DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mikradle facebook challenge!

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09

Exclamation Mikradle facebook challenge!

MIKRADLE
    THE ULTIMATE SMARTPHONE DOCKING EXPERIENCE

IS HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE OUR
    FACEBOOK CHALLENGE!

Mikradle facebook challenge!-blackleftside.jpgMikradle facebook challenge!-blackface.jpgMikradle facebook challenge!-blackrightside.jpg

We will be giving out a
    FREE CLASSIC SERIES
    MIKRADLE
    (color by winner choice) to (2) winners of our

MIKRADLE FACEBOOK CHALLENGE.

Qualifications for the contest are simple with only two requirements:
    #1 - You must be a Fan on our MIKRADLE FACEBOOK PAGE.
    #2 - You must post a short comment here in this thread stating the single most desired feature (1 only) you would like to see in future designs of our product lineup. Your droidforums.net user name will be used for entry into this contest drawing.

Multiple posts are welcome from anyone wishing to contribute, but only those persons that are a MIKRADLE FACEBOOK PAGE Fan (at least 24 hours prior to the Contest Winner Drawing) will be considered eligible for any prizes.

MIKRADLE FACEBOOK FAN HERE:
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/MIKRADLE-The-Ultimate-Smartphone-Docking-Experience-Covers-Allowed/360393864836?ref=ts

MIKRADLE is continuously striving to improve our product line - and your comments may possibly be instrumental in the development and design of future MIKRADLE models. Customer Satisfaction is our number one goal with our wish to deliver exactly what our customers desire.
    This Contest is a venue to make your wishes known.

The (2) winners will be chosen by random drawings. Should a winning entry not be a confirmed MIKRADLE FACEBOOK PAGE Fan at least 24 hours prior to the date of the random drawings, another winner will be selected. Entry comments for the contest can be submitted beginning today, March 19, 2010 up until the Contest closing at midnight (EST) on Friday, April 16, 2010.

Winners (user name) will be posted here on droidforums.net at 1:00 pm, Sunday, April 18, 2010. Winners will have one week to contact me by personal message to confirm they are indeed a Facebook Fan, and to give their choice of color and their shipping address. If a winner does not contact me within that time period, a replacement winner will be chosen after 1:00 pm, Sunday, April 25, 2010, by another random drawing and posted by 5:00 pm that same day with another week to contact me. No more winners will be chosen after that second week has ended.
    A Facebook Fan list will be compiled 24 hours prior to the initial drawing date to ensure eligibility of entries. When a droidforums.net user name is drawn as a winner and contacts me - he/she will have to supply me with their Facebook Fan name so that I can check that list for confirmation they had become a fan prior to the drawing date as stated herein.
    No substitutions, cash value or credit for another prize will be given - only a
    CLASSIC SERIES MIKRADLE in a choice of any one of our five currently available colors will be used as a prize for this contest. One 6' MicroUSB Cable will be issued with each prize. Free shipping via USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL will be used to send out the winning prize (within 5 business days of winner supplying me with a valid shipping address). Free shipping for 48 Continental States only. All others must pay actual shipping fees, and will be responsible for any taxes, duties, tariffs, etc.

I thank all for their interest and look forward to some very interesting and innovative comments relative to a wish list for our MIKRADLE products! mike
    Last edited by cuskit; 03-19-2010 at 02:31 AM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola R2D2 Droid
    Hello,

It was not easy trying to come up with a feature that you have already not included. But, after some thought, an "adjustable" tilt feature would be something that I would find handy. It would be good if you could have the screen at a different tilt in different situations. For example - one tilt on my desk and a different tilt if I use it on my bedside table. This would just make it a little easier to see the screen in different situations.

Thanks for reading

Edit -- I just thought of something else that would be a useful addition -> I think maybe an option or add-on that would allow the Droid to sit vertically in the dock would be a good idea.
    Last edited by Sprank1; 03-19-2010 at 10:38 AM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Great contest. Ima fb fan.

