DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smartass and interactive governors on D2G

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    He probably meant module, not kernel
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I apologize. It's menu>settings>module....not kernel. Should say use latest module.

Sent from a D2G Dark Angel
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    4x4, I can be a smartass, I know,..and if irony were made of strawberries, we would all be having fruit smoothies for a month... and again, I really AM sorry about that(text doesn't show emotion as well as being in a face to face conversation), but, regardless, I got over zealous w my defense...I gota have a big brick wall to defend myself and make my superiority known when im dealing w the snot-nosed-kids that work for me...I shouldn't bring that persona here, again, sorry, now to the fun-phone-stuff.(i always use my phone and i hate scrolling back up...marijuana makes things slip my mind so ima try to recall best i can)...droid overclock wasnt what i did the custom txt file w frequencies, it was setcpu, it has an option to load a custom list...in a thread i read the guy suggested using setcpu and milestone in tandem with each other, by loading the custom frequency list onto setcpu and then loading milestone and sliding it over to custom, all I did on the txt file was add one more frequency being 1.4(not literallyy 1.4, it was 1400000), saved it to root of sd card and it loaded fine...when I say it 'jacked my phone up' I use that loosely, and basicly meant that it simply slowed down my phone and made it start sweating like a hooker in church(figuratively speaking)...after which, I tried using each app han-solo style, and it left me with the same results, sluggishness and a tendency of random overheating, even when not in use... ...I also used quickclock, but, I never got far with this app, it always threw me an error message saying it can't unload the current module(the one that comes stock on the global), and after trying a few times I just threw in the towel on that one... ..if anything, I would want droid overclock on my phone as my oc app, just because it was solid on my d2 and I fell in love w it...but, then I got this global...god I hate this phone... ..I think that covers it, but..I,again, could be wrong
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Your problem is 1.4....not all phones hit the perfect mark. Set 1.35 max and it will usually work fine. Sweet spot for most droid 2/x and ms2...higher puts the cpu in protect mode...

Sent from a D2G Dark Angel
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Check this guy out. Post 29

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liq...ml#post1517544

Legit? I asked how but no reply yet.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Angellic Droid 2 Global
    I selected use most current module and am on interactive governor ocd to 1.35mhz. Its seems to be working great. Super responsive and no lag, some of the problems I encountered before with droid 2 overclock. And it shows 1.35 in the 5th slot. Two profiles, screen on and off. Battery hasn't got above 26 degrees C. I will see how it acts today while at work, as far as overheating and batt life change.

my ANGEL blacked out at 1.35 Ghz
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    Hottie, I always heard quadrant scores are useless, why, I am not sure, havnt read up on it in detail, but several people have said this to me...maybe someone can shed some light?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    It's not useless but just a benchmark.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisl20 View Post
    marijuana makes things slip my mind so ima try to recall best i can)...droid overclock wasnt what i did the custom txt file w frequencies, it was setcpu, it has an option to load a custom list...in a thread i read the guy suggested using setcpu and milestone in tandem with each other, by loading the custom frequency list onto setcpu and then loading milestone and sliding it over to custom, all I did on the txt file was add one more frequency being 1.4(not literallyy 1.4, it was 1400000), saved it to root of sd card and it loaded fine...when I say it 'jacked my phone up' I use that loosely, and basicly meant that it simply slowed down my phone and made it start sweating like a hooker in church(figuratively speaking)...after which, I tried using each app han-solo style, and it left me with the same results, sluggishness and a tendency of random overheating, even when not in use... ...I also used quickclock, but, I never got far with this app, it always threw me an error message saying it can't unload the current module(the one that comes stock on the global), and after trying a few times I just threw in the towel on that one... ..if anything, I would want droid overclock on my phone as my oc app, just because it was solid on my d2 and I fell in love w it...but, then I got this global...god I hate this phone... ..I think that covers it, but..I,again, could be wrong
    I dont even smoke any more and I forget what I did the day before. No hard feelings.

Ok now I am not an expert on overclocking, far from it, but those results are quite odd. I honestly cant say much more then that, but will elaborate on my Droid OC App experience latter on. I know that when using setcpu and milestone, I saw no signs of sluggishness.

I seem to recall, now that you mention it a guide about importing profiles in to setcpu and using it with Milestone. Might try to dig it up and see what I can come up with on all that.

Quote Originally Posted by keolawills View Post
    I selected use most current module and am on interactive governor ocd to 1.35mhz. Its seems to be working great. Super responsive and no lag, some of the problems I encountered before with droid 2 overclock. And it shows 1.35 in the 5th slot. Two profiles, screen on and off. Battery hasn't got above 26 degrees C. I will see how it acts today while at work, as far as overheating and batt life change.

my ANGEL blacked out at 1.35 Ghz
    1.35 shouldnt make a huge impact on battery. Will you notice it? Probably a slight bit but nothing major. Will it perform better? Your quadrant scores might pick up a little, but in all honesty you probably wont see much performance just by the eye alone. Any performance increase you see is likley a placebo imo. Your mind playing tricks on you, but maybe I could be wrong. At the stock speed, I see havent noticed lag or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisl20 View Post
    Hottie, I always heard quadrant scores are useless, why, I am not sure, havnt read up on it in detail, but several people have said this to me...maybe someone can shed some light?
    There not useless, well not completely, but there not 100% relevant either. It is a benchmark tool, as you know, and the problem with a benchmark is it doesnt always reflect real world performance.

Ok now on to my results from Droid Overclock, I did use the newer module. I didnt try any OCing itself, I just played with profiles for now. The only profile I set was Screen Off = 300 Mhz with a conservative governor. Problem I saw was that occasionally when I wouldnt use my phone for awhile, and then started using it, I saw bad lag. Almost unusable. When I would check Droid Overclock I noticed my scaling was set at 300 max and min. Might play with profiles a bit more, and some over clocking.
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!

Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    So guys, do you know if there is any way to set a bias in SetCPU to undervolt the CPU by a few VSEL? I want to undervolt a bit without losing my five slots.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links