DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mikradle facebook challenge!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't own it, no, but I have propped my Droid up at many different angles on my nightstand (and made several "fake docks" out of plastic cups and such) and found that the closer to vertical that it is, the more I like it. Much of an angle and it starts to reflect light from the lamps/ceiling and so on if I'm reading in bed, and the angle just annoys me if I'm sleeping and wake up to look at the clock.

I had the Verizon dock for a couple of weeks but returned it when I got my Seidio case. I liked the angle of that one alright.
    >^,,^<
    www.opalcat.com (barcode below)

Droid 3, free custom icons

NEW! Test my new free Bubble Wrap App! Feedback in this thread.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Quote Originally Posted by OpalCat View Post
    I don't own it, no, but I have propped my Droid up at many different angles on my nightstand (and made several "fake docks" out of plastic cups and such) and found that the closer to vertical that it is, the more I like it. Much of an angle and it starts to reflect light from the lamps/ceiling and so on if I'm reading in bed, and the angle just annoys me if I'm sleeping and wake up to look at the clock.

I had the Verizon dock for a couple of weeks but returned it when I got my Seidio case. I liked the angle of that one alright.

Then you should also like the MIKRADLE. It has the same viewing angle as the Motorola dock (Verizon)... mike
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (toro)
    I would suggest that you encase the bottom, so that it is solid wood. But the make a hole for the usb cable and then fill it with a type of wood putty so that the port becomes immovable. this would help keep the droid "secure" in the "kradle" and give it move of a docking station feel while keeping all the awesomeness of the MIKRADLE!!!!

Sidebar: Mike love my MIKRADLE, I'll hopefully get one from you in red soon for my wife.
    Last edited by cuskit; 03-31-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Logo
    Still MY MIKRADLE!
    Galaxy Nexus: AOKP MR1
    D1 : DarkEdge 2.2 Blue
    Droid X: Meh
    Incredible 2: AOKP Build 6

<--Support Phreakmods.com and help this KICKSTARTER!!!
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post
    I would suggest that you encase the bottom, so that it is solid wood. But the make a hole for the usb cable and then fill it with a type of wood putty so that the port becomes immovable. this would help keep the droid "secure" in the "kradle" and give it move of a docking station feel while keeping all the awesomeness of the MIKRADLE!!!!

Sidebar: Mike love my MIKRADLE, I'll hopefully get one from you in red soon for my wife.
    Thanks for the advice (have you been looking in the window at our new designs)?

Whenever you are redy for another MIKRADLE - I'm redy to ship one out! MIKRADLE repeat buyers are the BEST! mike
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (toro)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuskit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post

Thanks for the advice (have you been looking in the window at our new designs)?

Whenever you are redy for another MIKRADLE - I'm redy to ship one out! MIKRADLE repeat buyers are the BEST! mike

LMBO!! No Mike I have not been spying on you, .
    My father-in-law used to do all types of wood work, had every tool known to man, so I picked up a little bit here and there.
    Once i get my early upgrade for my wife I will be hitting you up.
    Still MY MIKRADLE!
    Galaxy Nexus: AOKP MR1
    D1 : DarkEdge 2.2 Blue
    Droid X: Meh
    Incredible 2: AOKP Build 6

<--Support Phreakmods.com and help this KICKSTARTER!!!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    First, love my 2 MIKRADLES (one for upstairs and one for downstairs).

I agree with all the other folks who have voted for a usb connector that lets you just drop your Droid into the cradle.
    Last edited by cuskit; 03-31-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Logo
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Adjustable USB connector

A USB connector that is adjustable so that it will acommodate the bare Droid up to the Droid with the extended capacity battery and the Seidio case. Mount the USB connecor on a 24 gauge stainless steel slide that is held in a shallow rabbit in the base. The total min-max shift to accommodate all combinations is a bit less than 12mm.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    My ideas are the feet and dock for the charging cable too. I am actually going to put feet on when i get mine. I would love to win a free one for my desk..thanks!!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Ohh and how about a Car Kradle?? I know you can do it....might take a few bit more materials and some digging up of plastic.

SS
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sorry if I am full ideas that might be good or not, but how about a lined model. Felt or leather lined inside. Or whatever you decide...just for a more gentle touch.

Expand the line to include other Docks for other produckts...even though they might not have the desired multimedia mode features.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links