I get a fc when I try froyo apps2sd. Kang 1.0
OK. I get into Absolute System. The main screen comes up, and I press on the red minus symbol next to app management. The app management screen comes up in the background, and a sub-menu is in front asking me to identify which location. The default seems to be /data/app/. When I press on the sub-menu it gives me a total of five locations to look for apps that I want to remove with the /data/app/ being the first, and already selected. That is indeed the location of the app I want to remove, but when I hit the /data/app selection, it takes me back to the screen asking me for a location. The only way I can get by that screen is to hit the return button. When I do this, it shows a list of my applications, and their locations. When I scroll to the app I want to remove, it shows it as "/data/app/" on one line, and then right below that it shows "/data//data/com.kevlanche.ilg". When I long press on the app, it tells me that Absolute System has stopped unexpectedly...and I force close...
I like the app, it will definitely be a must have once all the bugs are worked out.
Things I've found:
1) The description under "Goodies Management" bleeds into "Reboot Device" and looks sloppy. I don't think I have any font size modifications currently. Anyone else getting this?
2) I tried to remove an OS pre-installed app, the Amazon MP3 app, using it and it could not. It just says "Failure". I tried to remove form the /system/app folder.
3) I got an FC when I tried to remove a market app when removing from /system/app.
I apologize if these issues were already stated, I quickly went through the previous 4 pages. I'll submit more if I come across any more today. Nice job overall though
I'm up and running again with the same apk that I was using yesterday (version 0.1). I no longer have the issue with connecting to 3g. I have no idea what happened with this but its working fine now.
I noticed while attempting to use the App Management to remove programs that when browsing under /system/app/ when you press on an app to remove it it doesn't always come up with the correct name. For example, I just went to remove Soundback and it comes up with "Remove Contacts?" Pressing Contacts brings up "Remove Chrome to Phone".
system/app was the only folder that did this for me. There were a couple of items at the top of the list that had their correct names associated with removal. I didn't actually remove anything b/c of the naming issues.
BIONIC - Ice Cream Sandwich .246 SafeStrap 3 (ICS/CM10/CodenameAndroid)
Kindle Fire - Jelly Bean 4.1.1 by HashCode
OG DROID DROID CONCEPTS ROMS (looking for ideas to re-purpose this fine device)
2) No, the built-in app manager cannot uninstall it. Come to think of it, I haven't come across an app manager that can. Most just use a script to move/delete the .apk out of the /system/app folder. It didn't FC, just said "failed".
3) Sorry I wasn't clear on that, when I said "market app" I meant a 3rd party app from the market. The regular manager can remove this but it did not uninstall using your app, it FCed.