I'm having an issue with my Droid 2 and headphones. First things first, I would like to know if there is some way to disable headphone jack media controls on the ROM side of things, such as deleting a script or a code or similar. Reasons being, I'm having a bit of an extremely annoying issue.
When I plug headphones in, no matter what type, music players go wacky if it's disturbed in some hard to duplicate manner. I should take the time to say that I have three media players on my phone, the Music player, XiiaLive, and Pandora. That said, when I listen to music in my car, for example, let's say I pull my phone out of the tray and turn it on to switch tracks. About 85% of the time, no trouble. The remaining 15% is me wondering why the phone just up and randomly switches to a completely different song. One time im specific, i unlocked the phone and went to go to the next track on a Breaking Benjamin album, and it just switches itself to a different artist entirely.
Another thing is, if the music player is currently playing and I unplug headphones, the music player will stop playing, but XiiaLive will bring itself up (which never runs unless i open it, and i task kill it closed when i'm done for this reason) and start streaming the last station I played.
It's driving me nuts. Please tell me there's a way to get rid of this function.
Sorry for the long (albeit detailed) post.