DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] Help and Support for JRummy Roms

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

[Official] Help and Support for JRummy Roms

I have decided to start a new official help and support thread to help users better.

If you have a problem/issue please go by the following guide lines:

-Search for a solution before posting your issue or question.
    -Post the issue or question here or in the main thread before making a new thread over the topic.
    -When posting an issue please try and provide the following information:

-What rom and theme are you running
    -What is the exact issue and when did it start to occur
    -What have you already tried to do to fix the issue
    -Are there any other modifications you have done to the rom since you installed it
    -If you didn't wipe data/factory reset what rom where you running prior to switching

If you have done all of the above and nothing seems to work you can email me. I created a new email because I was getting overloaded with emails here. You can email me at jrummyrom@gmail.com and I will try and help out if you everything else seems to have failed.

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Guess I will try to kick this off...

Jrummy again you got the best out there for custom ROMs with color.. Only issue I have with the 2.2 builds, both of them, is a FC issue with the music app. I got past the permission issue and was able to use both the stock and the modded version. I am currently running 1.1 and when using the modded music app I get FC. This only happens when in the library menu with the tabs at the top. If you go to your playlist tab then it FC. From there any time you try to open the music app it FC. Only fix was to just go back to the stock music app which runs perfect. I have installed your ROM on 2 other friends phones and tested their phones with same results. Of course wiped 4 times cleaned out.. everything was fresh for the install. This ain't my firs rodeo, but for the life of me can't get pass the FC issue and love the modded look of the music app... All I have found in the main thread was about the permission issue and the music app vanishing. I got that fixed.. any help? anyone?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    mike91908
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Hey J! Little help here... I got the permissions fixed on the wife's 1-1 froyo pink lem ROM...

only problem i have left to install is Maps... I have it completely removed from the system, didn't get an SH error, but it still wont successfully install the new version... old version seems to be completely gone from system/app...

any ideas?

didn't wipe from 1.0 to 1.1...

also pushed Maps.apk from your 1.1 system app folder from adb and phone won't read it...

ok i just did some other searching around and it looks like if you deleted it prior to running the SH PM command any version tried thereafter is not going to work....
    Last edited by mike919; 06-26-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM10 Nightly
    Stonedroid theme by mike919
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wctaylor79 View Post
    Guess I will try to kick this off...

Jrummy again you got the best out there for custom ROMs with color.. Only issue I have with the 2.2 builds, both of them, is a FC issue with the music app. I got past the permission issue and was able to use both the stock and the modded version. I am currently running 1.1 and when using the modded music app I get FC. This only happens when in the library menu with the tabs at the top. If you go to your playlist tab then it FC. From there any time you try to open the music app it FC. Only fix was to just go back to the stock music app which runs perfect. I have installed your ROM on 2 other friends phones and tested their phones with same results. Of course wiped 4 times cleaned out.. everything was fresh for the install. This ain't my firs rodeo, but for the life of me can't get pass the FC issue and love the modded look of the music app... All I have found in the main thread was about the permission issue and the music app vanishing. I got that fixed.. any help? anyone?
    If you read Eliot Stockers post on the musicmod he is aware and can't fix it until froyo source is out.. don't know if he fixed it yet but I don't plan on working on it since he is going to fix it soon.. when he does I'll include it for sure.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike919 View Post
    Hey J! Little help here... I got the permissions fixed on the wife's 1-1 froyo pink lem ROM...

only problem i have left to install is Maps... I have it completely removed from the system, didn't get an SH error, but it still wont successfully install the new version... old version seems to be completely gone from system/app...

any ideas?

also pushed Maps.apk from your 1.1 system app folder from adb and phone won't read it...

ok i just did some other searching around and it looks like if you deleted it prior to running the SH PM command any version tried thereafter is not going to work....
    so you fixed it?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    mike91908
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jrummy16 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike919 View Post

any ideas?

so you fixed it?
    nope, cant get any version of maps to work... even tried root explorer... your commands in other posts obviously result in "failure" due to it already being removed...
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM10 Nightly
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    mike91908
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    i pulled maps 4.2 from your kang zip and pushed it through adb which i figured would work but since that was the last version run, but negative...
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM10 Nightly
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    First off thanks for the great rom. Unbelievably stable. I'm running the froyo rom and I'm having a problem with the kangerade app. I used the update method to install it and it stalled out for a bit then said it installed successfully. when I try too use the app out runs fine but nothing works. It looks like it does but the apps don't delete the boot animations don't load. Any suggestions?
    Thanks again
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday76 View Post
    First off thanks for the great rom. Unbelievably stable. I'm running the froyo rom and I'm having a problem with the kangerade app. I used the update method to install it and it stalled out for a bit then said it installed successfully. when I try too use the app out runs fine but nothing works. It looks like it does but the apps don't delete the boot animations don't load. Any suggestions?
    Thanks again
    Which rom are you running? kangerade v.1.1, source built rom, kangerade v1.0? Also, which version of the app do you have? canvs put out a couple.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Im running the 1.1 rom and Im using the stock app from that thread. But I just noticed the script sticky. When I get home i will try installing that and seeing if the problem persists. Thank you for the quick response
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Links