DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WiFi Scanning

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr

WiFi Scanning

Not sure if this is really the right place but I believe it might have something to do with Kangerade as it didn't happen before hand..

My phone in constantly turning on WifI and scanning. I don't want it to. I have 2 apps that I know of that can turn on/off wifi, locale and power manager. Locale is set to turn wifi on only when I am in my home. Power manager has all profiles set to "no change"

Anyone have any ideas? I noticed it after kangerade 1.1 upgrade and trying out chrome 2 phone. Does that have something to do with it? I go to manually turn it off and it turns right back on until its done doing whatever its doing?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Now it actually looks like turning my phone on from sleep is whats activating wifi. is that normal?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Are you using Juice Defender? I think the default setting for that is to disable wifi during sleep and turn it back on when it comes out
    HTC Rezound... Stock for now, with the Tag Home launcher...
    This link here will answer 90% of your issues: Click Me!

Quote Originally Posted by jntowers
    12 mp camera? are we going to be putting these pictures on billboards?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by Taegost View Post
    Are you using Juice Defender? I think the default setting for that is to disable wifi during sleep and turn it back on when it comes out
    Nope, don't have that one.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    It's been a problem with me also on every Froyo ROM except the original leaked versions (after applying P3Droid's kernels). JRummy's was working fine for a few days, then I started getting the same problem. At first it seemed to connect to my work wifi just fine, but nowhere else. Flashed BB, didn't work anywhere. Reflashed JRummy, now it works about 10% of the time. And yes, I wiped data, etc etc. I also have a few apps like Locale that can control wifi, but I was having this problem after a fresh install as well.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I changed the wifi scanning interval in build.prop back to the Google-provided default (15) and now have wifi for the first time today! Let's see if this keeps up.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by roll3r View Post
    I changed the wifi scanning interval in build.prop back to the Google-provided default (15) and now have wifi for the first time today! Let's see if this keeps up.
    How do you do that?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JP 5.56 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roll3r View Post
    How do you do that?
    If you have Root Explorer, open up /system/build.prop. You'll see a line that says wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 90. Change 90 to 15, save and reboot. If you don't have Root Explorer, let me know and I'll list the adb commands. Or just buy Root Explorer!

So far this change *seems* to have worked. I'll let it go for a day, and then, assuming everything's still good, I'll try some longer intervals.

I'm not sure why this would fix the issue we're having, because my understanding is that this just adjusts the interval that Android scans for remembered APs when none are in range (and setting a longer interval theoretically saves battery, if you always have wifi turned on), but I've definitely had the best wifi connection in days!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Well, no luck. Back to the same problem. At least now that source is out and Koush has something going (which I booted, then went back to JRummy for the time being) there's light at the end of the tunnel.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I discovered last night that my wifi has stopped working all together. Its not that big of a deal as I only use it when at home and when at home I've got 3 computers to use instead of the droid but its nice to have.

I'll check out this root explorer as I don't know how to use the sdk/adb stuff (I downloaded it but have not figgered any of it out yet)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links