DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid 2 Global ROOT, CUSTOM RECOVERY & SIM UNLOCK Tutorial

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by cg735 View Post
    how do i remove all the bloatware now? blockbuster, amazon, etc.
    I use LauncherPro to hide the bloatware apps. While this doesn't technically remove them, the LauncherPro homescreen runs MUCH faster than the BLUR homescreen, and you won't see the unwanted bloatware in your app drawer.

If you want to actually disable them, this thread shows how to do it for the Droid X. I'm not sure if "The Free Way" requires different adb commands for the D2G but "The Easy Way" should work fine.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

thanks

i grabbed Ti, the free version and gave the kibosh to blockbuster, amazon, etc.
    1000 thanks...
    gotta say, as a BB user for like 2 years, two days of droid and im a convert ... and what a great support community.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    So has anyone confirmed that d2 global unlocked sim works on att first hand?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by nebneb333 View Post
    Nope. A few have tried with no success. According to craigg VZW is aware of it and it has been escalated above level 2 support. Hopefully there should be a fix very soon.

In the meantime I would call VZW and let them know you're having the same problem.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Thanks! I will get the d2 global as soon as someone figures out how to get it working on at&t
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    FYI...

Verizon global support will only unlock 1 device per 10 months per line. I unlocked an Imagio in May, so they won't unlock my droid 2 global . I guess I'll wait for 3rd party solutions.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by IslesFan View Post
    FYI...

Verizon global support will only unlock 1 device per 10 months per line. I unlocked an Imagio in May, so they won't unlock my droid 2 global . I guess I'll wait for 3rd party solutions.
    That's good to know...I had a samsung i770 unlocked but that was over a year ago so I should be good. THanks for the info though.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    FYI...

Try a different rep. Technically that's a rule but it's not set in stone. Eventually you will get one to hook you up, trust me.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by SGMD1 View Post
    FYI...

Try a different rep. Technically that's a rule but it's not set in stone. Eventually you will get one to hook you up, trust me.

I'll try in a few weeks. I've had two reps already, One who was a complete douche, and one who was very nice, but he couldn't(or wouldn't) budge on policy... told me to activate the phone on another line for 5 minutes LOL.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Thanks! I will get the d2 global as soon as someone figures out how to get it working on at&t
    Bad news. I just came across this in the D2G User Guide on the Motorola website:

"DROID2 Global by Motorola switches effortlessly between CDMA, GSM 900, GSM 1800, and UMTS 2100 networks, so you can make calls in over
    200 countries worldwide."

The Motorola and VZW sites also say however that the device is compatible with "WCDMA 850/1900/2100, CDMA 800/1900, GSM 850/900/1800/1900" networks.

So Verizon has somehow restricted the 850/1900 MHz GSM and UMTS bands (EDIT: in the USA only), which is why we haven't been able to use the AT&T and T-Mobile networks

I've never heard of this before - hopefully it's just a software lock. Any developers got any ideas on a workaround?
    Last edited by r314bd; 11-17-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links