DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Update install keeps failing after unrooting?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

Update install keeps failing after unrooting?

I had my phone rooted with the z4 app mainly to use titanium back up and ad block and when the gingerbread update went live today I unrooted with the z4 app to I could update. After I unrooted and rebooted my phone I got the update. I was able to download it just fine but 3 times tried to install it and every time the install failed. Any idea why? I never flashed anything on the phone and z4 say that it isn't rooted. Any help would be much appreciated.

Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid3
    Having the same problem.. not sure what is going on..
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I am also a little confused on the proper method. Mine is also Rooted and has Titanium Backup.

I saw the original post of how to unroot and upgrade but I have other questions, being that the posting was on the release date.

If I could see a recap, it would be great.

I have a rooted (Z4Root) and also have Bootstrapper and Titanium Backup. As I understand it, you need to first unroot and then "Unfreeze" any apps that were frozen by Titanium Backup. Then you should be able to do the OTA update and once finished, Root it again?

Or must you do the downloaded upgrade (2 files downloaded), unrooting and then Bootstrap backup, wipe clean and then upgrade.

In either case, what happens to your Titanium Backup? Must it be installed again?

I am starting a separate topic to see if I can get answers to those questions.

DR
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Have to unfreeze apps then unroot

Worked for me.

Sent with D2G GB rooted w/ GO Launcher & extended battery.
    D2G and D4. Digitizer bit the dust on the D2G and I needed to get up fast so upgraded to the D4.

D4, Love it.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by 451fm4@gmail.com View Post
    Have to unfreeze apps then unroot

Worked for me.

Sent with D2G GB rooted w/ GO Launcher & extended battery.
    Well, I think the real criterion is "return to stock state", so if all you did with root was to freeze apps, then unfreezing and unrooting should be enough. If you did other things, such as install bootstrap recovery, then the update might well fail. If you cannot undo what was done, the only solution is to SBF back to stock. If updates keep failing, I would do this anyway, because some app you ran with root permissions might have done stuff you don't know about anyway!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid 2 Global
    my friends. Please I need your help.
    My Droid 2 am trying to restore global settings made ​​using RSD lite

The problem is that any way I want my computer to recognize the phone.

I istalado drivers, so I entered boot in many ways. not that way that my cell phone to be recognized by the computer and make flash rsd lite.

I formatted my sd card. I think that should not have done ....

Please help.

I just want to help me for my phone is recognized by the computer.

the problem originated because I still root for everything there wipe the screen only turns on and stays on m
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G Rooted & ROM'ed w/ Fission
    Quote Originally Posted by danielitoleito View Post
    my friends. Please I need your help.
    My Droid 2 am trying to restore global settings made ​​using RSD lite

The problem is that any way I want my computer to recognize the phone.

I istalado drivers, so I entered boot in many ways. not that way that my cell phone to be recognized by the computer and make flash rsd lite.

I formatted my sd card. I think that should not have done ....

Please help.

I just want to help me for my phone is recognized by the computer.

the problem originated because I still root for everything there wipe the screen only turns on and stays on m

You must put the SBF file in a folder somewhere on your computer and unzip it (or however it opens, I have forgotten.) Then you must take the file that says .sbf in it and place it on the root of your C:/ drive. Then you tell RSD where you have put it, on the C:/ drive. Then you will see a lot of written stuff in the upper right window of RSD, telling you info about sbf. Put your phone into bootloader first, then connect to your computer. You should see something written on line #1. When you click on that line, you should get some more info in the upper left window about your phone. When you get all of this, you are ready to hit the START button! (I think I remember this correctly) when the phone gets to the M you unplug it and do a battery pull. Reinstall the battery, reboot the phone, and it should be stock.
    D2G
    Rooted & ROM'ed
    CyanogenMod 7
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Angellic Droid 2 Global
    Then after battery pull, wipe data/clear cache. Causes bootloops if you don't.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid 2 Global

help me please

Quote Originally Posted by biknut1 View Post
    You must put the SBF file in a folder somewhere on your computer and unzip it (or however it opens, I have forgotten.) Then you must take the file that says .sbf in it and place it on the root of your C:/ drive. Then you tell RSD where you have put it, on the C:/ drive. Then you will see a lot of written stuff in the upper right window of RSD, telling you info about sbf. Put your phone into bootloader first, then connect to your computer. You should see something written on line #1. When you click on that line, you should get some more info in the upper left window about your phone. When you get all of this, you are ready to hit the START button! (I think I remember this correctly) when the phone gets to the M you unplug it and do a battery pull. Reinstall the battery, reboot the phone, and it should be stock.
    I have done that right, the problem is that when you put it to boot and connect the computer does not recognize me on the phone sends for the driver says it's just a usb unknown.

do not know if I deleted some internal driver that makes the phone visible when connected via USB and I've tried on 2 computers and both say unknown usb, if recognized and the driver asked me would be easier.

do not know how to connect the phone to the computer that will recognize me or ask me to install driver.

Please help me
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

Ditto

I'm having this exact same problem.
    Oy.
    I'm starting to think that the available .sbf files available for download are broken.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links