DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: kernels - battery life with Kangerade

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sammy Fascinate
    Are you on the latest baseband, and have you done a *228 option 2 for good measure?

Portfolio
    | My Twitter
    -------------------------------------------------
    Phone: Samsung Fascinate
    Rom: 2.2.1
    Recovery: CM 2.5.1.0
    Theme: Minimalistic
    Phone: Motorola Droid 1 [SOLD]
    Theme: Dark Edge

2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR. BOO
    Phone
    Droid
    When I initially started using Jrummy's roms a few weeks ago, I was dealing with the same stuff. I wound up going through and adjusting a bunch of settings that seemed to help out quite a bit. Scrolling animations, auto-brightness, and so on were turned off. I also got rid of some widgets that I rarely used. My battery currently will last me a normal day with a bit to spare by the end of the night. For whatever it's worth, I use my quite often throughout the day. I've had better battery life with older roms, no question, but I haven't had many issues making it through the day.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams View Post
    When I initially started using Jrummy's roms a few weeks ago, I was dealing with the same stuff. I wound up going through and adjusting a bunch of settings that seemed to help out quite a bit. Scrolling animations, auto-brightness, and so on were turned off. I also got rid of some widgets that I rarely used. My battery currently will last me a normal day with a bit to spare by the end of the night. For whatever it's worth, I use my quite often throughout the day. I've had better battery life with older roms, no question, but I haven't had many issues making it through the day.
    Heck, I'm just trying to make it through the night, not even using my phone!

I'm hoping that the new 5.0.9 might help some. Got it installed with Chevy ULV1.2 sitting at 400/1000 on demand right now, with sleep at 250/250.

I'll get her all charged up, and disable gps/wifi/sync again before bed and see what happens tonight.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostMan View Post
    Are you on the latest baseband, and have you done a *228 option 2 for good measure?
    What is the latest baseband? I am on C_01.3E03P right now.

I'll *228 again, just to be sure (I did it a couple days ago??)
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JP 5.56 View Post

I'm hoping that the new 5.0.9 might help some. Got it installed with Chevy ULV1.2 sitting at 400/1000 on demand right now, with sleep at 250/250.

I'll get her all charged up, and disable gps/wifi/sync again before bed and see what happens tonight.
    Personally, I think you should have GPS disabled all of the time unless you're using it for navigating purposes. Just let your location be determined through the wireless network setting. Wifi eats up the battery life as well, so if you're going to bed, I'd recommend turning it off.

I'm not sure why so many people are having issues with the battery life. I'm not saying mine hasn't been reduced since using Kangerade, but to hear that some people have a battery going down to like 50% without being used seems a bit strange to me.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Another thing I thought of that might be causing some issues for people's battery life: I think a vast majority of us root users use setcpu. With that, people need to make sure that their priority levels are correct (assuming you're using profiles that is.) If they're not done correctly, there's a chance that your phone is constantly running at, let's say 500-1000, even while in sleep mode. Double-check your priority levels!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Personally, I think you should have GPS disabled all of the time unless you're using it for navigating purposes. Just let your location be determined through the wireless network setting. Wifi eats up the battery life as well, so if you're going to bed, I'd recommend turning it off.

I'm not sure why so many people are having issues with the battery life. I'm not saying mine hasn't been reduced since using Kangerade, but to hear that some people have a battery going down to like 50% without being used seems a bit strange to me.
    I leave GPS on all the time, and at least according to the phones battery status page, it shows it uses a very small percent of the battery compared to other things. GPS "on" means its available for use, it does not necessarily mean that it has an active fix on sats and is tracking.

Wifi is only ever on when I am at home. I normally leave Syncing on all the time.

Turning off GPS/Wifi/Sync last night was just me testing to see if they were the culprits draining my battery. Last nights drain was the worst - so obviously they weren't causing it. (Nights before I was down to maybe 70% after letting it sleep all night)

Another thing I thought of that might be causing some issues for people's battery life: I think a vast majority of us root users use setcpu. With that, people need to make sure that their priority levels are correct (assuming you're using profiles that is.) If they're not done correctly, there's a chance that your phone is constantly running at, let's say 500-1000, even while in sleep mode. Double-check your priority levels!
    My screen sleep profile is the only profile I run.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sammy Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostMan View Post
    What is the latest baseband? I am on C_01.3E03P right now.

I'll *228 again, just to be sure (I did it a couple days ago??)
    C_01.43.01P is the latest.

I used this to get up to it from whatever baseband I was on before lol.

[BASEBAND] C_01.43.01P (No Prerequisite Required!)

Portfolio
    | My Twitter
    Phone: Samsung Fascinate
    Rom: 2.2.1
    Recovery: CM 2.5.1.0
    Theme: Minimalistic
    Phone: Motorola Droid 1 [SOLD]
    Theme: Dark Edge

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    downloading it now. will give it a shot.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Open SetCPU, hit the menu, and autodetect
    For some reason my Setcpu lost root access so I fixed that and the new kernel showed up. Thanks for the help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links