How come I can't find this in the market?
I've rooted and I want to have save back ups before I start installing themes or roms.
1. Install Droid 2 Bootstrap recovery, from market, or google it and get the free download
- Run it, select Bootstrap Recovery
- Then select the option to launch recovery
2. In Clockwork Recovery select the Backup option to make a backup
3. If you're paranoid (like me) copy the backup from your SD card to your computer
You might want to consider MyBackup Pro or Titanium backup...but they are somewhat optional.
Also, look at the SBF thread here so you know what you'll be doing if things really get messed up.
I am having problems, I have SU installed, I have clockwork mod installed, and I can not boot into it. I hit X when turning the phone on, and I get the regular bootloader. I dont know what to do. It is rooted ,I can use wifi tether.
heres how i did it...
1.download Clockwork from market
3.try to reboot into recovery(probably wont work)
4.get bootstrap (watever droid you have)
5.install bootstrap....then boot recovery...should work....pm me if it doesnt
You can also boot up, pull battery at boot animation, boot up again.
On the D2 CW Recovery does not replace stock recovery, so using the power/x process will always load stock recovery. Bootstrap uses tricks to get past it and launch custom recovery...