A great addition would be a holder for the usb cord that would let you drop the phone in to the cradle to connect. I know that has to be perplexing with all of the different covers out there. Mine cover is the VZW cover/windshield mount combo. The nub on the back makes it even that more difficult, I am sure.
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    As stated in the previous thread id like to see a spot to hold the charging cord and also think non slip material on the legs of the cradle and soft non scratch lining where the phone sits would be a good idea instead of just sitting the phone on hard wood!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I would love to see a feature that makes the stand telescope!!! Now that would be awesome!! J/K, I actually would think that some type of clip for the cable would be just what the MIKRADLE needs.....
    Last edited by cuskit; 03-31-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Logo
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Am I assuming that the MIKRADLE is pretty much a perfect execution as far as designed features are concerned?

With the addition of a cable retaining clip and possibly bumpered feet - I guess the MIKRADLE needs no improvement! mike
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It leans too far back for me. I'd prefer it to be more upright (or adjustable tilt, though that leaves room for instability)
    >^,,^<
    www.opalcat.com (barcode below)

Droid 3, free custom icons

NEW! Test my new free Bubble Wrap App! Feedback in this thread.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by OpalCat View Post
    It leans too far back for me. I'd prefer it to be more upright (or adjustable tilt, though that leaves room for instability)
    I'll tell you - when first coming up with that angle I use (45 degrees) I had about a half dozen prototypes with a swiveling backrest (for research only). I had several coworkers use them for about two weeks, and at the end of that time the unanimous vote was the 45 degree. I eliminated the adjustable angle as I wanted a platform that was solid and secure. An adjustable angle brings all kinds of other issue with it, so the decision was to go with the permanent angle.

Here at my office - it seems perfect with where it sits on my desk relative to my chair position. But at home, the MIKRADLE on my night table could be more upright for better viewing from our bed. My home desk seems okay - I never seemed to find myself wishing for more or less angle there.

I've had two other buyers relate feedback to me stating the possibility of a different angle (nor sure if memory serves me right if they want more or less). But this is why I've created this thread - I've sold tons of these now and have had really nothing but compliments. Nice to receive that, but being nice (which every single customer has been) doesn't help with future design work! And as I'm considering adding other models in the (far) future - I want to know exactly what all of you would put on a wish list - so, here ya go! Thanks for the input. Hopefully others will chime in. I can easily change the angle if enough requests warrant this. But like you state, it is limited given the increased possibility of the phone falling forward if the angle is too steep.

I may also send out a survey (via email) to all past buyers for feedback after this contest is over to verify possible changes from actual users of MIKRADLE.

For now - with the overwhelming response I've had (given the amount of sales) - I'm not considering any drastic changes - apparently that is not warranted at this point. And I've got more than 70 buyers who have come back afterward and purchased a second or third model with no requests for changes. I feel very good about this. Especially given that the MIKRADLE has been on the market for exactly three months now! I'm proud of the community that has formed around this product, and the very complimenting words of thanks I've received from the hundreds who have bought from me.

Thanks for stepping forward! mike
    Last edited by cuskit; 03-31-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Logo
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yeah I don't have a desk, so the only place I'd use it is on the nightstand while in bed, and that angle would pretty much make it useless for me.
    >^,,^<
    www.opalcat.com (barcode below)

Droid 3, free custom icons

NEW! Test my new free Bubble Wrap App! Feedback in this thread.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Well, I would not say useless - you'd be surprised how bright the screen is when in a darkened room! But - all beds are not the same height, nor is there a standard for night table height (I build tons of those with my custom furniture). What works for one setup might be totally wrong for the next..

Hmm. I have to tread carefully when responding here. As the inventor and major designer of MIKRADLE I'm having a natural instinct to become defensive when reading these posts! I have to tell myself these are not complaints - just positive advice that I asked for myself! But I have to ask if you are an owner of a MIKRADLE? I have to apologize as I don't know all owners by their user name, which is different than their buying name. I only ask this as the viewing angle would be difficult to interpret as good or bad without actually having one to physically try. The photos can be very misleading.

By the way - off subject - but I see you are from the Boston suburbs. I lived in Revere for two years way back in the day. I met my wife there, her family lived in Winthrop. We visit relatives there quite often (she comes from a very large Italian family), and they are spread all over - including East Boston, Peabody, Revere, Saugus, Chelsea and Salem to mention a few. I really enjoyed my time up there as well as the annual visits. Very historical and educational - I am quite impressed with the area given the history of that region. If my wife has her say - someday we will be moving back up there (we live in Jersey now).

Anyway - thanks for your thoughts! mike
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links