DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Market unbearably slow.

Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Market unbearably slow.

Hey guys...ive been searching for a while on the forums and havent found a solution yet. Running newest kang, installed the market fix, but searching/browsing the market is just soooo slow. its not syncing or anything. its been running plenty long. i really like kangerade but if i can't fix this i don't know what to do! any ideas?

3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatisandwas View Post
    Hey guys...ive been searching for a while on the forums and havent found a solution yet. Running newest kang, installed the market fix, but searching/browsing the market is just soooo slow. its not syncing or anything. its been running plenty long. i really like kangerade but if i can't fix this i don't know what to do! any ideas?

Been there a couple of times. Its a pain, but don't worry about it until its like that 3-4 days. The first time it lasted about 2.5 days. Last time it lasted about the same. It is almost like it is struggling to get sync'd up or something but then one morning it was just as fast as ever.

I have not applied the market fix. I did the previous time. The fix will make your phone appear as a 2.1 android phone to the market instead of a 2.2 phone. That is not causing the slowness. The fix is so certain apps show up again for you. I also know someone who had terrible luck with Pandora on 2.2 so used the fix to get a 2.1 version. This was a week or so ago though so for all I know Pandora has fixed their issue for 2.2 phones.

I'd recommend sticking with your rom, but reinstalling it without the market fix unless there was some other reason you applied that fix.

Save this thread, when it gets faster, let us know

hang in there!
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    For the record, I've also noticed the same thing. Wait it out, and it should fix itself.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    trying clearing the markets data and cache
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by chewy74 View Post
    I've done this before and it doesn't make a difference. Also, clearing the market data screws up all of your downloads.

This happens to me whenever I switch roms, and it always takes a few days to speed up. I have no idea why. My wife also has a droid and she does not have this problem. I have a ton of apps, so I'm guessing that may have something to do with it, but I don't know. It really is strange.
  7. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nyijedi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chewy74 View Post
    I've done this before and it doesn't make a difference. Also, clearing the market data screws up all of your downloads.

This happens to me whenever I switch roms, and it always takes a few days to speed up. I have no idea why. My wife also has a droid and she does not have this problem. I have a ton of apps, so I'm guessing that may have something to do with it, but I don't know. It really is strange.

I've experienced slowness when accessing the market for quite sometime. Two days ago, I cleared the cache and noticed quicker access. Today, however, the slowness has returned.

Mike
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I don't believe it - after MONTHS of suffering from this problem after switching roms, I finally found a fix. Here it is:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [FIX] Slow market on froyo (SocketTimeoutException)

Just replace your vending file with the one in this post and voila, the market is fast again (at least it is in my case).
  9. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nyijedi View Post
    I don't believe it - after MONTHS of suffering from this problem after switching roms, I finally found a fix. Here it is:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [FIX] Slow market on froyo (SocketTimeoutException)

Just replace your vending file with the one in this post and voila, the market is fast again (at least it is in my case).
    Thanks for the tip!

Links