Ok so far, I've rooted my droid 2, deleted some bloatware, changed my M boot up symbol to something nicer, now I want to change themes. I'm still new at this stuff, so maybe you guys can help out.
I need to be deodexed to change themes but can't find that info in a Droid 2 forum..
CAN I USE THIS THE X way???
So I need to now download ultimate x and follow the steps here:
1. Unzip and run Main.exe
2. Pull the files, so run options 1 and 2.
3. Run options 3 and 4, which will deodex your apps and framework. This WILL take awhile so make sure you have a beer and some chips ready. Maybe a tv show.
4. Those files will output to the xUltimate folder under done_app and done_frame.
5. Connect the phone into Mass Storage and copy those folders over to the sdcard root.
6. Now go back to PC Mode.
7. Time for some cmd prompt goodness with adb, so open up cmd prompt.
8. adb shell
9. mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
10. cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app
11. cp /sdcard/done_frame/* /system/framework/
12. rm /system/app/*.odex
13. rm /system/framework/*.odex
14. mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
Before I go through the process I should make a backup right? I have titanium backup, Anything else?
Is that correct? Sorry for the long NoOb post, just want to make sure I'm not screwing anything up.