DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LGB 3.1, OG Droid1

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Gnex

LGB 3.1, OG Droid1

just loaded up LGB 3.1 on the OG and I guess liquid heard my wishes b/c 3.1 is faster than 3.0 to me on my phone at least. It seems to respond quicker to input and just seems a tad more colorful lol. Good color scheme u got going liquid, me likey...just have to wait til in the morning if i'll be able to see it in the daylight tho lol.

really hope wifi doesnt go in and out like it once did where it would be ok then stop loading although it showed a connection...fingers crossed...
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Gnex
    so i loaded this thing up and it really goes zoom zoom. slapped it down on top of 3.0 and evrything with well and running well. only problem is/was with deskclock but a quick swap with the 3.0 apk fixed the problem for me and others. other than that no real problems with 3.1 on the OG. Good rom as usual from the liquid...man he's good...
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by kinfolk248 View Post
    so i loaded this thing up and it really goes zoom zoom. slapped it down on top of 3.0 and evrything with well and running well. only problem is/was with deskclock but a quick swap with the 3.0 apk fixed the problem for me and others. other than that no real problems with 3.1 on the OG. Good rom as usual from the liquid...man he's good...
    Wish I knew how you werent having any troubles. I installed this rom and having the same trouble I had with 3.0 and with other roms. It seems randomly when I answer a call it goes into speakerphone and I cant talk (nor can they hear me) and I have to remove my battery to reboot the phone as nothing else response (Screen or buttons) and I am on an OG A855. Really wish I could get these to work because they are super fast.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I've had that happen with the last several versions of these roms even before 3.0. Its not a rom issue, I can usually reflash the rom and the issue will go away... or better yet, do the Go back to Stock and reroot trick...

Quote Originally Posted by tharaxis View Post
    Wish I knew how you werent having any troubles. I installed this rom and having the same trouble I had with 3.0 and with other roms. It seems randomly when I answer a call it goes into speakerphone and I cant talk (nor can they hear me) and I have to remove my battery to reboot the phone as nothing else response (Screen or buttons) and I am on an OG A855. Really wish I could get these to work because they are super fast.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by omniphil View Post
    I've had that happen with the last several versions of these roms even before 3.0. Its not a rom issue, I can usually reflash the rom and the issue will go away... or better yet, do the Go back to Stock and reroot trick...

How do I go back to stock? I tried to "restore" to my backup and it fails saying an MD5 check or something haha... oh well Ive flashed like 6 roms now and all have same problem so I guess I will jus tkeep trying
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Gnex
    How do I go back to stock? I tried to "restore" to my backup and it fails saying an MD5 check or something haha... oh well Ive flashed like 6 roms now and all have same problem so I guess I will jus tkeep trying
    when u flash do u go thru and wipe everything? like wipe boot, wipe, system, wipe data, and wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache? if not go into recovery and wipe all those individually and reinstall from stratch and see if that fixes it...
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Here's where I got the info. It made a world of difference in stability and performance...

If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS.

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Really wish I could like "rep" you or something.. haha. After 3 or 4 posts about the problems this was the best help. I really apreciate this "wish i would've found this link myself"

Went back to root 2.2 and did the OTA updates and my phone is running good on stock android right now. Haven't actually rooted and reflashed yet as its running so fast right now i am actually happy how it is...

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by omniphil View Post
    Here's where I got the info. It made a world of difference in stability and performance...

If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Glad I could help, We gotta do what tricks we can to keep this phone going...

On the next episode of "This old Droid", we will figure out what i'm going to upgrade too, probably the Galaxy Nexus. But with Liquid Smooth 3.1 and some performance tweaks my droid really runs well, if this phone had 512mb of ram it would last another 2 years I bet...

Really wish I could like "rep" you or something.. haha. After 3 or 4 posts about the problems this was the best help. I really apreciate this "wish i would've found this link myself"

Went back to root 2.2 and did the OTA updates and my phone is running good on stock android right now. Haven't actually rooted and reflashed yet as its running so fast right now i am actually happy how it is...

Thanks again
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    galaxy nexus
    you are on to something here... ram via usb? lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links