DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: customize the home double tap

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima View Post
    you can also dl HomeSmack...it lets you customize douple tap and gives you control of search long press
    Wow thanks for the info. I'll try it out. Like WugFresh said, this thread is offering a bunch of good alternative solutions to fix a nagging problem. Good stuff!
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    @wugfresh
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I change my vote. Homesmack is by far the best solution to this issue. Thank you for the recommendation.

This helpful utility gives android users the versatility to assign the single tap action to whichever homescreen application they prefer; alter the functionality of the double tap action to initiate any application on their phone; and for the first time, provides an effortless method for remapping the long search action.

The app-based solution, a utilization of 'Homesmack', not only offers users with more capabilities and customization than any other method suggested in this thread (yes, I know that includes my own), but it does so in manner which conceals all the backend system manipulations, and instead, presents the user with a simple graphical interface to make their selections.

If this description didn't already convince you, Homesmack is available for FREE! The developer should really consider submiting a "donate version" to the market as well; I have a feeling that I'm not the only one who thinks (or will think) this app is helpful.

- WugFresh
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!):
    +Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0

..:: Follow me on twitter @WugFresh::..
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Ditto too for me, WugFresh. Well said!! I love it when there is an eloquent solution.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
    I change my vote. Homesmack is by far the best solution to this issue. Thank you for the recommendation.

This helpful utility gives android users the versatility to assign the single tap action to whichever homescreen application they prefer; alter the functionality of the double tap action to initiate any application on their phone; and for the first time, provides an effortless method for remapping the long search action.

The app-based solution, a utilization of 'Homesmack', not only offers users with more capabilities and customization than any other method suggested in this thread (yes, I know that includes my own), but it does so in manner which conceals all the backend system manipulations, and instead, presents the user with a simple graphical interface to make their selections.

If this description didn't already convince you, Homesmack is available for FREE! The developer should really consider submiting a "donate version" to the market as well; I have a feeling that I'm not the only one who thinks (or will think) this app is helpful.

- WugFresh
    lol i felt the same way when i found, or stumbled upon it...i typed in homes in market my screen had froze and didnt type the rest (homescreen) and i found it and have been loving it ever since
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links