DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Incoming texts went away..

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Unhappy Incoming texts went away..

I've had Liquid 3.1 on my D1 for about a week or two and suddenly I'm having an issue...

My text messages just quit working last night... apparently I can send a text and everything's great but I haven't received a single text message... and I know people have sent me texts since last night but I just can't seem to get them...

You guys know of a fix for this? I even tried installing Handcent today thinking it was maybe a crazy, off the wall issue with the stock/Liquid messaging app to no avail... rebooted, nothing. I did a complete power down for a few minutes and same issue.. I love this ROM but hate that my texting stopped working. I haven't noticed any issues with this ROM since I installed it.. Help!

Thanks for any info you can give!!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Have you tried locking your text messages in the memory? (under liquid settings) This may or may not work but its worth a shot. It seems to me that almost every gingerbread Rom for the D1 seems to have some kind of issues with text messages. Usually they show up but the phone won't notify you. I've never ran into or heard of this issue your having. Is you memory ok? I would uninstall Handcent for the time being and just use the stock sms app after you lock it in the memory. Like I said, I doubt this will work but give it a shot. Hope this helps bud.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDroid View Post
    Have you tried locking your text messages in the memory? (under liquid settings) This may or may not work but its worth a shot. It seems to me that almost every gingerbread Rom for the D1 seems to have some kind of issues with text messages. Usually they show up but the phone won't notify you. I've never ran into or heard of this issue your having. Is you memory ok? I would uninstall Handcent for the time being and just use the stock sms app after you lock it in the memory. Like I said, I doubt this will work but give it a shot. Hope this helps bud.
    No, I haven't locked my text messages in the memory.. I can try that, though... I had no problem with the notifications working - I always received a notification when a message was received and the missing messages still aren't in my messaging app, stock or Handcent. I only installed Handcent this afternoon and when I found that it wasn't an application issue, I uninstalled Handcent. Like I said, I had no issues prior to this with the texts/notifications and everything worked great - I didn't mess with anything or change any settings last night or today that would cause this problem - now I'm stumped.

Oh, and I can't find under "Liquid Settings" where the text message locking feature would be...
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    It's under performance section of liquid settings at the bottom
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Thanks... that didn't seem to fix it either... so I tried clearing all the data for the stock messaging app and that seems to have worked. I don't know if its correct to call it "the stock" text messaging app since it's a liquid smooth rom/build, but I digress :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Don't assume I'm a guy... there are some chicks lurking around these forums and we like technology as much as you boys do!!

Links