Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this possible?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Is this possible?

Sorry to harp the subject, but is it possible to pull the working bluetooth from the froyo release and put it in the gingerbread one?

I've been looking about to fix this and there is absolutley no help at all on the subject. Am I the only one who's bluetooth doesnt work for voice calls? Is there any way to fix this? This is EXTREMELY important to me that this feature works.

Sorry if I'm being a pest about it, but this is vital!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Anyone know? Can this be done?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    My opinion is that if it was that easy one of the devs would already have done it. Have you tried all the roms for your phone. Maybe one of them will work for you.

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    After reading the threads for the other roms, I am unable to find out wether or not the Bluetooth works on any of them. I'm not feeling lucky enough to try each one just to find out that none of them work either. I also don't have that kind of time to sit with my phone all day to install different roms just to find one with working Bluetooth.

So the end result is- this is a deal breaker. Not to mention having to switch to airplane mode after every call just to get 3G connectivity back.

I'd have to say that just because something is partially functional, doesn't make it good. I'm not bashing on any devs as I'm sure they work very hard to release these even in the shape they're in, but the least they could do afterwards is offer a disclaimer that it's not entirely working.

It may save some people a lot of time and frustration.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Well, in the world of Droid 1's, none of the devs have released a final GB Rom. All are listed as beta. Also, you need to be aware that all our phones are different and work with different roms. On mine I found that Chevy's Roms worked the best and PE worked the worse. That doesn't mean that PE's roms are bad. It is different for each phone. If you like the GB stuff, then you should try some of the other roms.

If you read the threads for the other roms and do not find mention of Bluetooth issue, then give that rom a try. Good luck!!

BTW, in the spirit of full disclosure - I went back to Froyo roms!! They all run pretty much perfectly on my Droid 1.

Again, good luck with your phone!!
    Baton Rouge, LA
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway72 View Post
    After reading the threads for the other roms, I am unable to find out wether or not the Bluetooth works on any of them. I'm not feeling lucky enough to try each one just to find out that none of them work either. I also don't have that kind of time to sit with my phone all day to install different roms just to find one with working Bluetooth.

So the end result is- this is a deal breaker. Not to mention having to switch to airplane mode after every call just to get 3G connectivity back.

I'd have to say that just because something is partially functional, doesn't make it good. I'm not bashing on any devs as I'm sure they work very hard to release these even in the shape they're in, but the least they could do afterwards is offer a disclaimer that it's not entirely working.

It may save some people a lot of time and frustration.

Uhh.. It's an android phone. It's pre-release software that was STOLEN from Moto/Verizon and released before it was finished. OF COURSE YOU SHOULD EXPECT BUGS.

If it was a final release, and it worked smoothly and reliably, then VZW would have pushed the update.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Right, I understand that. However the people who release the roms should post disclaimers for the features that don't work.

This is my point.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway72 View Post
    Right, I understand that. However the people who release the roms should post disclaimers for the features that don't work.

This is my point.

Yes. Because the Devs should know that their ROM will work on EVERY phone the SAME WAY. Even though there's literally dozens of different Android handsets that all run the "same" software. If ROMs don't work the same between two of the SAME phone, what makes you think they'll work the same across the whole line?

These things happen. Sometimes things just don't work, even though in theory, they SHOULD. Hell, for all we know, the bluetooth works fine, and you just got a bad flash to GB. The fact that nobody has posted in your other thread leads me to believe this might be an isolated issue. I'm on 4 different android forums and haven't seen anyone else mention this.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Bluetooth works fine on my DROID2 running GB and I always get 3g connectivity back after a call....

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Care to share what rom you use and install method?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links