DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The official d2g sbf from TBH

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    you could skip adding the google account during the first boot after a restore however you will not be able to access the marketplace, or sync gmail as easily until you have affiliated your google account with your phone.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    When you sync your gmail account, there's a check box for "sync my data with google" or some such.. uncheck that, and it won't sync. Also, you can tap the four corners of the screen, starting at the top left and going clockwise (The black areas, don't touch the android) and this gets you past the initial setup.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuysFinishLast View Post
    When you sync your gmail account, there's a check box for "sync my data with google" or some such.. uncheck that, and it won't sync. Also, you can tap the four corners of the screen, starting at the top left and going clockwise (The black areas, don't touch the android) and this gets you past the initial setup.
    thanks for the tips ... that check box you're referring to is only available upon first setup ? i think i spotted it, didn't touch it.

but i just don't like how it proceeds to restore all my apps & google info .... i prefer if i'm presented with a choice to do apps, contacts, email, calendar, etc. individually or in steps arranged by data type.
    GS4
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    hi i m new with droid, n have xt720 before. my phone condition is unlock then i can use at indonesia, if i brick my phone, can i just flash with this sbf to make it back, n what about this unlock condition? its back to verizon lock one or still unlock. thanx
    while using xt720, i can flash to other region sbf without any lock problem.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    D1, D2 dev, DX dev, D2WE dev
    Yes, the lock code for the SIM is stored in an area of memory that is not flashed by the SBF file. It will not relock the device.
    CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by CellZealot View Post
    Yes, the lock code for the SIM is stored in an area of memory that is not flashed by the SBF file. It will not relock the device.
    just answered me a question i posted in another thread ... thanks

posted via android
    GS4
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by CellZealot View Post
    thanx CellZealot
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I'm so lost, I just don't want to brick my phone. Do you have to flash the SBF before you install any ROMs? And is there a chance to brick your phone when you flash the SBF? So many questions..
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by JMAjustin View Post
    I'm so lost, I just don't want to brick my phone. Do you have to flash the SBF before you install any ROMs? And is there a chance to brick your phone when you flash the SBF? So many questions..
    It's quite simple, and laid out pretty clearly. The SBF is the file that Motorola puts on your phone at the factory. It overwrites every piece of preinstalled software on the phone to factory defaults. You don't have to flash it before you install a ROM, it's for going back to stock after a ROM, or if you brick your phone. If you don't get things like this, I suggest you do some more reading before you start trying to flash ROMs. Check out all the stickies in the D2 and D2G forums, there's a lot of really good info.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    rotary
    ok I need some help. Just went from D1 to D2 rooted, bootstrapped and loaded liberty, except something went wrong, the keyboard is not mapped properly so I can log into my google account and I have no data (yes I dl the one dof d2) and way trying start over but now I cant find the sbf file. can anyone help?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links