DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horrible battery life after......

1. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealius View Post
    How do you reset battery stats?
    It depends on the recovery you are using. For example I use RZR and when installing a new rom I use the wipe all function. This includes wiping battery stats and as a result I usually make sure that my battery is fully charged before I go into recovery to do the install.

But regardless of recovery you need to make sure that you have a full charge on your battery. I always let it charge for about an hour after it hits 100%, not necessarily a requirement but it works better for me this way. Then boot into recovery, in RZR the option is in Wipe Options > Batt Stats, and its been a while but I believe on CWM it was in advanced options. Select the option, then boot back into android.

Now just let your battery run out, I always wait til it shuts itself off. I also normally try not to reboot or go into recovery when I do it. Follow that by charging it fully without removing it from the charger and you should be good to go.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdnhvy View Post
    Ok, I would actually pay more attention to & monitor the other Device catagory.

After charging your phone 100, reboot your phone, soon as it finishes rebooting unplug your droid & then use it as you normally would over the next 5-8 hours (assuming the battery will last that long) & try to make sure your droid spends at least half of that time sleeping, screen off, then....

Go into: settings-liquid settings-device-history.

Make sure the second drop down menu from the top is on "since last unplugged"

Now in the drop down menu at the top first lets check the "other usage"
    The two main things in here ww want to compare is: "running" & "screen on" compare the % of the two, if the running is showing unusually high, compared to the screen on then thats a def sign of a problem, if its unusually high, that means your phone is not effeciently going into "sleep" state.

Next in the top drop down menu, change it to "partial wake usage" in here one of the main things to look at is "android system" again if that is unusually high thats a sign of a problem.

Next change the drop down menu to "cpu" usage & review the items in there, if there are any that arw unusually high that should not be...

To get an accurate idea, on the "running" & "android system" its important that your droid spends a decent amount of time sleeping, then when reviewing these youll have to use your judgment if the readings seems right based on only u will know how much u used your droid..
    Good info, will do.
    Thanks
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Ok, I would actually pay more attention to & monitor the other Device catagory.

After charging your phone 100, reboot your phone, soon as it finishes rebooting unplug your droid & then use it as you normally would over the next 5-8 hours (assuming the battery will last that long) & try to make sure your droid spends at least half of that time sleeping, screen off, then....

Go into: settings-liquid settings-device-history.

Make sure the second drop down menu from the top is on "since last unplugged"

Now in the drop down menu at the top first lets check the "other usage"
    The two main things in here ww want to compare is: "running" & "screen on" compare the % of the two, if the running is showing unusually high, compared to the screen on then thats a def sign of a problem, if its unusually high, that means your phone is not effeciently going into "sleep" state.

Next in the top drop down menu, change it to "partial wake usage" in here one of the main things to look at is "android system" again if that is unusually high thats a sign of a problem.

Next change the drop down menu to "cpu" usage & review the items in there, if there are any that arw unusually high that should not be...

To get an accurate idea, on the "running" & "android system" its important that your droid spends a decent amount of time sleeping, then when reviewing these youll have to use your judgment if the readings seems right based on only u will know how much u used your droid..
    This is great advice, though I was already monitoring those stats, but since my phone is FOR SURE not sleeping properly (terrible %'s of running to screen on, etc), and hasn't been for 1.7, 1.8, 1.85, or 1.9, I've tried them all and had this issue, any idea how to FIX it?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    Get osmonitor and see what is using the CPU.

Sent from my DROID2
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    What kernel are you running? Either way that is the first thing I would advise trying, in fact, believe it or not, if you are currentlt using a low voltage kernel, to alleviate the issue , u may have to go to a medium voltage kernel, in fact thats what I would try first, try a medium voltage kernel, run that for a day or so doing the same things I had mentioned above, For me personally I have always had very good luck with Chevy's kernels, maybe flash one of his medium voltage kernels, in addition when you flash one, when.in recovery just before you flash the kernel, wipe the the cache, (i usually wipe the dalvic cache as well) then flash the kernel.....
    Rom: Liquid GB
    Kernel: Stock or Imoseyon
    Theme: Stock
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Running rModv1 kernel. 1.9 Liquid. Also have setcpu set at 800 - 250... had several callsand texts. Great battery life in my opinion. Make sure you wipe wipe wipe. Restored all from app market no problems. Other apps I installed with titanium backup. Like Netflix etc... love this rom best for my Droid. If anyone's having problems my advise is make sure you wipe everything even reboot into recovery and wipe again. Then install. Also using RZR 2.0.3 RECOVERY

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Horrible battery life after......-uploadfromtaptalk1306213244059.jpg  
    Last edited by beaton3344; 05-23-2011 at 11:09 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Spectrum, Bionic, Droid 3, X,1
    I'm using Corcor67 elite v2 1.1ghz lv. It runs super cool, EXTREMELY fast, and EVERYTHING works with it. I've gotten 10+ hours with moderate to heavy usage, and im still on 60% I'm currently on LGB 1.9 and i have no issues with anything, especially battery life. I use setcpu...Have it set to 1.1ghz-500mhz on SmartMod (screen on..and/or charging). 700mhz- 250mhz (Battery <21%). 500mhz-250mhz (screen off).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Horrible battery life after......-screenshot.png  
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    What kernel are you running? Either way that is the first thing I would advise trying, in fact, believe it or not, if you are currentlt using a low voltage kernel, to alleviate the issue , u may have to go to a medium voltage kernel, in fact thats what I would try first, try a medium voltage kernel, run that for a day or so doing the same things I had mentioned above, For me personally I have always had very good luck with Chevy's kernels, maybe flash one of his medium voltage kernels, in addition when you flash one, when.in recovery just before you flash the kernel, wipe the the cache, (i usually wipe the dalvic cache as well) then flash the kernel.....
    I was running the stock that came with 1.9. In the past I'd tried CorCor and RZR. Chevy's kernel's have always put my phone in a bootloop when combined with Liquid.

I just installed the low voltage chevy 1.0GHz, and as expected it bootlooped. I then installed the medium, and it booted. I wiped the caches as you suggested before installing the kernels.

Thanks for the suggestion and hopefully it will work, but how will the voltage of the kernel affect my battery?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Even though all d1 are the same phone so to speak, its impossible to make all the internal hardware components 100 % identical, and so I imagine some hardware components in one droid may have more "resistance" (electronically speaking) than another droid & to low of a voltage kernel may now provide enough "juice" to keep all the coponents running smoothly, causing a bit of "confusion" within the android os cauzing it to continuously ping the system checking things, Have you tried one of CorCor' elite v2 medium voltage kernels yet? if not maybe give that a try, & I also believe that Pete actually has some increased voltage kernels in his v.02 releases.....also cvpcs has some older increased voltage kernels, still floating around, though those most likely cause the now seemingly common usb/pc file transfer issue to occur, but there is a roundabout fix for that to, & honestly if this cant be tracked down to a kernel issue, at this time im a bit stumped.
    Rom: Liquid GB
    Kernel: Stock or Imoseyon
    Theme: Stock
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorla Droid
    how can you tell whats eating your battery in os monitor? when i sort by load, i see android system coming up sometimes.

something is wrong with my config right now because even tho its the smoothest GB i have had, worst battery life, on cyanogenmod 7 with deprimed 20 getting about 15-20 hrs with usage. now 12 hrs with device being completely UNUSED. sleep
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Horrible battery life after......-snap20110524_105516.png  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links