DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 242

Thread: Kangerade 6.0.11 - Pre Release.

  1. Droid
    xlinth's Avatar
    Member #
    85300
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    samsung fascinate-rooted
    i have been flashing roms for about 2 yrs now...and a long time ago on xda forums a dev told me to wipe 3 times (when i had my mytouch) just to be sure. i dont know why but i have always had very little problems if i do it that way. i dont like rom manager because it dont give you that option. the 2 times i used it i had issues with the roms. easy fixes though, but annoying (like the problem you had). so i always reboot into recovery, wipe all three , 3 times. (delvak,cache,and system). do a nandroid and try it that way and manually reinstall ur apps and see what happens. there is nothing like a fresh install of everything...for some reason speed is always better that way. if it doesnt work ...no harm done just restore nan backup and your back to where you are now.
    "Education never ends. It is a series of lessons with the greatest for last."
    .....Sherlock Holmes

    Samsung Fascinate -rooted
    Rom: stock ...maybe Project Elite if i can help port it
    theme: none yet...
    Dpi mod by mrpotatohead99 (makes your android phone appear to have a higher resolution)
    (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-tutorial.html)
    "I miss my droid only because I miss Project Elite"
  2. Droid
    durrell's Avatar
    Member #
    80559
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    40
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I haven't wiped once since I jumped to 2.2, although I've only been on stock 2.2 and then 4 versions of Kangerade now. Wiping three times seems like a whole lot of overkill. To each his own, though.
  3. Droid
    chmcclellan's Avatar
    Member #
    78911
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    49
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    JRummy-
    You are killing it! Still on the stock kernal and this is super fast/smooth - will probably try one of ChevyNo1s this afternoon.

    As for releasing themed versions vs. waiting, save yourself the time. To be honest, after coming off a string of themed Kangerade and CM6 versions, its somewhat refreshing to be back to the stock theme.
    CM 7.1 - FUTUREPROOFED
    - Deprimed Kernel @ 1100 mhz, 68 vsel
    - v6 Supercharger
    - Link2SD with ext4 partition
    - Compcache w/ backing swap partition

    Thanks to Prime, Zepplinrox, GodfatherIP, and all the others who have given me the power to keep the OG Droid humming along.
  4. Master Droid
    DanDroidX's Avatar
    Member #
    87034
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Mexico, The Land of Entrapment
    Posts
    415
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus CDMA, OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by xlinth View Post
    i have been flashing roms for about 2 yrs now...and a long time ago on xda forums a dev told me to wipe 3 times (when i had my mytouch) just to be sure. i dont know why but i have always had very little problems if i do it that way. i dont like rom manager because it dont give you that option. the 2 times i used it i had issues with the roms. easy fixes though, but annoying (like the problem you had). so i always reboot into recovery, wipe all three , 3 times. (delvak,cache,and system). do a nandroid and try it that way and manually reinstall ur apps and see what happens. there is nothing like a fresh install of everything...for some reason speed is always better that way. if it doesnt work ...no harm done just restore nan backup and your back to where you are now.
    I wiped 3x data, cache, & dalvik. The difference is amazing.

    Sent from my Droid using an internal neurocellular processing unit

    Sync your files online and across computers and your Android with Dropbox. Instant photo uploads and cloud galleries. Share uploaded files with a link or collaborate documents with other Dropbox users. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/BOgwUVW


    I don't have a DX, it's just a name. Made it before the DX existed,oops
    !
  5. Developer
    jrummy16's Avatar
    Member #
    31454
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,213
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I decided to wait for this leak to pop up and use the proprietary files and gapps from it. This "test" version runs great though so enjoy it until I can cook up a newer version. I was suppose to get the leak early yesterday but I guess that didn't happen :'( Should be out today and I'll try to cook something up before I go on a cruise next week
  6. Droid
    durrell's Avatar
    Member #
    80559
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    40
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I think that's the best idea.
  7. Senior Droid
    vmann32's Avatar
    Member #
    60489
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Spokane,Wa
    Posts
    179
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    good idea JRUM we can mess with this one for a bit.Lets hope we can get the themed ones of the new leak before the cruise.thanks again
  8. Junior Droid
    cjlawson's Avatar
    Member #
    42769
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I tried to search for Moxier Mail in the market and it is not found.
  9. Developer
    jrummy16's Avatar
    Member #
    31454
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,213
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjlawson View Post
    I tried to search for Moxier Mail in the market and it is not found.
    Have to change your build.prop to ESE81 build fingerprint. It was in the 5091.. guess I'll have to change it back to ESE81 for the release.
  10. Senior Droid
    Dr.Soul's Avatar
    Member #
    78392
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jackson, TN
    Posts
    173
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDroidX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xlinth View Post
    i have been flashing roms for about 2 yrs now...and a long time ago on xda forums a dev told me to wipe 3 times (when i had my mytouch) just to be sure. i dont know why but i have always had very little problems if i do it that way. i dont like rom manager because it dont give you that option. the 2 times i used it i had issues with the roms. easy fixes though, but annoying (like the problem you had). so i always reboot into recovery, wipe all three , 3 times. (delvak,cache,and system). do a nandroid and try it that way and manually reinstall ur apps and see what happens. there is nothing like a fresh install of everything...for some reason speed is always better that way. if it doesnt work ...no harm done just restore nan backup and your back to where you are now.
    I wiped 3x data, cache, & dalvik. The difference is amazing.

    Sent from my Droid using an internal neurocellular processing unit
    what is dalvik? and where do I find it? what does it remove? when I boot into recovery all I see is data and cache.
    HTC Thuderbolt running Perfect Storm
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Beta testers?
    By Guitar4542 in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 11:18 AM
  2. thanks testers
    By xlch in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 08:13 PM
  3. Testers Needed
    By jrummy16 in forum LithiumMod
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 05:58 PM
  4. Looking for beta testers
    By radiothomas in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 02:01 PM

Search tags for this page

download kangerade stable
,
install blackice rom kangarade
,
jrummy droid kangerade 6
,

kangarade 6.0

,

kangerade 6.0.11

,

kangerade gingerbread

,

latest kangerade rom 6.0.11

,
mrpotatohead99
,
washington kangarade
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+