DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about sbf'ing?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

Exclamation Question about sbf'ing?

Hi again. I feel bad posting so often but hey just trying to learn. So I have been trying to figure out sbf'ing, and first off what is the exact method/order in which the process should take place? And also why does the official Droid 2 Global sbf file 2.4.29 details state that it is a 4G Platform when clearly this is not a 4G device? Please help a.s.a.p. so I can move along.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    razr maxx, galaxy s3
    not much i can help u with other than i flashed the global sbf last night and worked just fine.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    You need, tbh's d2g sbf file(downloaded on pc). Rsdlite 4.9(on pc also). Correct drivers for your phone, also on pc... plug in your phone to ur computer, put it into bootloader mode...restarting while holding up arrow(hardkey on slideout keyboard) or by holding both the up and down volume keys(on side of phone) and THEN power ur phone on...load the sbf file in rsdlite from wherever u downloaded it to...hit start in rsdlite, and let it do its thing....afterwords it will say, "manually power up phone" unplug ur phone, but leave rsdlite running....restart your phone nto bootloader mode again, and plug it back in...shortly after it will finish and you can unplug your phone safely, do so...and restart your phone again, this time holding the X button on your slide out keyboard, then the search button (magnifying glass to the left of@ sign on keyboard) wipe the cache and start it up(may have to do factory wipe and cache, don't remember)..the initial startup may take a min...but you will have to reactivate the phone to your service provider...if its verizon* 228 and hit 1 after u connect....if it brings up "hit one to make a collect call, 2 to put minutes on w credit card" pull your battery for 30 seconds, then start it up and call activation again, hope this helps man...sorry if its too late...but, there's a ton of threads on this, so...someone probly lead u n the right direction..
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Sorry still waiting on the answer about the 4G Device Platform thing in RSD Lite. I dont wanna sbf my phone with the wrong file. And also why am I being told that RSD has to run in administartor mode? I hate asking so many questions but considering I dont have the deep pockets to get another device I want to make sure I'm getting all the right info and the right steps.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCombat View Post
    Sorry still waiting on the answer about the 4G Device Platform thing in RSD Lite. I dont wanna sbf my phone with the wrong file. And also why am I being told that RSD has to run in administartor mode? I hate asking so many questions but considering I dont have the deep pockets to get another device I want to make sure I'm getting all the right info and the right steps.
    chrisl20 gave you the whole outline as how to do the SBF... this is all that is required.

And to answer your question about 4G, D2G is not currently a 4G phone as we all know and I do not believe that it could be used as one (don't count on it though). i believe RSD has to be run as an administrator on your computer that is higher than XP (vista or win7) probably because you are changing something significant on your phone and Motorola (where the RSD is from) wants you to be doing it in that mode.

By the way all the info and the files that are required could be found here or here
    Liberated Droid 2 Global

Running Liberty 2.0.1 (Thanks to GRD team for the Romer; Kickasz23 for the work around & 13th angel for all the help) themed by
    Infinite Cha0s by es0tericcha0s
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D2G CM7, Tbolt bamfed out!
    Quote Originally Posted by sid_wisc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCombat View Post
    chrisl20 gave you the whole outline as how to do the SBF... this is all that is required.

And to answer your question about 4G, D2G is not currently a 4G phone as we all know and I do not believe that it could be used as one (don't count on it though). i believe RSD has to be run as an administrator on your computer that is higher than XP (vista or win7) probably because you are changing something significant on your phone and Motorola (where the RSD is from) wants you to be doing it in that mode.

By the way all the info and the files that are required could be found here or here
    just like Sid says .. use this link

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...g-sbf-tbh.html

dont worry about it saying 4g device platform .. ive sbf'd my phone countless times and it says the same thing on my rsd screen .. my phone works flawlessly ... most o the time
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    So if I'm running windows xp I just simply open rsd lite. Nothing special?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    Correct....open it...find the sbf file, plug ur phone in...make sure its in bootloader mode...hit start after making sure ur laptop and phone r connected and talking...and wait...and wait....and follow the rest of my instructions up top
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    ok, one more question, do i just load the 251 megabyte zipped sbf folder into rsd lite, or do i unzipp in windows, and load the 457 Mb .sbf file?
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill86 View Post
    ok, one more question, do i just load the 251 megabyte zipped sbf folder into rsd lite, or do i unzipp in windows, and load the 457 Mb .sbf file?
    unzip the folder and just use the SBF file...
    Once again an overview of the whole thing.....
    *Make sure to have the latest drivers from motorola
    *Run RSD as an administrator on your computer
    *start the phone in boot menu (turn off phone, start it while pressing volume button up and down togather 'OR' start while holding the top arrow on physical keyboard)
    *open RSD make sure that your phone shows in there
    *click ... button and select the unzipped sbf file
    *click start and let it do what it is supposed to do.
    * restart phone after the process is done while holding the X button on physical keyboard and then press magnifying glass on the physical keyboard
    *wipe data and cache
    ***** YOU ARE NOW IN 'OUT OF THE BOX' CONDITION!!!!!!!

n'JOY
    Liberated Droid 2 Global

Running Liberty 2.0.1 (Thanks to GRD team for the Romer; Kickasz23 for the work around & 13th angel for all the help) themed by
    Infinite Cha0s by es0tericcha0s
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links