DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Can't hack...no I'm not challenged

  1. Junior Droid
    elysianfield's Avatar
    Member #
    114759
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #1

    Can't hack...no I'm not challenged

    So i've had my droid 2 for a month now and the very first day i had it i rooted it. But last week i upgraded to the 2.4.0 r2d2 rom and...i lost my root. ive tried every method to get it rooted again. the command lines from the pc, the one click method, and the droid's own command lines...i had made recoveries before with the droid 2 bootstrap so idk if i could use those now and go back to my root. thank you in advance
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. RS/Moderator
    Abe21599's Avatar
    Member #
    18400
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,334
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
  4. Junior Droid
    elysianfield's Avatar
    Member #
    114759
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
    can you boot into custom recovery or no
    uhhh i know how to boot in regular droid recovery but if i could boot into custom i wouldnt know how
  5. Droid
    KingLo's Avatar
    Member #
    114818
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    63
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #4
    do you have superuser from market installed or the standard su?
    If your phone is like mine you may need to double up on rageagainst the cage when youre rooting. Mine never goes through unless I run it twice in a row
  6. Droid Ninja
    Redflea's Avatar
    Member #
    5967
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,954
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by elysianfield View Post
    So i've had my droid 2 for a month now and the very first day i had it i rooted it. But last week i upgraded to the 2.4.0 r2d2 rom and...i lost my root. ive tried every method to get it rooted again. the command lines from the pc, the one click method, and the droid's own command lines...i had made recoveries before with the droid 2 bootstrap so idk if i could use those now and go back to my root. thank you in advance
    Do you have Superuser installed? If not, install it from the market. If you already have it installed, launch it and see if it wants to update the superuser binary or not - it will automatically prompt you if that's necessary. Do you see any apps listed in Superuser?

    Assuming you have superuser installed and it's running properly, launch the Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery app (you must have had this installed if you were rooted and installing ROMs - and it should have been re-installed automatically if you did a reset before or after installing a ROM) and select Bootstrap Recovery. If you get a success message, then select launch recovery and you can restore any backup you made before installing 2.4.0.

    Better still, if you can get into recovery, you should install one of AngDroid's 2.4.5 ROMs so you're up-to-date. Green ROMs V1 - VZW_2.4.5 Base

    Let us know how things go.
  7. Junior Droid
    elysianfield's Avatar
    Member #
    114759
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elysianfield View Post
    So i've had my droid 2 for a month now and the very first day i had it i rooted it. But last week i upgraded to the 2.4.0 r2d2 rom and...i lost my root. ive tried every method to get it rooted again. the command lines from the pc, the one click method, and the droid's own command lines...i had made recoveries before with the droid 2 bootstrap so idk if i could use those now and go back to my root. thank you in advance
    Do you have Superuser installed? If not, install it from the market. If you already have it installed, launch it and see if it wants to update the superuser binary or not - it will automatically prompt you if that's necessary. Do you see any apps listed in Superuser?

    Assuming you have superuser installed and it's running properly, launch the Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery app (you must have had this installed if you were rooted and installing ROMs - and it should have been re-installed automatically if you did a reset before or after installing a ROM) and select Bootstrap Recovery. If you get a success message, then select launch recovery and you can restore any backup you made before installing 2.4.0.

    Better still, if you can get into recovery, you should install one of AngDroid's 2.4.5 ROMs so you're up-to-date. Green ROMs V1 - VZW_2.4.5 Base

    Let us know how things go.
    ok went into superuser and there were no apps and no update prompt

    and i hit bootstrap recovery it said success but when i hit reboot recovery it showed an fc window
  8. Junior Droid
    elysianfield's Avatar
    Member #
    114759
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLo View Post
    do you have superuser from market installed or the standard su?
    If your phone is like mine you may need to double up on rageagainst the cage when youre rooting. Mine never goes through unless I run it twice in a row
    that would only be through the regular computer command prompt right?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Redflea's Avatar
    Member #
    5967
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,954
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by elysianfield View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elysianfield View Post
    So i've had my droid 2 for a month now and the very first day i had it i rooted it. But last week i upgraded to the 2.4.0 r2d2 rom and...i lost my root. ive tried every method to get it rooted again. the command lines from the pc, the one click method, and the droid's own command lines...i had made recoveries before with the droid 2 bootstrap so idk if i could use those now and go back to my root. thank you in advance
    Do you have Superuser installed? If not, install it from the market. If you already have it installed, launch it and see if it wants to update the superuser binary or not - it will automatically prompt you if that's necessary. Do you see any apps listed in Superuser?

