DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: SBF unable unroot D2G

  1. sixstringedmatt's Avatar
    Member #
    154287
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    76
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #1

    SBF unable unroot D2G

    Hey all, I am trying to unroot and wipe an old D2G that is having a hardware issue. It is currently UNactivated and when I plug it in and SBF the thing, it goes through its process and then boots up as if I didn't even try to SBF it - RSD does not mention any issues/errors during the process. Any ideas here? Does it have to be activated? I need to wipe this thing ASAP.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Swoggler's Avatar
    Member #
    112508
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid 2 Global,GTab
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstringedmatt View Post
    Hey all, I am trying to unroot and wipe an old D2G that is having a hardware issue. It is currently UNactivated and when I plug it in and SBF the thing, it goes through its process and then boots up as if I didn't even try to SBF it - RSD does not mention any issues/errors during the process. Any ideas here? Does it have to be activated? I need to wipe this thing ASAP.
    Use Linux! It is a much better way then RSD Lite. Just Google SBF with Linux and there are about three sets of good instructions. I never SBF with RSD now.
  3. Master Droid
    Byakushiki's Avatar
    Member #
    199231
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Usea
    Posts
    864
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus 32GB
    #3
    Linux is not always the solution(surprising? I know it's powerful). You have to do a data wipe right after sbf if you want it truly clean. SBF always unroots.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Swoggler's Avatar
    Member #
    112508
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid 2 Global,GTab
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakushiki View Post
    Linux is not always the solution(surprising? I know it's powerful). You have to do a data wipe right after sbf if you want it truly clean. SBF always unroots.
    Everytime I SBF I use Linux and I am back to factory settings.
  5. Droid
    bfederspill's Avatar
    Member #
    123075
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Roy, Utah
    Posts
    65
    Phone
    D2G "rooted"
    #5
    Don't SBF, Linux is ALOT easier.....

    Sent from my "rooted" Droid 2 Global.
  6. blumpkinblake's Avatar
    Member #
    10151
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spanaway, WA
    Posts
    89
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    Did you run as administrator and do a factory reset?
  7. Droid
    oldblackcrow's Avatar
    Member #
    67784
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    D2G Gingerbread
    #7
    I'm in a pickle... My rooted D2G had dead pixles... it's still under warranty, so I called the warranty place. I forgot to unroot before she made me wipe my system. Arrrg! Now it's still rooted, but I don't have the Market or file manager or anything useful on there and when I download manually, it keeps force closing. When I go to the Market on the web, I can't install my programs (like file manager)... I'm getting my new one tomorrow and I have to send this one back. Can anyone point me to detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to unroot this pos?

    Thanks so much for all your help!
  8. Droid Sensei
    droid2drummer's Avatar
    Member #
    188401
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ga...
    Posts
    2,591
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblackcrow View Post
    I'm in a pickle... My rooted D2G had dead pixles... it's still under warranty, so I called the warranty place. I forgot to unroot before she made me wipe my system. Arrrg! Now it's still rooted, but I don't have the Market or file manager or anything useful on there and when I download manually, it keeps force closing. When I go to the Market on the web, I can't install my programs (like file manager)... I'm getting my new one tomorrow and I have to send this one back. Can anyone point me to detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to unroot this pos?

    Thanks so much for all your help!
    Ok..first..
    Go to your computer...
    Download rsdlite 4.9 or earlier..
    Download..sbf file from droid life website.(make sure its d2global full sbf..)
    Open up your rsdlite and then minamize it to tool bar
    Find your sbf file, and move it to your desktop, unzip it..
    Open back up rsdlite..then push the three little dots on the rsdlite menu at the center top..looks like. ... ok now when it opens put the sbf file in the folder so it will be found..

    Now..make sure your phone is charged completely..
    Turn phone off
    Hold power and up until you see a black screen..plug into usb on computer
    Now look on rsdlite ,you should see the phone model wrote on the top line..if not make sure you have the drivers installed..should've said that earlier..lol
    Now you should see your phone model on the right hand box. Bunch of writing..
    Hit the start button and kick back and watch..
    It will run for a bit
    Don't unplug until it tells you
    Do not touch anything while its running
    After its done unplug and if your phone starts bootlooping, don't freak out..if more than 4 minutes of bootlooping, and the program says done anyway on computer, unplug, and pull battery and wipe data factory reset..and reboot to your new shiny phone..stock as it gets..
    If you get confused..youtube has walkthroughs with downloads...peace and hope I helped:-)

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    oldblackcrow's Avatar
    Member #
    67784
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    D2G Gingerbread
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by droid2drummer View Post
    Ok..first..
    Go to your computer...
    Download rsdlite 4.9 or earlier..
    Download..sbf file from droid life website.(make sure its d2global full sbf..)
    Open up your rsdlite and then minamize it to tool bar
    Find your sbf file, and move it to your desktop, unzip it..
    Open back up rsdlite..then push the three little dots on the rsdlite menu at the center top..looks like. ... ok now when it opens put the sbf file in the folder so it will be found..

    Now..make sure your phone is charged completely..
    Turn phone off
    Hold power and up until you see a black screen..plug into usb on computer
    Now look on rsdlite ,you should see the phone model wrote on the top line..if not make sure you have the drivers installed..should've said that earlier..lol
    Now you should see your phone model on the right hand box. Bunch of writing..
    Hit the start button and kick back and watch..
    It will run for a bit
    Don't unplug until it tells you
    Do not touch anything while its running
    After its done unplug and if your phone starts bootlooping, don't freak out..if more than 4 minutes of bootlooping, and the program says done anyway on computer, unplug, and pull battery and wipe data factory reset..and reboot to your new shiny phone..stock as it gets..
    If you get confused..youtube has walkthroughs with downloads...peace and hope I helped:-)

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
    Thanks a billion for this info!!! However, I've got this error and I don't know what to do! SBF unable unroot D2G-sbf-error.jpg I went ahead and unplugged and it's coming up with the boot loader (thank goodness)! What next? Try again? Arrrg! :-)
    Last edited by oldblackcrow; 08-30-2011 at 05:31 PM.
  10. Droid
    oldblackcrow's Avatar
    Member #
    67784
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    D2G Gingerbread
    #10
    Tried again... got this error message... am I getting better or worse? LOL SBF unable unroot D2G-sbf-error1.jpg
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Root Unroot Root UnRoot ARRRGGHH!!
    By awsolot in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 10:31 PM
  2. Unable to download .7
    By Gerane in forum Liberty ROM DX
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 07:33 AM
  3. Unable to SBF
    By Red_Baran in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 06:04 AM
  4. Unable to Unroot!!! HELP!
    By crod92 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 03:12 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 11:31 AM

Search tags for this page

can i hard boot d2g if its rooted
,
droid 2 factory sbf
,
droid 2 global sbf zip corrupt
,
droid 2 global unroot
,
droid2/unroot/droid 2 global full sbf.zip
,
how to unroot droid 2 global
,
how to unroot droid 2 global gingerbread
,
revolutionary unroot
,
un root before factory reset?
,
unroot d2g
,

unroot droid 2 global

,
unroot update d2g
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+