DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Flashing back from ICS to GB help needed!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    R2D2 running Liberty3 v2.0

Flashing back from ICS to GB help needed!

I have searched the forums, and googled but I'm getting mixed answers and need some help. I have a R2D2 currently running Liquid ICS and I'm having too many issues and want to flash back to GB, possibly CM7(haven't tried yet) or back to Liberty. I need to know the simplest way to achive this. Must I SBF? I've never had to do that and it's got me haired out. Or, since I have a nandroid backup still from Liberty, will that work or will it brick me? Any help is greatly appreciated. I've looked ant the SBF'ing link and a lot of comments state that the file links may be dead or old. I'm going to post this on Rootz as well. The issue's I am having other that what is already known not to work is massive battery drain. If GPS is running in the car dock, even though it's plugged in and shows charging, it is still depleting. Also, when in the car dock, caller ID is useless, the whole screen is black with the slider at the bottom with the exception of a 2 or 3 mil strip at the top. Sometimes I just don't want to take a call based on who it is and now I can't tell.
    "tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime....."
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I take it at this point you got this figured out? I never saw it or I would have responded. All you need to do is wipe data, cache, dalvik, then format and mount system. After that you can flash whatever GB Rom you like so long as it is a GB kernel Rom. CM7 can be the exception depending on which release you use.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    R2D2 running Liberty3 v2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionImprobable View Post
    I take it at this point you got this figured out? I never saw it or I would have responded. All you need to do is wipe data, cache, dalvik, then format and mount system. After that you can flash whatever GB Rom you like so long as it is a GB kernel Rom. CM7 can be the exception depending on which release you use.
    Bad form on my part, I should have replied and closed the issue. I'm all good, actually back on Liberty and happy as a clam!
    "tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime....."

Links