DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dock - Evolution Series For INCREDIBLE

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Anxious to see some pictures of your product. Sounds good so far but I need to see it in action.

Thanks.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    I'll be posting photos tomorrow evening, with shipping beginning Friday. I sharpened up the sides a bit, less Classic look and a bit more contemporary. It will still be easily identified as a MIKRADLE, the overall look remains - just a subtle departure from that of the original release. The main thing was the USB port being relocated. Wish these companies would get uniform with their specs on port locations!

I'm "this" close to buying the Incredible for myself! Just hanging in there, it appears the general consensus is that the Moto Droid wins for a better screen. I've only seen a dummy (for sizing purposes), but will be seeing the real deal sometime this afternoon. Stay tuned.. mikey
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Update:

My new series, the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series is designed not only for the HTC Incredible but also to accommodate just about every Smartphone on the market. It takes into consideration the locations of exit ports for the MicroUSB (or mini, USB A or any other configuration) ports as well as audio cables, and has virtually no restrictions on any of these. Coping with all these differing locations (each manufacturer and model seems to have it's own unique location) has been to date a difficult task, but my new design addresses this well. It will also accommodate most (if not all) covers currently available (I cannot speak for whatever new covers may enter the marketplace) without removal of same.

HTC also threw in one more curve - they elected to utilize a "protruding" camera lens, which the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series has also addressed in a manner that keeps the phone from rocking on it. I've incorporated a solution that imparts a contemporary look while solving the "rocking" issue of this protruding lens. It will not appear to be a proprietary feature for just the Incredible.

Incidentally, the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series will allow for most phones to be placed in either a horizontal or vertical position with all cables attached - your choice!

So, there you have it. The new MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series!

You can see photos of this new model beginning late Thursday here. I had hoped to post this evening, but was held up by a delivery of key components needed for the photos. I've received a confirmation notice of delivery for Thursday, so at that time I'll take pictures and post. Shipping is still on track beginning the end of this week (for all orders as of yesterday). Any new orders coming will not ship until Monday, May 10th. The photos I will be posting will only be the black models - wood colors and white will not be ready for camera until Sunday. New buyers are receiving confirmation e-mails with shipping dates. Thanks all - see you tomorrow! mikey
    Last edited by cuskit; 05-05-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Photos & delivery times updated
  4. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    sounds great, cuskit, can't wait to see it in action!
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Sounds awesome Mikey! Looking forward to seeing the pics tomorrow.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    cant wait to see pics
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Touching base here for those anxious for photos. I was expecting in a delivery of key components for the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series, but unfortunately delivery will not be until tomorrow. Dang! I could take photos of the "almost" complete model (in black), but these components, though just a small feature lend a large impact to the overall look of this new MIKRADLE. I hate to disappoint my fans - but I really wish the first views of this new release to be a completed piece, so... looks like photos will have to wait until tomorrow. This is not impacting shipping by the weekend as these "components are not holding up the finish spraying - without going into any "revealing" details, though an integral part - they do not need but a few seconds to install on the finished MIKRADLE.

So, I guess you can say I've "carboncased" the posting of the photos, but I've not delayed any shipping time. This is out of my control - the parts could not be ordered until I first had "in hand" a dummy Incredible, and that was only late last week. I faxed in my order for these components as soon as I had verified dimensions, which was Friday.

But meanwhile, this is good - like my Dad always says - "anticipation is 90% of the pleasure of getting a new toy"! mikey
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Re: New Dock - Evolution Series For INCREDIBLE

Mikey, I will wait for the photos with everyone else. I am as patient as a guy who is #22 in line of the original CC's.......... ;-)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Geoff

9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    Mikey, I will wait for the photos with everyone else. I am as patient as a guy who is #22 in line of the original CC's.......... ;-)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks Mr. 22!!

If these parts don't arrive today, after I commit suicide I will maybe go ahead and post pix without them, but using similar components I do have in stock. I don't really want to do this as my stock pieces are not quite the aesthetic appeal I was seeking. I'll play it by ear. Dang UPS! They sometimes don't get here until 5:30, and I have to leave by 5:00 for my bowling league tonight... Every truck driving by the shop has me running to the door...
    Maybe I'll be taking pictures as I pack the shipping boxes tomorrow.. mikey
  10. BzB
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    hey, no rush. it's not like we've already paid you for it. lol

add me to the list as another interested member.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links