DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lgb v2.1 issues

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Lgb v2.1 issues

I have just moved from UD 3.3.1 (GB) for lack of updates and decided to give liquid a try. What an amazingly speedy rom! The speed is seriously incredible! Fantastic work to the developers! I am however, experiencing some issues:

1. I run droidwall as I am on pageplus so I have limited data. If I reboot the phone, it doesn't hold those settings in memory. I have to go back into droidwall once I boot and apply. After that, no issues, until a reboot again.

2. I have the newest version of swype and when I reboot it doesn't keep that as my default keyboard, even though I have it set to. I also noticed on occasion that it will be the standard android keyboard randomly and swype will be unselected in the language and keyboard settings? I don't know if this is a rom issue here or a swype issue.

So far that is all I have found to be wrong with it. Everything was installed fresh with a thorough wipe before installation of the rom. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
    Droid Rooted
    Liquid Gingerbread v2.1 (crazy smooth/fast)
    Chevyno1 1.1 LV GB Kernel
    Launcher Pro (3 screens)
    Beautiful Widgets (sense UI layout)
    Rom Manager/Clockwork to control it all!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Spectrum, Bionic, Droid 3, X,1
    Quote Originally Posted by thejas View Post
    I have just moved from UD 3.3.1 (GB) for lack of updates and decided to give liquid a try. What an amazingly speedy rom! The speed is seriously incredible! Fantastic work to the developers! I am however, experiencing some issues:

1. I run droidwall as I am on pageplus so I have limited data. If I reboot the phone, it doesn't hold those settings in memory. I have to go back into droidwall once I boot and apply. After that, no issues, until a reboot again.

2. I have the newest version of swype and when I reboot it doesn't keep that as my default keyboard, even though I have it set to. I also noticed on occasion that it will be the standard android keyboard randomly and swype will be unselected in the language and keyboard settings? I don't know if this is a rom issue here or a swype issue.

So far that is all I have found to be wrong with it. Everything was installed fresh with a thorough wipe before installation of the rom. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
    Sounds like you have those apps moved to your sdcard. Move them back to your phone and that should clear up all your issues

Edit: Instructions in case you're not sure... Settings-Applications-Manage Applications-(Select Whichever app is giving you a problem)-Move to Phone
    Last edited by jzd5032; 06-23-2011 at 04:43 PM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Have you tried the camera? Take more than 1 pic and report back.
    TH3ORY ROM/[K]IN3TX 1.0
    Launcher Pro Plus

Support Your Developers!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by markwebb View Post
    Camera Freezes up when i take a picture. It also doesn't save them. Sometimes it works, but mostly doesnt. Ive tried: Formatting sdcard, clearing camera app data, keeping camera locked in memory, reflashing LGB...Still getting problems
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by jzd5032 View Post
    Camera Freezes up when i take a picture. It also doesn't save them. Sometimes it works, but mostly doesnt. Ive tried: Formatting sdcard, clearing camera app data, keeping camera locked in memory, reflashing LGB...Still getting problems
    Darn..an ongoing issue with this ROM. OK, I will pass on this until it is corrected. Otherwise, I LOVE LGB.
    TH3ORY ROM/[K]IN3TX 1.0
    Launcher Pro Plus

Support Your Developers!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Try fixing permission through rom manager then restart. After phone boots up use the fix permission button in Liquid settings and again reboot the phone. This fixed my camera issues, I just took 10 photos and recorded video for 30 seconds and camera did NOT crash. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by unsoldier50 View Post
    Try fixing permission through rom manager then restart. After phone boots up use the fix permission button in Liquid settings and again reboot the phone. This fixed my camera issues, I just took 10 photos and recorded video for 30 seconds and camera did NOT crash. Hope this helps.

Nope, didn't work. But thanks for the tip
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by thejas View Post

Sounds like you have those apps moved to your sdcard. Move them back to your phone and that should clear up all your issues

Edit: Instructions in case you're not sure... Settings-Applications-Manage Applications-(Select Whichever app is giving you a problem)-Move to Phone
    You would think by now I'd remember this stuff...lol. Thanks it worked! Now lets try that cam...
    Droid Rooted
    Launcher Pro (3 screens)
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Camera works perfect. Just took 10 pics in a row with no issues. Video works fine as well.
    Droid Rooted
    Launcher Pro (3 screens)
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by unsoldier50 View Post

Nope, didn't work. But thanks for the tip
    Okay, the "fix permission" trick stopped working for me, but I think I figured out a permanent fix.

1. Using root explorer delete the camera apk file.
    2. Then under Liquid settings click on Goodies, Switch and then install stock camera apk. (A reboot is NOT necessary after deleting the camera apk)

I tested this by taking several photos and videos, then I restarted the phone to make sure the fix would stick and after taking several more photos and videos I think this repair is a keeper.

If anyone tries this let me know if it works for you, thanks.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links