DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid X Dock - MIKRADLE Releasing new EVOLUTION X Model!

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Still no update...?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Just putting forward my interest in this as well.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09

Exclamation MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X is here!

Hello and sorry for the long delay. Sometimes life has a way of throwing you a few curves..

But it's here! The MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X Series! For tonight - no photos, but they will follow either tomorrow or Thursday. A rendering is attached to give you an idea of the style, which is basically an EVOLUTION on steroids. It's larger - 1/2" wider and 3/16" higher. Same chrome pegs, but spaced differently. The horizontal inlay is now, well, an X! Why? Because this is the EVOLUTION X, that's why! The left side of the back rest is recessed 3/16" for the bumped out back of the upper portion of the Droid X, where the camera lens is located. This enables the phone to lay flat. This is the basic difference in this dedicated model, mostly the recess and the inlay X.

I've had such an overwhelming success with the styling of the EVOLUTION, I did not want to stray from the overall design - it's collected more compliments and kudos in two months than the original Classic did in eight months. My Dad always told me - when something works - go with it. So, like I said, we've employed subtle changes to accommodate the larger size of the Droid X, as well as the recessed portion of the backrest. Black felt continues to add protection - the aluminum X inlay is still recessed as on the original EVOLUTION.

This model includes (standard) a magnet (hidden behind the felt backing) to induce the proprietary Multimedia Mode installed by Motorola. I am (as stated) selling the usual MicroUSB cable, but for now am not offering an HDMI cable. This may come down the road depending on how much call there is for it. I have no pricing yet for this particular cable, but will know within a week and will post relevant information at that time.

That's it, other than, unfortunately, a price increase. This dedicated EVOLUTION X model has a much more detailed backrest and as such is more labor intensive. Because it's a larger model, all new jigs and templates had to be constructed. As a result - I've had to increase the price. So, here's the deal. The new price will be $45.99. To include an extra long 6' MicroUSB cable an additional $4.00 needs to be added. As always - shipping is free. I'm taking orders as of this post. Simply send a PayPal payment to my account name: lubrich@optonline.net and be sure to include your choice of color, which is as in the past, Cherry, Mahogany, Oak, Walnut, White and Black. If you want the 6' MicroUSB cable, be sure to include an additional $3.00.

I have right now 25 black models that will ship out beginning Thursday. Another 150 are about ready for spraying in all colors - these will begin shipping out Saturday. Be aware that the first 25 are already spoken for, so any orders placed tonight will start shipping Saturday. Those first 25 will receive an email tomorrow advising them of their shipping schedule.

I will continue to offer custom options of any color imaginable, choice of inlay colors and materials and as in the past, peg choices are chrome or brass (for now). With a prayer and a whisper, my way, way, way, way overdue website will be up and running next week with numerous photos of options available for this model as well as all the others.

As stated, I will have full color photos within two days. I did not want to wait any longer to post availability as the e-mails are pouring in clamoring for a start time for ordering. For those with questions - either post here or e-mail me at: mikey06@optonline.net

I thank you all for your interest, your enthusiasm and hope this new model suffices for your needs. I apologize for not having pix ready for tonight - but will post them within two days as promised. Thanks all, mikey

A Sneak Peek - the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X Series!

Last edited by cuskit; 02-26-2011 at 03:18 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Mikey..can you do a JETS one??

Just checking....might be a nice option for us football fans.

Mike

Green with logo and such..or just greeen!
    Last edited by SplatShot; 08-03-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: add
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Awesome Cuskit...can't wait to see pics.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Just placed my order!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Me Too............
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09

Thumbs up Mikradle Evolution X tops the charts for first day sales!

Quote Originally Posted by krosenqu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cuskit View Post
    We'll have to wait one more day. Some very important family business is consuming my time today. Please bear with me and I'll update this tomorrow. Respectfully - mikey
    I read your post and it reminded me of this strip. Its on the door at work

Family comes first!

...until your boss tells you its not. Good thing your the boss
    I just noticed this post - that strip - I'm on the floor rolling! I'm printing it out and putting it on my office door. Can't wait to show it to my wife, truer words were never spoken!

Thanks for the morning perk! I think I'll also make it my screensaver for the month!

MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X Series
    Meanwhile - guys, thanks loads for the orders! Last night was the highest "intro" sales numbers I've experienced to date! I'm swamped! How can so many of you have gotten this Droid X? Everyone around here has been sold out and still waiting for more! Geez, when the Incredible came out I was flabbergasted at the initial (and subsequent) flood of orders coming in, and I remember thinking the same thing - first the Droid I, then the Incredible and now the X. Doesn't anyone wait for their "new every two" like me? I'm ready to get the X myself (as soon as it gets back in stock), but now with news of the II coming out in two weeks, do I wait? Sigh..

But anyway - thanks so much for all the orders placed last night and through this morning. You've all put me onto double shifts for the next two weeks! Not complaining, and I did expect this kind of overwhelming numbers since so many have been PM'ing and e-mailing me the last few weeks. I've just finished shipping out a ton of standard EVOLUTION orders, and now it looks like the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X Series is going to crush those numbers. Wow!

I'd also like to thank my good friend Jack (a forum member here), who was kind enough to lend me a dummy for sizing purposes and photo sessions, as well as the use of his own personal Droid X for magnet location. The guy is tops in my book! He's already rooted his Droid X and is now waiting for one of our astute hackers to produce a ROM for this, which I understand will be quite a feat! But I'd like to let all know that Jack has earned himself the first comped MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X Series (in walnut), and as in the past I'll be sending out several more, as well as donating to several contests later this month. Jack is a sales rep for wireless phones, and he is a wiz! He also has no match for video games - he represented Direct TV on a team sent to California where they crushed the competition in a video game contest, winning $40,000.00 (team total) for their efforts. I've seen this guy's fingers move on his Droid X, and believe me - they are just a blur when in motion! For a "big finger" guy like myself - I'm amazed at how some people can text quicker than I can even speak the words! I'm envious!

Also - as I did last month, I will be donating $1.00 from the sale of every MIKRADLE sold this month to Breast Cancer Research. This cause has struck very close to home as my sister has been diagnosed and is undergoing treatment right now (many of you are already aware of this). If any would like to also match that dollar donation, just add it to your payment and I'll send it in along with my donation at the end of the month. I will also send each a receipt to that effect. For those with interest - here is the site representing my donations: BCRF :: providing critical funding for innovative clinical and genetic research I researched before donating and this particular foundation is tops in the world for research. Over 90% of all donations go straight to research grants and awareness programs - that's good in my book for sure! If you'd like - you can just visit the site and click on "donate now" to make a credit card donation. I would appreciate all to check out this website - we all have to do what we can to put an end to this terrible disease. Thanks again! mikey
    Last edited by cuskit; 08-04-2010 at 07:59 AM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    $$$ sent !!! Thanks Mikey !!
    I wondered why the ball was getting bigger...then it hit me.

...click on my Twitter sneaker
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    do you have any plans on creating an adjustable cradle? i plan on using my phone as a clock and am unsure of the screen angle and visibility. looking forward to some real pics!!!
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Links