DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kangerade LWP?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Kangerade LWP?

Hi - I'm a bit of a noob - I have rooted my stock 2.1 droid and overclocked it so far so good.
    I was looking at the great LWP included in the Kangerade ROM and was wondering if there was a way to just put some of those LWPs on my rooted droid - I downloaded the "goodies.zip" file and saw Livewallpaper.apk and tried to install but it didn't work - is there something I'm missing? (DUH there is DEFINITELY something I'm missing...)
    Any help would be met with gratitude.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    go to your goodies file and press whick one you want and should tell you that its moved to a new folder or some shiz like that... then go to your LWP and pick the Nexus One and it should pop up...works for me
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ark(i)tek View Post
    Hi - I'm a bit of a noob - I have rooted my stock 2.1 droid and overclocked it so far so good.
    I was looking at the great LWP included in the Kangerade ROM and was wondering if there was a way to just put some of those LWPs on my rooted droid - I downloaded the "goodies.zip" file and saw Livewallpaper.apk and tried to install but it didn't work - is there something I'm missing? (DUH there is DEFINITELY something I'm missing...)
    after you downloaded the goodies.zip, you need to do
    1. move it to root sd card
    2. rename it to update.zip
    3. boot to recovery ( hold x + power button)
    4. choose instal zip
    5. after reboot, in launcher, ckilk kangerade script then choose livewallpaper
    6. enjoyy
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    open ROM Manager and click on Install ROM from SD Card. Choose goodies.zip and click ok. No need to wipe data and cache. You can create a backup if you want (not needed).

You will then be able to open up Kangerade Scripts and apply one of the lwp's.
    Last edited by bright2018; 07-14-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    Cyanoged DROIDX

Current: ROM CM7 | Theme MotoBlur

Previous: ROM Liberty GB v0.8 | Theme Custom Theme by mr_brady
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by bright2018 View Post
    open ROM Manager and click on Install ROM from SD Card. Choose goodies.zip and click ok. No need to wipe data and cache. You can create a backup if you want (not needed).

OK - I copied the zip onto my SD card - installed through ROM Manager and the phone installed and rebooted.
    Now what? The only thing that happened was my phone slowed down - how do I access the wallpapers?
    Sorry for the need for step by step - but I'm just not that familiar (yet) with the ins and outs.....
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Maybe something is wrong?
    I went to Terminal Emulator
    Typed "su"
    then typed the name of one of the livewallpaper scripts from the zip file and it said it wasn't found.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by bright2018 View Post

OK - I copied the zip onto my SD card - installed through ROM Manager and the phone installed and rebooted.
    Now what? The only thing that happened was my phone slowed down - how do I access the wallpapers?
    Sorry for the need for step by step - but I'm just not that familiar (yet) with the ins and outs.....
    1. open up your app drawer
    2. click on Kangerade Scripts (this comes with all of JRummy's Kangerade ROMS)
    3. chose install lwp
    4. pick the one you would like to install
    5. go back to home screen and choose menu>wallpaper>live wallpapers
    6. your new wallpaper should be under the lwp called neural network
    7. select that lwp and there you go
    Cyanoged DROIDX

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I don't have Kangerade installed - only stock 2.1 rooted. I don't have Kangerade scripts in my app drawer. I only installed the "goodies.zip" not the entire ROM.
    Do I need the entire ROM in order to use the Live Wallpapers?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Maybe something is wrong?
    I went to Terminal Emulator
    Typed "su"
    then typed the name of one of the livewallpaper scripts from the zip file and it said it wasn't found.
    you will have to go to the goodies folder on your sd card and look in there.

open terminal emulator and type:
    cd sdcard/goodies/livewallpapers
    ls

you should see all the lwp's that were installed when you installed the goodies.zip folder
    Cyanoged DROIDX

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    says "can't cd to sdcard/goodies/livewallpapers
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links