DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Overclock question...

Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Overclock question...

Rooted on 2.3.20, stock rom, and i just downloaded JRummy16 droid x/2 overclock app. I am still new to android so i was wondering what settings i should set on this app so i don't brick or completely screw up my phone.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid & Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid4Life86 View Post
    Rooted on 2.3.20, stock rom, and i just downloaded JRummy16 droid x/2 overclock app. I am still new to android so i was wondering what settings i should set on this app so i don't brick or completely screw up my phone.
    I would download SetCPU as well. The profiles can come in handy when attempting to conserve battery life. I also have a rooted 2.3.20 stock rom. I have found I'm stable up to 1.3Ghz at Ultra Low Voltage, although I can't seem to get a definitive on battery life savings. I'd say your safest bet is to start with 1.2 and see how it goes for a few days. Then slowly bump it up and repeat. Remember, never save the setting to load on boot unless you are sure they work. Also, be sure to do a Nandroid backup...just in case. Good luck!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    On my spunky days it gets set at ulv 1.35. Lasts a little shorter than stock at that clock, but heavy gunner plays great and it seems a little snazzier at moving between programs all together. Ulv 1.0 for every day use, still quick and lasts forever. Using squid's fullblur. High quadrant scores with just d2 oc, slightly larger dalvik and memory set to keep 50 free.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I'm running at ULV 1.15 for daily use, but I'm stable all the way to 1.35, I just don't think its worth the hit in battery life, and I get a little worried about the heat issues too.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I am running stock/ rooted 2.3.2.0. I ran 1.45 ULV successfully for days until FC's started happening. I now run 1.25 ULV and haven't had a single problem. With the new settings, the upgrade to 2.3.2.0 and using juicedefender I get through the entire day with moderate use with 20%-40% battery left. Gotta find your sweet spot.

Links