DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Who is still rock'n the OG?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Picked up a Gnex over Xmas and absolutely love it. Had an upgrade available and received gift cards from all my kids at school for xmas gifts, so essentially got the phone for free! Have been with Verizon for years so still have the unlimited data plan ;-)

Loved my D1 dearly but the Gnex blows it out of the water in every respect. It's so responsive, so fast, ICS is gorgeous, huge screen, zero crapware installed. Perfect.

Still plan to keep my D1, buying the multimedia dock on Amazon for $10 and will have it sit on my work bench hooked up to some speaker for music, email checking etc.

It was a great phone in it's day but even overclocking, rom flashing, tweaking etc can only do so much. After using the Gnex for a day, I went back to the D1 to play around and it felt slooooow.

Seems like the Gnex is getting a huge amount of abuse, a lot of which is pretty unjustified. I admit the camera is low spec compared to some other phones, but the styling and OS blow everything else away, at least from what I can see. Yes, I am sure in 6 months there will be a better phone on the market, but that will always happen.

There will always be a place in my heart for the Droid 1, was an awesome phone in it's day, who can forget this?

AMAZING!
    Last edited by chris231dkz; 12-29-2011 at 07:08 AM.
    Current Phone - Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Stock ICS 4.0.2

'Play' Phone -
    Motorola Droid A855
    Rom - Liquid 3.2
    Kernel - ChevyNo1 MV @ 1000mhz
    Governor - OnDemand
    Theme - ICS
    Launcher - ADW Launcher EX with ICS theme, ICS Morph tweaks
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by chris231dkz View Post
    Picked up a Gnex over Xmas and absolutely love it. Had an upgrade available and received gift cards from all my kids at school for xmas gifts, so essentially got the phone for free! Have been with Verizon for years so still have the unlimited data plan ;-)

Loved my D1 dearly but the Gnex blows it out of the water in every respect. It's so responsive, so fast, ICS is gorgeous, huge screen, zero crapware installed. Perfect.

Still plan to keep my D1, buying the multimedia dock on Amazon for $10 and will have it sit on my work bench hooked up to some speaker for music, email checking etc.

It was a great phone in it's day but even overclocking, rom flashing, tweaking etc can only do so much. After using the Gnex for a day, I went back to the D1 to play around and it felt slooooow.

Seems like the Gnex is getting a huge amount of abuse, a lot of which is pretty unjustified. I admit the camera is low spec compared to some other phones, but the styling and OS blow everything else away, at least from what I can see. Yes, I am sure in 6 months there will be a better phone on the market, but that will always happen.

There will always be a place in my heart for the Droid 1, was an awesome phone in it's day, who can forget this?

AMAZING!
    Ahh I loved those days. It was like, see commercial. **** brix. Watch again, laugh at Idont then go buy a Droid.
    Running SS5.6/Cushzero 2.3.7
    Loving the Gingerbread deliciousness
    O/C 1.1 Ghz Chevy low voltage kernal.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    _mister_e
    Phone
    Thunderbolt BootManager=Pimped
    Quote Originally Posted by googlelover View Post
    A lot of issues can be fixed if you learn how to mess with everything on the phone..

Just gonna twiddle my thumbs and snicker at this. The name shows noob but I assure you I'm not. Look for a rom named KrUnKeD
    Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
    Unknown
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAGMIRE View Post
    Just gonna twiddle my thumbs and snicker at this. The name shows noob but I assure you I'm not. Look for a rom named KrUnKeD
    Oh, my bad I didn't mean to imply you didn't know how, was just covering all my bases :P
    Running SS5.6/Cushzero 2.3.7
    Loving the Gingerbread deliciousness
    O/C 1.1 Ghz Chevy low voltage kernal.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Upgraded to gnex gunna learn to make roms with my unbrickable og droid. XD
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Still have my OG, only problem right now is battery life--may have to break down and get a replacement. Probably going to wait on Droid 4, really use my keyboard a lot. Bought wife Bionic and impressed with screen and speed, but does suck up battery.
    Ain't nothin' but a simple man.....
    Droid Bionic
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I know most of the support for the D1 has dropped...I understand totally. If I was a dev I'd be moving on to more exiting things too. They saved me from boredom last winter letting me have things to play with on my D1 and for that I am thankful.

But...there are still a huge number of folks for one reason or another still have their D1 and will for some time yet. There is a thread over at xda about an alpha release of the ICS on D1 and it's already up to 43k hits...not quite dead yet...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nex΅s
    Yeah I've noticed my battery going down hill. If i play a game on my phone for an hour, it goes from 90% to 40% thats ridiculous. I changed my battery not too long ago. Just this recent summer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy SIII - TW 4.1.2 VRBMF1
    Running JellyBeans Builds
    • Just Smooth...
    LeanKernel 3.0 EXP
    • Incredibly Awesome •
    ———————————Direct Injected——————————

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bolted, for now..
    I currently have 4 D1's. One is spare parts, 2 are for customization/ROM making, and the 4th is my stock, only used when I brick one of my custom D1s and cant figure out what I did wrong with it in time to go somewhere, and also when I travel and dont want my battery life to suffer. Excess, nah. Prepared, yes.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Just installed 3.2 on my Droid 1 [which is still my daily driver] after a record-length period [almost two months!] running a single ROM [Liquid Froyo 1.95]. I like to switch back to an LGB ROM every so often, so I can be reminded that all the eye candy isn't worth all the bugs. It usually takes a week or two, of not being able to pick up calls or take pictures, before it's back to LFY for me.

On the hardware side, my phone [which got frozen riding in my open-top vehicle this winter, and then quickly thawed, resulting in internal condensation] is having a difficult time of it. About 2/5 of my screen, centered roughly on the Home button, running the length of the screen, no longer accepts touch input. Harder than it seems, to never use Home. Sometimes, the direct center of the screen will start registering random touches, running top-to-bottom, uncontrollably. Been using it like that for about six months. Probably either pick up another Droid for $50 locally, or break down and buy a Razr Maxx or Nexus Prime. Eventually.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Links