DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Kangerade 6.0.11 - Pre Release.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung fascinate-rooted
    i have been flashing roms for about 2 yrs now...and a long time ago on xda forums a dev told me to wipe 3 times (when i had my mytouch) just to be sure. i dont know why but i have always had very little problems if i do it that way. i dont like rom manager because it dont give you that option. the 2 times i used it i had issues with the roms. easy fixes though, but annoying (like the problem you had). so i always reboot into recovery, wipe all three , 3 times. (delvak,cache,and system). do a nandroid and try it that way and manually reinstall ur apps and see what happens. there is nothing like a fresh install of everything...for some reason speed is always better that way. if it doesnt work ...no harm done just restore nan backup and your back to where you are now.
    "Education never ends. It is a series of lessons with the greatest for last."
    .....Sherlock Holmes

Samsung Fascinate -rooted
    Rom: stock ...maybe Project Elite if i can help port it
    theme: none yet...
    Dpi mod by mrpotatohead99 (makes your android phone appear to have a higher resolution)
    (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-tutorial.html)
    "I miss my droid only because I miss Project Elite"
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I haven't wiped once since I jumped to 2.2, although I've only been on stock 2.2 and then 4 versions of Kangerade now. Wiping three times seems like a whole lot of overkill. To each his own, though.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    JRummy-
    You are killing it! Still on the stock kernal and this is super fast/smooth - will probably try one of ChevyNo1s this afternoon.

As for releasing themed versions vs. waiting, save yourself the time. To be honest, after coming off a string of themed Kangerade and CM6 versions, its somewhat refreshing to be back to the stock theme.
    CM 7.1 - FUTUREPROOFED
    - Deprimed Kernel @ 1100 mhz, 68 vsel
    - v6 Supercharger
    - Link2SD with ext4 partition
    - Compcache w/ backing swap partition

Thanks to Prime, Zepplinrox, GodfatherIP, and all the others who have given me the power to keep the OG Droid humming along.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus CDMA, OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by xlinth View Post
    i have been flashing roms for about 2 yrs now...and a long time ago on xda forums a dev told me to wipe 3 times (when i had my mytouch) just to be sure. i dont know why but i have always had very little problems if i do it that way. i dont like rom manager because it dont give you that option. the 2 times i used it i had issues with the roms. easy fixes though, but annoying (like the problem you had). so i always reboot into recovery, wipe all three , 3 times. (delvak,cache,and system). do a nandroid and try it that way and manually reinstall ur apps and see what happens. there is nothing like a fresh install of everything...for some reason speed is always better that way. if it doesnt work ...no harm done just restore nan backup and your back to where you are now.
    I wiped 3x data, cache, & dalvik. The difference is amazing.

Sent from my Droid using an internal neurocellular processing unit

Sync your files online and across computers and your Android with Dropbox. Instant photo uploads and cloud galleries. Share uploaded files with a link or collaborate documents with other Dropbox users. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/BOgwUVW

I don't have a DX, it's just a name. Made it before the DX existed,oops
    !
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I decided to wait for this leak to pop up and use the proprietary files and gapps from it. This "test" version runs great though so enjoy it until I can cook up a newer version. I was suppose to get the leak early yesterday but I guess that didn't happen :'( Should be out today and I'll try to cook something up before I go on a cruise next week
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I think that's the best idea.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    good idea JRUM we can mess with this one for a bit.Lets hope we can get the themed ones of the new leak before the cruise.thanks again
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I tried to search for Moxier Mail in the market and it is not found.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjlawson View Post
    I tried to search for Moxier Mail in the market and it is not found.
    Have to change your build.prop to ESE81 build fingerprint. It was in the 5091.. guess I'll have to change it back to ESE81 for the release.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDroidX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xlinth View Post
    I wiped 3x data, cache, & dalvik. The difference is amazing.

Sent from my Droid using an internal neurocellular processing unit
    what is dalvik? and where do I find it? what does it remove? when I boot into recovery all I see is data and cache.
    HTC Thuderbolt running Perfect Storm
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links