means sbf was incompatible, once phone was on 2.3.4/4.5.629, you can only use 2.3.4/4.5.629Quote:
use ezSBF & Root 2.3.4/ 4.5.629
The program finished successfully and after that when I start the phone, It comes to home screen and hangs. I can not do any thing
And the phone gets very hot and I could shut it down only by removing the battery.
I installed twice using the first two links in the original post.
did you wipe data in android recovery
You will end up in Android Recovery menu:
- Power down the phone.
- Slide out the keyboard.
- Press and hold the X button on the physical keyboard.
- Press the lock/power button.
- Once you see a warning sign with an android robot appear, press the Search button on your physical keyboard if you're running 2.4.x firmware. For 4.5.x firmware, press Volume Up and Down buttons.
Android system recovery
Use volume keys to scroll; power button to select
reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
yes, you need to
Band unlock Droid 2 Global
file links here https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Goawxdx_UBF4Y8lqzHYWf8Ha3yUcRK4faq0UWIlXLW A#id.j79o2o58ifcb
don't use 4.5.629 unless it's on phone already,
VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_01.sbf.zip (254.1 MB) md5: B6730ECC9B4A7790C079DD1F80160649
- use ezSBF 2.3.4/ 4.5.608 or if 629 is on phone already use ezSBF & Root 2.3.4/ 4.5.629
- root your phone use pete's Toot tools see directions
I am not able to do this, I am stuck at pete's Toot tools. That tool is not able to find the phone.
did you follow
1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed -
2. Download and unzip pete's root tools
3. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
4. Plug phone into computer and select "Charge Only" mode
5. Navigate to 'petes root 1.07' folder and run 'Pete's Motorola Root Tools.exe'
6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.
if program can't find phone, try toggling USB debugging off/on