    Assuming you have superuser installed and it's running properly, launch the Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery app (you must have had this installed if you were rooted and installing ROMs - and it should have been re-installed automatically if you did a reset before or after installing a ROM) and select Bootstrap Recovery. If you get a success message, then select launch recovery and you can restore any backup you made before installing 2.4.0.

    Better still, if you can get into recovery, you should install one of AngDroid's 2.4.5 ROMs so you're up-to-date. Green ROMs V1 - VZW_2.4.5 Base

    Let us know how things go.
    ok went into superuser and there were no apps and no update prompt

    and i hit bootstrap recovery it said success but when i hit reboot recovery it showed an fc window
    Load ROM Manager (if you don't have it already) and try to boot into recovery from there.

    You could also try clearing data for Droid 2 Boostrap app.

    Have you tried the normal ways to launch Recovery, e.g., boot up until the boot animation appears, pull battery, then restart and it should go into CW Recovery.
    Last edited by Redflea; 10-10-2010 at 10:49 PM.
  10. Junior Droid
    elysianfield's Avatar
    Member #
    114759
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elysianfield View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post

    Do you have Superuser installed? If not, install it from the market. If you already have it installed, launch it and see if it wants to update the superuser binary or not - it will automatically prompt you if that's necessary. Do you see any apps listed in Superuser?

    Assuming you have superuser installed and it's running properly, launch the Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery app (you must have had this installed if you were rooted and installing ROMs - and it should have been re-installed automatically if you did a reset before or after installing a ROM) and select Bootstrap Recovery. If you get a success message, then select launch recovery and you can restore any backup you made before installing 2.4.0.

    Better still, if you can get into recovery, you should install one of AngDroid's 2.4.5 ROMs so you're up-to-date. Green ROMs V1 - VZW_2.4.5 Base

    Let us know how things go.
    ok went into superuser and there were no apps and no update prompt

    and i hit bootstrap recovery it said success but when i hit reboot recovery it showed an fc window
    Load ROM Manager (if you don't have it already) and try to boot into recovery from there.

    You could also try clearing data for Droid 2 Boostrap app.

    Have you tried the normal ways to launch Recovery, e.g., boot up until the boot animation appears, pull battery, then restart and it should go into CW Recovery.
    no none of that worked...fc for rom manager and clearing bootstrap data ended up with same results

    i do have previous backup and titanium backup...would i be able to to restore back to factory settings and try again? or would i be wasting my time?
  11. Droid Ninja
    Redflea's Avatar
    Member #
    5967
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,954
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by elysianfield View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elysianfield View Post

    ok went into superuser and there were no apps and no update prompt

    and i hit bootstrap recovery it said success but when i hit reboot recovery it showed an fc window
    Load ROM Manager (if you don't have it already) and try to boot into recovery from there.

    You could also try clearing data for Droid 2 Boostrap app.

    Have you tried the normal ways to launch Recovery, e.g., boot up until the boot animation appears, pull battery, then restart and it should go into CW Recovery.
    no none of that worked...fc for rom manager and clearing bootstrap data ended up with same results

    i do have previous backup and titanium backup...would i be able to to restore back to factory settings and try again? or would i be wasting my time?
    Try wiping data and see if that helps...Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset and see if that helps getting into recovery. Titanium backup likely won't help w/your current situation.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. My Name Says it ALL! I am truly technologically challenged.
    By Techno Challenged in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 08:14 PM
  2. HELP PLEASE 48 yr old tech challenged
    By kimahz in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM
  3. Droid for Tech-Challenged Dad?
    By Audioslavery in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 10:32 PM
  4. USB host mode for Droid - Hack A Day Hack!
    By LastBoyScout in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 06:53 AM
  5. Hi Everyone - New User Somewhat Tech Challenged
    By ms11230 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Search tags for this page

hack runfootball
,
hack runfootball android
,
hack website runfootball android
,
how do you hack into a droid 2
,

how to hack runfootball

,
how to hack runfootball android
,
how to hack the first droid soo
,
runfootball
,
runfootball android hack
,

runfootball hack

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+