So after about a million miles with my D1 it finally crapped out and the replacement they gave me was a D2G. I had done a ton of rooting with my D1, tried doing it different ways and checked out just about every ROM out there. As soon as I got my D2G I started reading up on rooting it and it seems like the process is a bit different from the D1 and I've run in to a lot of questions that I haven't been able to find any solid answers to.
1. I'm almost positive I know the answer to this one, but I'll ask anyways - Can the same methods of rooting, ROMs, themes etc. be used for D2 and D2G? I'm assuming no.
2. Is there a .sbf I can flash to root? It seems like everything I've found is about using z4root. I don't have a problem with this but for some reason I feel like it's not as solid? Correct me if I'm wrong.
3. As far as recovery goes I can't seem to figure out how to get into a custom recovery to create nandroid - I guess when you use z4root it doesn't install CWRecovery?
4. Can ROM Manager be used with D2G? When you configure it to your phone it only gives options for Milestone, DX, and D2, but no D2G.
5. If ROM manager can be used, can you install roms from the install rom SD option? If not, what's the best method of installing?
6. Finally I know there's no CM for the D2G (quite depressing), but what are some recommendations for good ones and where is the best place to get them? Any ROMs with gingerbread?
Answers/links to help answer any of my questions would be very much appreciated. I'm pretty anxious to start playing with this guy and be using it at full potential.