DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: kernels - battery life with Kangerade

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JP 5.56 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams View Post
    When I initially started using Jrummy's roms a few weeks ago, I was dealing with the same stuff. I wound up going through and adjusting a bunch of settings that seemed to help out quite a bit. Scrolling animations, auto-brightness, and so on were turned off. I also got rid of some widgets that I rarely used. My battery currently will last me a normal day with a bit to spare by the end of the night. For whatever it's worth, I use my quite often throughout the day. I've had better battery life with older roms, no question, but I haven't had many issues making it through the day.
    Heck, I'm just trying to make it through the night, not even using my phone!

I'm hoping that the new 5.0.9 might help some. Got it installed with Chevy ULV1.2 sitting at 400/1000 on demand right now, with sleep at 250/250.

I'll get her all charged up, and disable gps/wifi/sync again before bed and see what happens tonight.
    Personally, I think you should have GPS disabled all of the time unless you're using it for navigating purposes. Just let your location be determined through the wireless network setting. Wifi eats up the battery life as well, so if you're going to bed, I'd recommend turning it off.

I'm not sure why so many people are having issues with the battery life. I'm not saying mine hasn't been reduced since using Kangerade, but to hear that some people have a battery going down to like 50% without being used seems a bit strange to me.
    True if you have WiFi searching it drains the battery, but I think he has WiFi connection which is the reasoning behind having it on. And having WiFi on uses less battery than 3G.

Proud Owner of a HTC Thunderbolt
    3/26/11 - Present

Proud Owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    6/24/11 Present
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Thumbs up Chevy Medium Voltage 1.0mhz

Im using chevy's kernels right now...I used to use ultra low and low but after doing some research I figured medium would be the best. I read that the stock Droid's Kernel is more closely related to Medium voltage than a lower one. My thought process is by lowering it like that your actually forcing the CPU to work harder and use more battery. Ive had great success with my battery so far...except my Gentle Alarm App goes off and if i dont wake up in enough time it kills my battery in minutes! lol. The kernel that comes stock with JRummy's is garbage. I recommend chevy or p3...I clock my to 800 during the day and 1000 if absolutely needed for heavy use(not often that its needed) Im probably wrong about the whole Medium voltage thing but Its working for me and it makes me feel better thinking that! haha

Blueberry Kangerade
    Chevy 1.0
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    mike91908
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    use chevyno1's 1.2 uLV if possible. i left my phone on all night on a full charge and woke up on a full charge. no airplane mode, no nothin. fantastic.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM10 Nightly
    Stonedroid theme by mike919
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Well, I loaded up Chevy's ULV 1.2 yesterday. Gave it a good charge and took it off the charger to let it sit while I slept. I woke up this morning and it was at 80% after about 7 hours. Much better - but I still think it should be better.

I did go into setcpu and set the powersave bias to 100. Working in increments of 100, anything higher made it run very choppy.

It was set to sleep at 250mhz max, with wifi/gps/sync off. I also used System Panel lite to kill most processes. Going to do the same tonight except leave processes running and see what sort of difference I get.

I tried this kernel once before and battery life was pretty bad. I'm wondering if something new in the latest build of Kang has helped it?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by mike919 View Post
    use chevyno1's 1.2 uLV if possible. i left my phone on all night on a full charge and woke up on a full charge. no airplane mode, no nothin. fantastic.
    I'm using Chevy's ULV 1.0GHz OC'd at 800MHz. So far so good, usually his kernels offer me the best battery life at LV. Seems this ROM has different needs though.

Proud Owner of a HTC Thunderbolt
    3/26/11 - Present

Proud Owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    6/24/11 Present
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X (Rooted), Iphone 4 JB.
    Quote Originally Posted by EgooEspada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike919 View Post
    I'm using Chevy's ULV 1.0GHz OC'd at 800MHz. So far so good, usually his kernels offer me the best battery life at LV. Seems this ROM has different needs though.
    Different needs eh?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    i'm using chevyno1's 1.0ghz LV kernel. battery life is pretty decent, even though im overclocked to 250 - 1000...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links