DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone switched back to LFY?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Question Has anyone switched back to LFY?

I love liquid ROMS, however I'm not convinced the D1 has the guts to run a smooth and stable version of Gingerbread. I've been using LGB since it came out and though each release seems to be getting better than the previous problems continue to arise. LFY was super stable for me and my phone ran great. I'm torn at this point as to whether I should stay on LGB or revert back to LFY. Either way I'm sticking with Liquid. Any thoughts?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorgania View Post
    I love liquid ROMS, however I'm not convinced the D1 has the guts to run a smooth and stable version of Gingerbread. I've been using LGB since it came out and though each release seems to be getting better than the previous problems continue to arise. LFY was super stable for me and my phone ran great. I'm torn at this point as to whether I should stay on LGB or revert back to LFY. Either way I'm sticking with Liquid. Any thoughts?

I've been wondering the same thing recently. I hate to go back since there is no LFY dev happening and there are some nice things in LGB that I hate to give up. But there are a few aggravating things in LGB. ex. Email stops syncing mysteriously, and on 1.9 and higher WiFi won't stay connected. That is why I'm back to LGB 1.85. Other than the WiFi thing they were great.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Yes, I switched back to LFY 1.95/1.96 a few days ago on my OG Droid.

I have been running various versions of LGB since May and not a single one left me satisfied with the way the phone was behaving. I had multiple FC issues, volume on music player/Pandora suddenly jumping to full blast as well as 3G/WiFi intermittantance when it clearly shouldn't....

The tipping point was with LGB 2.1 and neither Google Maps nor Browser would operate without freezing and forcing a reboot of the phone.

Since I've switched back, I have had none of the previous issues. The only problem I had was when I was trying to re-install some of my apps, the phone would not install them. I went through a series of fixing permissions in ROM Manager and re-booting the phone and finally they all installed with the exception of a few. Also, App2SD won't move some of the apps, but again, after fixing permissions, it seems to be working fine.

The phone has been running silky smooth for 4 days now and I have a 3G signal again here at work when I struggled to have one while running LGB.

Anyway, I am by no means saying LGB is at fault or that I didn't do something properly while installing (although I followed all instructions to the "T" for most of the installs and all of them since 1.9). All I can say is that I was "this close" to reverting back to stock after LGB 2.1 when I decided to go to LFY and I couldn't be happier right now. I do miss some of the extra features in LGB, but I'm living without them right now...
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If you feel GB isnt working, you may want to tryout droid concepts. They are continously updating their froyo. I prefer gb for now, but they seem like good roms
    Watch Full Length TV Shows, Movies, and Videos on your Android Phone!:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/54276-guide-full-streaming-tv-shows-movies-online-your-android-phone.html

-Liquid Gingerbread 2.2
    -ChevyNo1's 1.0GHZ Low Voltage
    -ADW EX
    -Opera Mini Browser
    -Highest Quadrant: 1350
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Also frustrated so I went to Droid Concepts and it's excellent. I'd like to go back to LFY and compare.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyheel View Post

I have been running various versions of LGB since May and not a single one left me satisfied with the way the phone was behaving. I had multiple FC issues, volume on music player/Pandora suddenly jumping to full blast as well as 3G/WiFi intermittantance when it clearly shouldn't....

The tipping point was with LGB 2.1 and neither Google Maps nor Browser would operate without freezing and forcing a reboot of the phone.

Since I've switched back, I have had none of the previous issues. The only problem I had was when I was trying to re-install some of my apps, the phone would not install them. I went through a series of fixing permissions in ROM Manager and re-booting the phone and finally they all installed with the exception of a few. Also, App2SD won't move some of the apps, but again, after fixing permissions, it seems to be working fine.

The phone has been running silky smooth for 4 days now and I have a 3G signal again here at work when I struggled to have one while running LGB.

Anyway, I am by no means saying LGB is at fault or that I didn't do something properly while installing (although I followed all instructions to the "T" for most of the installs and all of them since 1.9). All I can say is that I was "this close" to reverting back to stock after LGB 2.1 when I decided to go to LFY and I couldn't be happier right now. I do miss some of the extra features in LGB, but I'm living without them right now...

I can't find the 1.96 ROM. Do you have a link where I can get that one. 1.95 was the last LFY that I ran and I still have that one.
    Last edited by bthoms; 07-01-2011 at 03:42 PM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by bthoms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyheel View Post

I can't find the 1.96 ROM. Do you have a link where I can get that one. 1.95 was the last LFY that I ran and I still have that one.
    Here's 1.95, can't find 1.96 yet.... hopefully someone else can...
    http://android.markjohnston.us/DL/LFY/
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I did some digging and found this patch link referenced in another thread. I have downloaded it but have not installed it. I think you have to install 1.95 first as this is only a patch and NOT the entire build.

http://db.tt/OvTCbPB
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    Driod>Galaxy Nexus
    I think 1.96 was only on ROM Manager, when I first tried LFY I could only find 1.95 on the web. Also 1.96 is a patch I believe which might be why its only on RM.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Quote Originally Posted by Diab210 View Post
    Im typing this from the galaxy nexus uts awesone
    All hail the first post from a LTE Galaxy Nexus!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I bounce back and forth between LFY 1.92 and whatever the latest LGB is. 1.92 was a sweet spot for me, in terms of radios all working properly, and liking the theme, and things running quickly with the right kernel. I'm not convinced yet that there's any "killer" reason to go with Gingerbread over Froyo, so I digs me some old-school Liquid action.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links