid razr m turn off haptic feedback

,
how to stop milestone 2 vibrate
,
remove haptic feedback droid 4
,

remove haptic feedback droid x

,
turn off all vibration droid2 global
,
turn off haptic on android razor
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+