At the risk of another drawn out battery thread, there seems to be a lot of conflicting assessments of D2G battery life.
I, and I'm sure many others, am on the fence to pull the trigger on a D2G or wait 6+ months for hardware/software to mature such that battery life hopefully improves so questions like this are not required.
Bases on the light to moderate usage summarized below, which seems reasonable for someone in an office workforce environment, will I get a good 10-12 hour day out of a D2 Global?**
1) Touchdown for push exchange (200+ emails received, 5-10 sent)
2) Stock (possible 3rd party app) for gmail*
3) Limited gtalk/SMS (e.g. 5-10 messages sent)
4) NewsRob for RSS (assume no background synch or cache)
5) No facebook, twitter, or other social media drains (one of the remaining 100 refusing to join this bandwagon)
6) Roughly 1.5 hours of combined usage throughout the day (reading/responding to email, limited browsing, occasionally checking rss feeds to/from parking lot, read a few pages of a kindle book, etc).
7) Stock firmware. *Assume no interest in rooting.
8) Possible run LauncherPro over stock Moto UI
9) Limited calls (less then 20 minutes talking)
10) No other widgets checking stock quotes or the weather conditions every 5 minutes
11) For the sake of argument, assume it's locked in CDMA mode only
12) Assume no WiFi or BT
All bets off for any heavy usage and*I have no issue charging my phone every night. *I'll bring along a charger or spare battery for heavy usage day.
For the record (not looking to open a BB debate) my waiting to be replaced by the right Verizon Android world phone Storm adequately makes it through the day described above with spare juice to go.
Thanks for any feedback.