DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to hack phone for louder ringer volume

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

Need to hack phone for louder ringer volume

Can anybody give a novice some easy to follow advice on how I can hack my Droid 2 Global running 2.3.3 so I can increase the ringer volume. I'm a bit hard of hearing so I need more volume. I just loaded an old Bell phone ringer ringtone and it would be great if I could hear it.

Ray

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTechGeek View Post
    Can anybody give a novice some easy to follow advice on how I can hack my Droid 2 Global running 2.3.3 so I can increase the ringer volume. I'm a bit hard of hearing so I need more volume. I just loaded an old Bell phone ringer ringtone and it would be great if I could hear it.

Ray
    Is your phone rooted?

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    I'm sorry. As I said, I'm a novice at this hacking stuff. What does "rooted" mean? Please explain in simple terms.

Ray
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    Try and app first called volume+
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Oh I apologize. Well, an android phone is sort of like a computer. They have files, such as the operating system and other system files. The SD card on your phone is comparable to the hard drive on your computer, where all user data is saved. Being rooted gives you access to all the system data and directories on your phone. This pretty much gives you free reign to whatever you want to do in your phone. This includes raising the maximum volume on your phone, turning the brightness below the minimum value, and make the phone faster by changing the system or "flash" a custom rom. And Volume+ is only for root users.

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I used a low-tech fix for my Droid X - I imported the mp3s I wanted to use for notifications/ringtones into Audacity, and increased the volume on them all until right before they clipped (or if it only clipped in one part, I increased everything after compressing just that one part). It worked pretty good on my X, and then when I swapped to the D2G I sometimes about jump out of my skin when I get an SMS. That's without anything like Volume+ etc too.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheffy007 View Post
    Oh I apologize. Well, an android phone is sort of like a computer. They have files, such as the operating system and other system files. The SD card on your phone is comparable to the hard drive on your computer, where all user data is saved. Being rooted gives you access to all the system data and directories on your phone. This pretty much gives you free reign to whatever you want to do in your phone. This includes raising the maximum volume on your phone, turning the brightness below the minimum value, and make the phone faster by changing the system or "flash" a custom rom. And Volume+ is only for root users.

Ok, I'm getting smarter. So how do I know if my phone is "rooted" and if it is what do I do from there? How do I access this "root" and make the appropriate changes to my system. I installed a couple of apps, Volume+ and Volume Controller + but the ringtone volume is still the same. In a crowded noisy room, I can't here it ring. I am using a ring tone that sounds like an old fashioned Bell telephone.

Ray
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTechGeek View Post
    Ok, I'm getting smarter. So how do I know if my phone is "rooted" and if it is what do I do from there? How do I access this "root" and make the appropriate changes to my system. I installed a couple of apps, Volume+ and Volume Controller + but the ringtone volume is still the same. In a crowded noisy room, I can't here it ring. I am using a ring tone that sounds like an old fashioned Bell telephone.

Ray
    If you don't know if you're rooted, you're not rooted. Volume+ will do what you want, but only if you're rooted, which you aren't. When I get home in a few minutes, I'll find a guide to root your phone. Once it is rooted, you will need to open Volume+ and when a prompt pops up that says that Volume+ would like to access superuser permissions, click "Allow". Then proceed to raise the volume in the app.

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Thanks so much for your patience and help. I will be awaiting your next post.

Ray
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    http://www.psouza4.com/Droid3/

All the instructions are on there. Its a very good software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links