DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: sbf'd and still no touch capabilities

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

sbf'd and still no touch capabilities

So here is my entire issue.

I was rooted and running Liberty. Was having issues with my touch screen not working while the keyboard was open and then the phone started having issues with the touch screen not working at all.

Rooted using z4, not overclocked at all, had Liberty running with launcher Pro.

Uninstalled all applications that may have been causing problems. still did it.

went about sbf'ing the phone using TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat and still have no touch screen. I'm out of warranty so im trying to find a way around getting a new phone.

My thing is i think I may have sbf'ed wrong. I wasn't sure how to go about the drivers bit. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jewish_ View Post

I was rooted and running Liberty. Was having issues with my touch screen not working while the keyboard was open and then the phone started having issues with the touch screen not working at all.

went about sbf'ing the phone using TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat and still have no touch screen. I'm out of warranty so im trying to find a way around getting a new phone.

My thing is i think I may have sbf'ed wrong. I wasn't sure how to go about the drivers bit. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    OK, what happened when you sbf'd. Could you see your phone on the computer?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jewish_ View Post

OK, what happened when you sbf'd. Could you see your phone on the computer?
    so downloaded the full sbf file, the driver and rsd. rsd recognized the phone and i flashed the sbf. then told me to manually reboot. did that and now i am at the registry screen where it wants me to touch the android to start and I can't touch.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Ok read over this.....if the bsf didn't work you wouldn't be at the activation screen, so you're good there. This sounds like a hardware issue, and you're not out of warranty for that. 1yr on hardware, the 30 days is for you to decide if you like it or not.

You can try a 30 sec battery pull, but if that doesn't work I would take it back and tell them your touch screen died. You should get a new replacement, not a refurb.

Sent from somewhere...
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Ok read over this.....if the bsf didn't work you wouldn't be at the activation screen, so you're good there. This sounds like a hardware issue, and you're not out of warranty for that. 1yr on hardware, the 30 days is for you to decide if you like it or not.

You can try a 30 sec battery pull, but if that doesn't work I would take it back and tell them your touch screen died. You should get a new replacement, not a refurb.

Sent from somewhere...
    i got the phone from asurion as a replacement for my droid 1, so I am out of warranty. Asurion wont replace the phone unless there is physical damage or it is lost/stolen so..
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    There is a 1yr manufactures warranty on all motorola phones. Its still under warranty. Trust me take it in, you won't have to pay a deductible. The warranty starts from the day you got it and there's no year old D2s anyways.

Sent from somewhere...
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    the initial verizon guy I talked to said there was no warranty, called them again and alas, warranty. new phone should be here thursday. Thanks guys
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Glad to hear it got resolved. It may be a pain but sometimes you gotta try a couple times and push to get them to do the right thing.

Sent from somewhere...

Links