Great work devs!!
MavROM is indeed something that makes you don't look back to stock once tried!
I installed it couple of days ago to my XT860 (Bell Canada). Thanks to a fellow user over @XDA build.prop is adjusted for it and the proper ril library is added. Data and everything works perfect.
I would like to report few issues I noticed:
- I can't seem to add Yahoo email to the accounts. Always says login failure. I don't see dedicated Hotmail account services, I am pretty sure stock rom had Hotmail too.
- Theme colors (I'm using ICS theme) might need slight adjustment - in the list email senders are listed with white and since background is light grey, email names are almost indistinguishable. Another place where white font is used is when adding account - once you're out of that field, field which has white background looks completely blank
- I can't seem to create email widget on screen - upon selecting which account I want on the widget, process Email forcecloses and no widget gets created. I tried creating some custom shortcuts with xShortcut and got similar problem - app says shortcut created, but no shortcut appears on the home screen. ALogcat says "W/ApplicationContext( 338): Unable to create files directory", I suspect email FC and this might be related as logcat says same for that.
Still can't believe how well you guys made GB to mimic ICS! Hats down!!
First off. Thank you very much! Answers to your thoughts.Originally Posted by leobg
1. I've never been able to add yahoo to the email app. Not sure why. Even on my d1.
2. There is an ics theme in the mav toolbox. The stock theme is unique and will stay the way it is.
3. This could be due to it may not have deodexed correctly. I'll look into this.
Happy to hear you are all enjoying the rom. Also please remember to click installed and all that in the OP.
Well..i had a very very pleasant surprise. Somehow the wifi tether works. Congrats. This makes the rom perfect.
I don know how..or what has been made to it. The only difference i made since 3.5 is that i installed some ics rom with safestrap. But after some time i returned to mavrom and deleted ics. I heard cases when mavrom wifi tether worked after installed steel droid rom.
Very good job for this rom.waiting for 4.5 or 5.0 and o donation will be sent
Now that .906 has been released officially, would this work?:
1) Make backup(nan) of mavrom 4.0 with bootstrap
2) SBF back to stock .890
3) flash .906
4) root with motofail and install bootstrap
5) restore mavrom 4.0 backup
Or would you recommend doing a fresh install after installing the .906 update?
Actually if you want the 906 base and and kernel you will have to sbf and install the OTA. If all you are interested in is the 906 system, just keep Mav as is. Just keep in mind that you will NOT be able to do a full sbf if you flash the 906 ota until new fast boot files are leaked.