DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mikradle Review

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member

Mikradle Review

...Is forthcoming. I just got mine in the mail today, and while I already have a lot of great things to say about it, I'll save them until I have marinated on it a bit.

First impressions are that this thing is way cooler than I expected it to be. Very well thought out and executed. I'm impressed.

So give me some time to use it and I'll get back to you guys with a full review. I'll edit this post at that time.

-----------------EDIT-----------------

Ok, sorry it has taken so long for me to get a good review up.. I've had a LOT going on recently. It's a lot of long stories that aren't worth hearing/telling.. Anyway, here goes.

This dock is fantastic... The build quality is really outstanding, and I mean that in every way possible. The craftsmanship is perfect, the finish is smooth as glass, the cutouts are in the right places.. It is just generally very well thought out. Not only does it look sharp, it is really easy to use. I know that sounds ridiculous to say because it is "just a dock", but the beauty of it is it's size. With (some) other docks you have to fight to get your droid in and either get the cable in place, or line up the USB connection.. Not this one. It is big enough (read: roomy enough) that you can just drop it in without giving it too much attention or thought. I don't use mine for charging that much, so it's just a matter of setting it in the dock for me. I use it on my desk to hold my droid up for reading / sending texts mostly.

I really really like this thing. I'm going to edit it a bit though, I can't leave well enough alone with anything.. All I'm going to do is add something to the bottom "feet" to keep it from sliding around. It is a smooth surface on the bottom, and my desk (until yesterday) was a plastic folding table. No good. I may not have to with the new desk (we'll see), but I thought it was worth mentioning.

In short, I love it! I'll get some pics up when I get my camera back. Can't take pictures of the droid with the droid, and the camera on it sucks anyway.
    Last edited by Sam; 03-31-2010 at 10:42 AM.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Oh I meant to mention.. The reason I went ahead and posted is so that I could take questions about it or specific picture requests... Anyone?
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Oh I meant to mention.. The reason I went ahead and posted is so that I could take questions about it or specific picture requests... Anyone?
    OK, I'll bite. It's probably a 'girl' question, but what color did you get? (I've been secretly checking out the red one - don't tell cuskit.) Just wondering how it looks in person?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Id like one, it's just my funds ain't right rite now
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I think I'll wait for MIKRADLE II, the one where you can drop your droid in instead of fumbling with the power cord. Besides what would I do with my Verizon mm dock bought on launch day.
    Last edited by cuskit; 03-21-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: MIKRADLE LOGO
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post
    OK, I'll bite. It's probably a 'girl' question, but what color did you get? (I've been secretly checking out the red one - don't tell cuskit.) Just wondering how it looks in person?
    Quote Originally Posted by omnibus View Post
    I think I'll wait for MIKRADLE II, the one where you can drop your droid in instead of fumbling with the power cord. Besides what would I do with my Verizon mm dock bought on launch day.
    Anne, I got a black one.. wasn't feeling brave. i got black because everything on my desk is black (which is white) and i like the contrast. i know, i'm a girl.

omnibus, i assume your droid is nekkid for the verizon dock.. i'm actually using mine on my desk where i don't charge it, it's more of a display thing for me. if you aren't using a case, you may not need one... but it's so...... solid. and i mean that in the 70's sense of the word, not only its actual build quality.
    Last edited by cuskit; 03-21-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: MIKRADLE LOGO
    -Respect is rule #1
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Sam - I just today noticed this thread. Thanks so much for your support! While you are marinating on a more in depth review - I'm gonna have a marinated 18 ounce seared steak tonight to celebrate the endorsement by one of the newest members of the MIKRADLE OWNERS CLUB! Thanks!

Jeez - I just realized my age when I instantly knew what you meant with the "solid" word.. mike
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post

AnneDroid
    , Okay, I'll be careful not to tell myself I read your post..

Seriously - if your color is red - I'm introducing soon two new "solid" colors to the lineup - Solid White and Solid Red.. (as opposed to the Cherry "wood grain" that you are probably referring to)

Should you be redy to order - I'm redy to send you a MIKRADLE in the newest colors! mike
    Last edited by cuskit; 03-31-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Logo
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hi Anne,

I have a cherry MIKRADLE, which I love. It's a darkish cherry-wood red, not a bright cherry-fruit red, if that makes sense. Fits right in with my living room decor.
    Last edited by cuskit; 03-31-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Logo
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by dasseattle View Post
    Hi Anne,

I have a cherry MIKRADLE, which I love. It's a darkish cherry-wood red, not a bright cherry-fruit red, if that makes sense. Fits right in with my living room decor.
    Thanks, dasseattle! Yeah, I really think I like the cherry stained one better than the thought of solid red, but don't tell that pesky cuskit!
    Thanks for the help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links