DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V3.0

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
    Okay so let's get to it...
    I have been running the 3.0 rom since its release now..
    I sbfd to get a nice clean base of 5.7.894 then installed modded safestrap (thanks to rick#2) and installed 3.0 to the safe system..
    I really wish I had some bugs or problems to report but so far everything is running just to damb good.
    please allow us to edit the pulldown text in future builds..I know you want to advertise your rom but you already have it in phone info in the settings menu of phone..
    Also how about including android-wifi-teather in future builds as well? Free teathering without having to tweak your radio! And yeas it does work with mav 3.0
    awesome work guys..
    Last edited by ovelayer; 02-06-2012 at 01:13 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Nah I was on Liberty, did a straight install and couldn't update google search so I wiped data. Everything else has been good except I just noticed the alarm bug so I need to apply that update later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by buckmarble View Post
    Did you come from an ICS build?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Just use 24h clock.. better anyway! trolollolol
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    lol, I'll consider that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubleyoupee View Post
    Just use 24h clock.. better anyway! trolollolol
    Sorry for noobing up the place, I tried searching, what happned to the default voice command service? If I can't get that back is there any way to map a single press on my BT headset to another function? Like say google's voice commands?
    Last edited by majatt; 02-06-2012 at 04:08 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid3
    is anyone else having bluetooth issues? i have had the same device and same kenwood stereo on my car. have never had any issues until running this rom. stock blur, liberty rom and now this one. so i dont think its the device or the stereo. the issue i have is that i cannot get it to pair up over handsfree profile at all. i got it to connect a couple times, but it immediately disconnected. most of the time i can get it to pair up over a2dp. when i do, i have to initiate pairing from stereo. never with phone. tried checking and unchecking all boxes in BT settings. deleted stereo from phone. deleted phone from stereo. same results. also, i can never get it to auto pair, even over a2dp.

anyhow, this is how i went from liberty to maverick:

full system, apps, data back up with titanium
    sms back up
    safestrap 1.06
    "un safe mode"
    rebooted in to stock blur
    went back in to safe strap an re enabled safe mode
    rebooted back in to liberty
    installed from zip
    wiped data/factory reset
    booted in to maverick
    performed full system, apps, data restore from titanium

everything seems to be working fine except the BT. i had a feeling that maybe some weird bits may have been translated over from liberty when i did system data restore in titanium. so i just did another wipe/factory reset in safe strap. i'm in the middle of restoring apps, data only. not restoring system settings from titanium. hopefully that fixes it. just wondering what you guys thought if i'm not successful. this is kind of a big deal. i use BT virtually every day. i seem to find bugs with any rom i run. contemplating going back to blur and debloating. with some speed hacks.

-edit-

blah... i just realized that by selecting restore all apps and data, it was system data. i fail. if this doesnt work, i'll probably wait and safe boot to stock rom unless there's a fix.
    Last edited by dtr3030; 02-07-2012 at 12:10 AM.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ovelayer View Post
    Also how about including android-wifi-teather in future builds as well? Free teathering without having to tweak your radio! And yeas it does work with mav 3.0
    awesome work guys..
    this idea would make this ROM perfect. i cannot use the radio hack, because i understood its onlyo for CDAM, so BT tether is the only way...but still...a wifi tether would be awesome.

best ROM so far, no doubt about it. congrats to the developers!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dtr3030 View Post
    is anyone else having bluetooth issues? i have had the same device and same kenwood stereo on my car. have never had any issues until running this rom. stock blur, liberty rom and now this one. so i dont think its the device or the stereo. the issue i have is that i cannot get it to pair up over handsfree profile at all. i got it to connect a couple times, but it immediately disconnected. most of the time i can get it to pair up over a2dp. when i do, i have to initiate pairing from stereo. never with phone. tried checking and unchecking all boxes in BT settings. deleted stereo from phone. deleted phone from stereo. same results. also, i can never get it to auto pair, even over a2dp.

anyhow, this is how i went from liberty to maverick:

full system, apps, data back up with titanium
    sms back up
    safestrap 1.06
    "un safe mode"
    rebooted in to stock blur
    went back in to safe strap an re enabled safe mode
    rebooted back in to liberty
    installed from zip
    wiped data/factory reset
    booted in to maverick
    -edit-

blah... i just realized that by selecting restore all apps and data, it was system data. i fail. if this doesnt work, i'll probably wait and safe boot to stock rom unless there's a fix.
    My bluetooth seems to work fine and I caution you about the titanium backup. Restoring sys app & data is dangerous (especially going one rom to another). User apps and data you should be safe, but don't let it restore system ones. If your trying to save your texts and stuff like that, there are 3rd party apps that will do it for you.
    I would try the wipe again and don't restore everything, see if that works.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  8. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    vbhokiefan
    Phone
    OG / D3 / S3 / ?
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtr3030 View Post
    Yep, this is where everything went bad. I have a guide around here somewhere about using TiBu to restore. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.
    TEAM MAVERICK FTW
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    xAndroidArmyx
    Phone
    Droid 3 MavRom 2.5
    Quote Originally Posted by bogdan_wrc View Post
    this idea would make this ROM perfect. i cannot use the radio hack, because i understood its onlyo for CDAM, so BT tether is the only way...but still...a wifi tether would be awesome.

best ROM so far, no doubt about it. congrats to the developers!
    Due to this rom having a base build of Moto's 592, using Wifi-Tether is blocked by settings.apk. This was an attempt to stop people from tethering the phone straight out of the box (Verizon's doing, not Maverick). To tether you will have to hack the radio using the TBH inspired method. Afterwards you will use the Verizon Hotspot app with no trouble to tether. It looks hard, but it really is not, the guy who wrote it added alot of fluff and fun to not to bore you. The only other method is to install wifi garden and connect via Bluetooth, but I do not know if that would work. Hashcodes CM7/9 roms are the only ones that I know of that work with wifi tether.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusishere View Post
    Due to this rom having a base build of Moto's 592, using Wifi-Tether is blocked by settings.apk. .
    i knew that but i was hoping to get the tether also on this ROM, because i like it a lot.

the method described in that topic is available ONLY for CDMA. i am using GSM
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Links