DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Framework.res question

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2

Framework.res question

Why is there a framework file in my download folder. It seems to have been there since a day or two after I rooted. I know it has something to do with icons and themes right? I want to try changing some themes on my stock rom. Is this the file I will be changing? I thought that file was supposedly in the system files not the sd

Sent from my rooted DROID2
    Ldopa
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    I am just going to assume that when you rooted you got some sort of rom on there, fission or a grd one, if u have downloaded any type of small sub theme it could show up as framework-res.apk ...if you yourself are wanting to theme, I suggest downloading another theme, and unzipping them to your desktop and viewing all of the png files in there so you get a good idea of what you can change and put on your phone..frameworkres is in more than one place, it is in system, which has, well..the system files and their associated png's..apps also have this, the pngs are generally in drawable-hdpi but there ARE more places than just that... picture files that have. ".9.png" that is a stretchable image that can be changed but has to be draw9patched (an adbtool)..if...there are a couple ways to change the theme of your phone...ninjamorph, which is an app in the market that is a long route, but more than effective if you are just wanting to replace certain pngs for notification bar etc...you can also just replace changed png's in a downloaded and still zipped theme while viewing with 7zip...adb is another option if your command prompt savvy, I myself am not, so I just use adb solely for draw9patch so I can edit the stretched pngs...sorry for all the info, im a lil drunk and rambling. But im pretty sure your answer is in there somewhere, hopefully, lol...but, if it is, it will probly open many more ?'s...I will try to put some helpful links up in another reply that I read, and they helped me out along the way, im not great, but im more than competent enough to change what I want.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I'm still on stock rom but I did download the watermarkd theme but haven't flashed it yet. It could be that. No worries about the drunk thing. When I was drinking it would have been the same with me.

Ldopa
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    Eh, was more stoned than drunk but...whatever, lol....ok, so that" watermarkd" theme u downloaded is most likely the framework showing up....simple tell is to move it to ur pc and view archive via 7zip, or just unzip it to ur desktop and check out all the pngs in it and it'll give you a good idea of what it is...
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    Sorry for the 2x post, but, what rom did u dl the watermarkd for?...did some searching, SOME, searching...and couldn't find it for stock d2g....actually, I really couldn't find any themes for stock d2g....
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    No doubt. I'll check it out thanks. By the way are you versed in metamorph? I downloaded a bunch of individual icons and status bars. Is it as easy as opening a new project clicking the icon you want changed? Also will I be able to change these things on a stock rom?

Ldopa
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    I use metamorph alot, and love it, ppl say it doesn't work w d2g, but i know first hand it does....metamorph files can be found by going to droidpirate.com and searching his archives...but, starting a new project?? That sounds like ninjamorph to me?...ninjamorph is basicly a way to replace files on your phone....it works well, but for big projects its a big pain n the a**, but, I had my phone themed the way I wanted just using metamorph and the files justin has on his droidpirate website,...but, I did come into a problem with metamorph when I had certain themes on fission...it seems some of them were deodexed and with that it brought issues that were just really really odd....like my settings dissappearing, and a couple other small things I can't remember now...but, if you need any help, I will do what I can man, send me a pm or continue this thread....never know, someone may stumble upon it and find it useful....hell, that's how I've learned mostly...accident
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Well I'm on a normal d2 stock rom. I downloaded a bunch of files from Justin at droidpirate.com. I just want to make sure that they will work on stock rom. I don't want to mess anything up! His files say you need to be deodexed. Is stock rom deodexed (stock froyo syst. Ver. 2.3.2

Ldopa
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    No, but, I had no troubles using his themes without being deodexed....u can get the lite version for free and they angdroid has a deodexed stock rom, as well as one here on the forums that is slimmed down some, but, try it on stock, make sure u have a nandroid....if u do...there r noo worries at all man, clockwork recovery is my best friend...but I love to see what I can do, and sadly what I can't....havnt ran into too much of the latter, so, leme know how it goes man....I have noticed that I have flashed a different status_background.png and when I restart my phone it will sometimes revert to what it was before....that is the only one that has done that too me tho....but, I did some digging and the png names r identical between most moto platforms, what isn't the same is how said platforms pull and use the pngs....d2g needs optimized pngs for some reason(supposedly), but all of the metamorphs I've flashed havnt been opt'ed and they r still kickin
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I don't have it in me to flash a rom yet. So are you saying that if something goes wrong I can just flash a backup? How do I get into clockwork if my phone loops or something? Once I get into clockwork just hit restore and everything will be back to normal? I really want to flash liberty as well but I worry about problems. It seems totally customizable!

Ldopa
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links